NegaMetallix

Sonic & Mega Man: WORLDS UNITE?!

500 posts in this topic

I have a theory that this crossover will affect Mega Man's world since it ends in a Mega Man issue.

Is Sega really that bad? Since to me it seems at least now they started working with them more (since story is going like in the games all mixed together sort of) And well really I just really like the way the comics were and how they are now too. Sure there are lot of changes and all but they had no choice but to "erase" the other world. And well for a backup plan I think the comics turned out just fine (thought that's only my opinion) But they could have done much worse too. (Just think of the whole series based around Sonic 06... Let that sink in for a while xD)

Go on the SA3 Facebook page, Sega's Facebook, Every Sonic and Sega related thing on the internet their pretty hated not as much as Konami, Capcom, EA, and Ubisoft but their not really in a financial position to be trying anything many people said this whole comic rebooted is another example of sega's poor decision. Expectantly since ryan drummond said "Sega doesn't give a D*** about their fans." so after all this do you really think we can truth sega with anything sonic related. 

Go on the SA3 Facebook page, Sega's Facebook, Every Sonic and Sega related thing on the internet their pretty hated not as much as Konami, Capcom, EA, and Ubisoft but their not really in a financial position to be trying anything many people said this whole comic rebooted is another example of sega's poor decision. Expectantly since ryan drummond said "Sega doesn't give a D*** about their fans." so after all this do you really think we can truth sega with anything sonic related. 

The trouble is, ask 10 sonic fans what they want to see, and you'll get 11 different answers.

I have a theory that this crossover will affect Mega Man's world since it ends in a Mega Man issue.

They haven't much content as the Sonic Comics have so it wouldn't make sence but I am thinking of some little timeevents because now there is the Mega Man V adaption with the Stardroids and...more space things so think it has little effects but not a complete Genesis Wave and I don't think that they will remember all again...

So, is the FCBD special gonna be added to the collection?

I found it on youtube, along with Nicole's origin story, uploaded by some Nazo fan, but sadly it won't let me watch them, I have no idea why. :(

I think so. What I am thinking of the SSM #14 (with the Sonic Rivals 2 adaption) - It was before Worlds Unite but the issue was between StH 272 and SU 75 and so WU has happened in the Sonic World....already, right?

Ian Flynn already gave the official order of events on his Twitter. It pretty much goes like this:

'Champions' (STH #268-271) > 'Spark of Life' (SU #71-74) & 'Into the Unknown' (FCBD/SSSM #14) > 'A Ray of Hope' (STH #272) > 'Fury' (SU #75) > 'Worlds Unite'

So 'Into the Unknown' (the Genesis Portal origin story) takes place around the same time as 'Spark of Life', and before STH #272 and SU #75.

Sorry for the double-post, but we now have the final covers and solicitation for 'Worlds Unite'! Part 12 (the finale) kicks off in Mega Man #52:

megaman-52-136430.jpgmegaman-52var1-136432.jpg

The ALL-NEW Sonic/Mega Man Crossover sequel comes to a chaotic close with "Worlds Unite" Part Twelve:

The grand finale to "Worlds Unite" sees our super-powered heroes Sonic and Mega Man face off against the evil Sigma in his final, most lethal form! If that wasn't enough, the Genesis Portal-ravaged reality is falling apart and time is running out to fix it! You don't want to miss the stunning conclusion to the biggest crossover event of the year! Featuring the worlds of STREET FIGHTER, SKIES OF ARCADIA, NiGHTS INTO DREAMS, OKAMI, GHOSTS 'N' GOBLINS, ALEX KIDD and more! Featuring cover art from the legendary T.Rex, a special "SUPER-POWERED" variant by Reilly Brown and the final part of the epic 12-part connecting variant cover series by artist Ben Bates!

So... we're ending this thing on yet another Super Sonic/Mega Man battle?

giphy.gif

But... Mega Man shouldn't even HAVE the Rush Super Adapter yet! Heck, he hasn't even got the ORIGINAL Adapters from MM6!

Supah Sonic and Supah Megaman again? With a bunch of other random characters around probably just for the sake of things? *Such originality*

Eh...I'll still give it a look

Hmmmm....

Exec 1: "Do the exact same thing as last time.  It made money, so doing the same thing will also make money"

Exec 2: "But make it BIGGER!  Add lots more characters!  Bigger stories mean more money!"

Writer: "But... if its too similar people won't like it!"

Exec 1: "Oh, okay then.  Main the main heroes the bad guys this time instead of the hero's friends"

Exec 2: But that's ALL you're allowed to do!

Aww c'mon. This could be good right?

It could be...

I'm just not hopeful.  It's just the signs are not promising at the moment.  Some stuff looks good, but my gut is saying it won't be.

That or I ate some bad cheese!

It's the cheese I'm telling you. I personally liked World Collide and I'm pretty sure I will enjoy this one too.

I liked Worlds Collide...

Well.... I like the first issue... then it got bad when the Sonic/Mega-man fight lasted too long, de-robotization process was way to easy, and the story got repetitive.  (Fight group of friends, heal them, rinse and repeat)  But from the Knuckles Man/Rose Woman fight it got better again, and I like the finale.

I just think this one is too soon, and it smacks of 'Lets do this to make money' rather than 'lets tell a good story'.  And also 'Let's do this to make people bye the new Sonic Boom comic'.  After all, it's crashing right in the way of the Sonic meta-plot.

I'm willing to bet if Mega-Man X get's its own comic, a few issues in we'll get ANOTHER cross-over to try and force people to buy all five comics.

Well, in fairness this is only one of a few things that are similar to 'Worlds Collide':

- Roboticized Masters: Last time, we had the whole second Act dedicated to saving Sonic's friends. This time it's just Sonic (and Mega Man, if you really want to count him), so it's less of a focus this time around (probably only taking up around two issues). Plus, it's to gather our heroes together for the bigger fight.
- Heroes fighting each other: This isn't happening until the second Act and, once again, is much less of a focus this time. Like the issue above, WC had the majority of Act 1 being 'Sonic vs. Mega Man' and not much else, while WU only has one issue of this in Act 2, and it's more than JUST Sonic fighting Mega Man.
- Act 3 Showdown: Again, less of a priority this time. While WC had Sonic's friends fight the Robot Masters throughout the whole of Act 3, WU is spending half of its third Act just recruiting (and introducing to newcomers) the various SEGA and Capcom worlds, then kicking off the big showdown later.
- Super Finale: Okay, THIS one admittedly looks to be more of the same (especially with Super MM), so I'll give you that.

Still, three out of four ain't bad. I'm still excited for this crossover, but that doesn't mean I'll ignore its possible faults. And it's funny you should mention money, Skye. You see, it turns out that, if the original 'Worlds Collide' didn't happen or failed to sell, then Capcom were gonna axe off the Mega Man comic due to low sales.

Okay, hands in the air, you've got a point there.  Except there is a big 'heroes fighting each other' thing.  Which is all those bonus side issues....

Yeah, I'm gonna ring the 'they want more money' bell here.

It could be good.  I HOPE it will be good!  But I'm too cynical to expect it to be good.

Alright, there are the bonus issues, but their solicits don't seem to mention a lot of 'Hero vs. Hero' fights. Looking at them again, they only mention:

- Mega Man vs. Deadly Six

- Maverick Hunters vs. Vile

- Dr. Light's Robot Masters vs. Sonic Man

- Sonic vs. Deadly Six

- Knuckles vs. Break Man

- Sticks vs. Roll

- Something to do with Silver (mentioned in SU #75)

Only 2-3 of those fights seem to be 'Hero vs. Hero', and they likely all have valid reasons for happening; the Robot Masters vs. Sonic Man fight (if you really want to count it) is because they have to stop him in his roboticized state; Knuckles vs. Break Man, depending on when it's set, could be due to both of them lacking trust in others (especially in Break Man's case) or it's during the Deadly Six's possible 'overriding' of the MM/X characters; Sticks vs. Roll is also likely set at this time... but knowing Sticks' paranoia of 'the robot apocalypse', she could easily just be reacting to Roll. I'm going with the former option, seeing as Sticks is facing Roll on STH #274's main cover. I'll wait and see what other fights will be in those issues before fully judging my point. (Again, Silver is involved in at least one on Sonic's side.)

Believe me, you're not the only one who can be quite cynical. But as much as I may want to slam this crossover to the ground sometimes, I just can't do it yet.

How exactly would Mega-Man get roboticized? He's already a robot. Unless I'm missing something here...

How exactly would Mega-Man get roboticized? He's already a robot. Unless I'm missing something here...

Well he can still be re-programmed by Wily and Eggman to serve evil? Guess that's sort of it? Also getting one heckuva power boost. and new "eeeeeeeevil" look.

Well he can still be re-programmed by Wily and Eggman to serve evil? Guess that's sort of it? Also getting one heckuva power boost. and new "eeeeeeeevil" look.

Yeah, that makes more sense.

Sounds like a lot of the same, but still, it should be a fun three months to enjoy.  What I'm hoping is that we can see more video game comics being made (depending on the sale success of course).  The finale seems a little too obvious, but at least the stakes sound a little higher, so I'm not too disheartened by the familiarity.  Although I am a little bummed Ristar and Vectorman never made the cut.

Let's just face it both companies ain't doing well. Sega because of Sonic Boom and Capcom because of everything else so in order for them to make money they have to do another crossover. Plus it's just world collide with more characters threw in just to remind people how much Sega and Capcom had changes since the 90's and Early 2000's plus I saw that great big Solicitation on Rockman Corner may me less excited to see world unite