NegaMetallix

Sonic & Mega Man: WORLDS UNITE?!

500 posts in this topic

Wright is still awesome and he should be in comics more than once! (Of course he's got his own manga but hey... More Phoenix right?)

At the very least he should be in one of the off panel jokes at the end, working on the compensation case or somesuch.

Phoneix Wright would defeat eggman, wily, and sigma with the awesome power of OBJECTION!!

Phoneix Wright would defeat eggman, wily, and sigma with the awesome power of OBJECTION!!

And stop their armies with the power of HOLD IT!!

And join the inevitable final climatic gang-up attack with the power of TAKE THAT!!

Anyways, my own personal opinion on what going to happen with Worlds Unite, ...Yeah, to put it simply: I predict this is going to get messy, real fast.

On the other hand, I personally enjoy a little bit of chaos. Plus, I can't quite tell you how ecstatic I am at seeing freaking Captain Vyse among the characters that will appear. If I see Ramirez or at least Galcian on the villain side in addition, ...I will probably react like this:

aof3dOA.gif

Yeah a little chaos never hurts. As long as it's done with STYLE~

Wow o_o Artwork as well made as usual.. Really can't wait to continue the story...

Nice artwork one of Archie many good points.

Wow new covers! o_o They look really cool. So I see Sticks the only one from Boom universe?

We're back in business, baby! Here's the next four covers and solicits for Worlds Unite. We finish Act 1 with Part 4 (Mega Man #50)...

Mega_Man_-50.jpg

Celebrate 50 issues of Mega Man with the latest chapter in the globe-smashing SONIC/MEGA MAN crossover event! "Worlds Unite" Part Four: Act One comes to its mind-blowing conclusion! Sigma’s plan reaches its first stage, and the worlds of Sonic and Mega Man have fused! It’s definitely going to take more than one hero to stop the threat from the future—maybe even ten! Sonic, Mega Man, X, Sticks, the Freedom Fighters, Robot Masters and Maverick Hunters—UNITE! PLUS: Stick around for a special bonus anniversary story as Mega Man and X meet for the first time! Featuring a wrap-around cover from the legendary Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante! PLUS 5 variant covers from Edwin Huang, Irvin Rodriguez, Patrick Thomas Parnell, Roger & Idalia Robinson and part 4 of the epic 12-part connecting variant cover series by artist Ben Bates!

...Then we kick off Act 2, and some hero/villain team-ups, with Part 5 (Sonic Universe #77)...

242px-Sonic_Universe_-77.jpg

The next exciting chapter in the SONIC/MEGA MAN "WORLDS UNITE" crossover event starts here! "Worlds Unite" Part Five: The worlds of Sonic and Mega Man have been joined together by Sigma, and it’s going to take a full-on army of unified heroes to make it right! Actually—scratch that—it’s going to take some heroes AND some villains! When the mysterious and malicious Xander Payne inexplicably arrives with Drs. Eggman and Wily in tow, our heroes get new insight into Sigma’s plans! Featuring cover art from the legendary Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante and variant cover art from CLAUS-Justin Harder (Thor: the Dark World, SNL) and part 5 of the epic 12-part connecting variant cover series by artist Ben Bates!

...Continuing the craziness, and possibly starting the SEGA/Capcom cameos, in Part 6 (Sonic Boom #9)...

242px-Sonic_Boom_-9.jpg

The SONIC/MEGA MAN crossover event GOES BOOM! "Worlds Unite" Part Six: The war against Sigma has been waged! Sonic, Mega Man and X lead their unified friends against hordes of mechaniloids led by the armored, super-powered Deadly Six! That sounds pretty scary and exciting, and now is definitely the time for everyone to work together and pay close attention. Especially Sticks. She tends to do some distracting stuff, like falling off the Sky Patrol and landing into a Genesis Portal or something—wait? Did she really? Well, where did she land? No way! Is that - -?! You won't believe where Sticks lands, but what you BETTER believe is that this issue sports some awesome cover art by Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante and the return of the EVIL FRIENDS FOREVER (E.F.F.) variant by Brent McCarthy! Plus part 6 of the epic 12-part connecting variant cover series by artist Ben Bates!

...And finally reaching some sudden treachery in Part 7?! (Sonic The Hedgehog #274)

242px-Sonic_The_Hedgehog_-274.jpg

The heroes of the SONIC/MEGA MAN crossover event: AT WAR?! "Worlds Unite" Part Seven: The unified army is not so unified anymore! What has driven Mega Man, X and their robot companions to attack Sonic and the Freedom Fighters? Drs. Eggman and Wily may have the answer! Or a weapon. Could a weapon be the answer? Or is it more trademark treachery? Meanwhile, Sigma grows in power, preparing for the next phase of his master plan! And speaking of masters, this issue features cover art from master-artist Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, a CG-SLUGFEST Variant cover from Rafa Knight and part 7 of the epic 12-part connecting variant cover series by artist Ben Bates!

Geez, how much Worlds Unite content is there now?! As if the main story wasn't enough, we now have these 'Battle Books' coming out:

Megamanbattlessketchvar-2.jpgMegamanbattlessketchvar-1.jpgMegamanbattlessketchvar-3.jpg

ALL-NEW DIRECT MARKET-EXCLUSIVE special! There are so many epic battles in the SONIC/MEGA MAN crossover event that the biggest brawls of the bunch have exploded into their very own book! This extra-special bonus issue features exciting duels spilling over from the pages of the much-talked about “Worlds Unite” event, and feature an all-star cast of creators! Watch Mega Man bring the ruckus to the Deadly Six, the Maverick Hunters ultimate showdown with Vile and Dr. Light’s Robot Masters tussle with the unstoppable power of hero-turned-uber-villain Sonic Man! LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLE! Also featuring variant art from Patrick “SPAZ” Spaziante, and a special wrap-around cover and sketch variant by Sonic and Mega Man superstars Evan Stanley & Jamal Peppers!

From what's been said (via interviews and the BumbleKing Forums) it seems like these one-shots are gonna be like 'extended battle scenes' in the sense that, while these fights will likely be seen or mentioned within the main issues of the crossover (like the Robot Masters vs. Sonic Man fight) this book will show even more of said fights, without cutting to other characters. I should also note that this particular book is only showing fights from the 'Mega Man [X]' characters' side of things, with another book showing off the 'Sonic [boom]' character fights. Also, while it's debated that these will only be two issues, I'm actually guessing that there will be six; three for each side, one for eact Act in the crossover.

Edited by NegaMetallix

It's neat to see worlds unite so popular (Assuming it is seeing as how it's getting the extra content that it is) I'm normally not one for crossovers, but I make an exception for these comics. I think Flynn writes them well enough, so they're pretty enjoyable. 

Part 7's cover is real intriguing though, I wonder what happened there huh..

Part 7's cover is real intriguing though, I wonder what happened there huh..

Well, the solicit seems to imply that Wily and Eggman are to blame (maybe Xander too), but I have a sneaky suspicion that...

...the Deadly Six will use their mecha-mind control on the Robot Masters and Maverick Hunters. If so, then I'd be surprised that X is controlled, even with his free will.

Nothing good ever comes when you mix Xander and Deadly Six...

824c5afcde13ab660283470b6b528d40.jpg?v=1

(insert obligatory Spongebob reference here)

I'm officially scared of this picture o_o''

I don't know if I'll ever read worlds unite after that.

This reminds me of Ouran Highschool Host Club.. Except with.. Villains... o_o''

824c5afcde13ab660283470b6b528d40.jpg?v=1

(insert obligatory Spongebob reference here)

Just gonna stick this here for BlueBlur...

Baldmeme.gif

(Pretend you can hear them)

But anyway... yeah... weird cover... don't like

I'm just scared.... ;______; Why are they... 

Time for some more crossover covers and solicitations, courtesy of yours truly! We end Act 2 with Part 8 (Mega Man #51)...

242px-MM_51_Cover.jpg242px-MM_51_Variant.jpg

(I know we've already seen the variant, but it doesn't hurt to add it again... right?)

IS ALL LOST?! The evil Sigma unleashes an unstoppable army in "Worlds Unite" Part Eight: Sonic, Mega Man and X lead the unified army against Sigma’s horde of resurrected Mavericks! Sigma has now taken command of the Genesis Portals, threatening to fuse together even MORE worlds! With our heroes’ time and strength running out, Sticks returns with reinforcements—and you’ll never believe who she recruited! Featuring cover art from the legendary Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, and variant cover art from Sonic rising star Diana Skelly and part 8 of the epic 12-part connecting variant cover series by artist Ben Bates!

...Then dive head-first into the Final Act, and the point where this basically becomes 'SEGA x Capcom' in Part 9 (Sonic Universe #78)...

242px-SU_78_Cover.jpg242px-SU_78_Variant.jpg

The third and final act of the EPIC SONIC/MEGA MAN CROSSOVER EVENT begins here! "Worlds Unite" Part Nine: Sigma has begun his conquest of ALL the worlds. Now it’s up to Sonic, Mega Man and X to unify those worlds AGAINST Sigma! It’s a “who’s who” of SEGA and Capcom heroes answering this important call to arms! But with Sigma still active on the unified world, he turns his gaze upon those left behind..! Featuring the worlds of STREET FIGHTER, SKIES OF ARCADIA, NiGHTS INTO DREAMS, OKAMI, GHOSTS 'N' GOBLINS, ALEX KIDD and more! Plus cover art from the legendary Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, and variant cover art from "Worlds Collide" penciling star Jamal Peppers and part 9 of the epic 12-part connecting variant cover series by artist Ben Bates!

...and finally bringing together even more worlds, along with Xander, Eggman and Wily possibly planning something, in Part 10 (Sonic Boom #10).

242px-Sonicboom-10-130808.jpg242px-Sonicboom-10var-130809.jpg

The SONIC/MEGA MAN Crossover event explodes beyond the worlds of just our two blue heroes! "Worlds Unite" Part Ten: Sonic, Mega Man, X and Sticks continue to rally heroes from across the wide expanse of the SEGA and Capcom universes! Who will be brave and join the unified assault against Sigma? PLUS with all of the heroes busy, who’s keeping an eye on the malicious Xander Payne and Evil BFFs Drs. Eggman and Wily? The villains MUST be plotting something now—but what? Featuring the worlds of VIEWTIFUL JOE, GOLDEN AXE, BREATH OF FIRE, PANZER DRAGOON, BILLY HATCHER, MONSTER HUNTER and more! Plus cover art from the legendary Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, and variant cover art from Reilly Brown and part 10 of the epic 12-part connecting variant cover series by artist Ben Bates!

No word on Part 11 yet (Sonic's big 275th issue), and the finale (MM #52) won't be revealed until next month, along with the first post-WU Sonic/Universe/Boom issues. As for what we have so far... it's certainly a lot to take in. I understand that a few of you here don't know who some of these characters are, so I'll post a quick summary sometime later. In the meantime, just take a moment to enjoy the sheer beauty of that 'Bald is Beautiful' variant cover... ("MY EYES!")

It's official this is absolute chaos this would work for sega X capcom game but and a comic book that like all the marvel characters team up with all the dc characters this will get out of control real fast.