NegaMetallix

Sonic & Mega Man: WORLDS UNITE?!

500 posts in this topic

The point was to introduce the new worlds and versions of the characters to the readers.  The memory thing was merely an excuse to do so.

Wouldn't starting from stage 1 be a better excuse then to continue what the pre-252 started.

Personally, I would agree that a full reboot with a new issue 1 would have been better seeing how everything is going.  But we have what we have.

So,  how about some preview pages?

cVqYlWm.jpg

x9Ea325.jpg

YU1mgaw.jpg

No words can say how happy i am to see Elec Man, I mean, how would you feel if your favourite character didn't have a big appearance for 3 years?

Huh, seems pretty early to already be getting preview pages for SU #76. I thought we'd be getting STH #272 and MM #49 before this. Oh well, I can't really complain. That being said, however, the art style's... a little different from the norm. It might take a little getting used to for me, but it's certainly not terrible from these previews.

Ok it time for Q&A time.

1. If the X universe takes place after X8 and before command mission or the zero series shouldn't sigma be dead.

2. What's up with the art style it doesn't look right not even for megaman stander.

3. Isn't it too early to get preview pages expectantly ones that only show what happen after the championship arc and mega man 3.

4. How many time is sega and archie going to use green hill zone I'm starting too get real sick of that places like seaside hill from heroes.

To answer those questions:

1. If the X universe takes place after X8 and before command mission or the zero series shouldn't sigma be dead.

The 'Mega Man X' portion of Worlds Unite takes place after/at the end of X7, and before X8 (and Command Mission, I guess). Hence why Sigma is still around.

2. What's up with the art style it doesn't look right not even for megaman stander.

It's a new artist (well, for the Sonic & Mega Man books, anyway): Dan Schoening. Apparently, he does the art for IDW's 'Ghostbusters' series. I think it works.

3. Isn't it too early to get preview pages expectantly ones that only show what happen after the championship arc and mega man 3.

I'll admit, as I said earlier, that it's a little odd to see these pages already, but it is THE big event for Archie Sonic and Mega Man this year, so it makes sense to showcase it. Besides, this technically wouldn't count as the official just-before-release preview, since these clearly aren't the first 3 pages of the issue (there's obviously some missing content between the Maverick Hunters' raid on Sigma's base, and the transition to Sonic's world). Rather, this is just giving us a taste of the art while showcasing the first page for each of our blue heroes. Though I noticed there's no Sonic Boom page. Guess they're only joining the fun in Part 2.

4. How many time is sega and archie going to use green hill zone I'm starting too get real sick of that places like seaside hill from heroes.

...I dunno. If I had to guess, maybe it's because both 'Genesis' and 'Worlds Collide' kicked off Sonic's world with GHZ, so they did it again for this crossover.

While it's a little disappointing that Bass won't be in the crossover, it makes sense why he isn't. After all, we haven't reached 'Mega Man 7' yet, and there doesn't seem to be any major time-skip for Mega Man's world this time around (hence why we have Break Man still).

Yeah you're right. Bass would probably steal someones show because he has his specific character...buuuuut didn't you say that Worlds Collide was after MM7 or MM10 so Bass came into Worlds Collide?

But anyway....AXL! F- no wow. Now my dreams are comming all together and it's like only one or two month for Worlds Unite. Now I feel like having a little heart-attack with a bit fangirl-screaming emotions and too much coffein in my head. Ian Flynn why are you doing this to me?

Ok it time for 2. What's up with the art style it doesn't look right not even for megaman stander.

I dont think it looks that bad........

Ok it time for

I would say that they use places like the Green Hill Zone or Seaside hill is that

1: They are early, better recognised zones. As someone whos unable to get far through the first two Sonic games (Second and third zones respective to the games are my record) I wouldn't be able to recognise many zones further ahead. And I'm sure I'm not the only one and they know this. So better to keep the zones recognisable

2: Think about it. Which is more open to possibilities of things to happen. The open, peaceful looking Green Hill Zone or a more complicated place such as the Chemical Plant Zone. Which would Sonic be more likely to hang out in when Eggman comes to attack? Which offers the most freedom? That's what I think

I would say that they use places like the Green Hill Zone or Seaside hill is that

1: They are early, better recognised zones. As someone whos unable to get far through the first two Sonic games (Second and third zones respective to the games are my record) I wouldn't be able to recognise many zones further ahead. And I'm sure I'm not the only one and they know this. So better to keep the zones recognisable

2: Think about it. Which is more open to possibilities of things to happen. The open, peaceful looking Green Hill Zone or a more complicated place such as the Chemical Plant Zone. Which would Sonic be more likely to hang out in when Eggman comes to attack? Which offers the most freedom? That's what I think

That's not an excuse to keep reusing over use zone wouldn't emerald coast or another green zone

Well... I don't really care how the story starts as much as I care where the story ENDS. I want to see lots of action, making the characters look cool and not stupid and or awkward (unless there's a joke or something..) and I want to see the normally in the background characters in action.

Here's hoping that world unite ends better than world collide

Here's hoping that world unite ends better than world collide

Well, I doubt they will erase the whole Sonic universe AGAIN... so at least there is that? lol

Well, I doubt they will erase the whole Sonic universe AGAIN... so at least there is that? lol

I'm hoping to see some lingering effect on each side. Maybe in a future Mega Man arc, people will be more reliant on robots due to the fusion of the two worlds, while Sonic and Co. will be even more determined to fix their world. I think Sonic Universe is gonna have a blast after this, with non-crossover characters (e.g. Breezie, Eclipse) commenting on these events. How will everyone on each world feel after witnessing two worlds being fused together by a crazy-powerful robot, and possibly learning of multiple other worlds that exist? It's these potential reactions that are what I'm looking forward to the most. Though the crossover itself should be fun.

I'm hoping to see some lingering effect on each side. Maybe in a future Mega Man arc, people will be more reliant on robots due to the fusion of the two worlds, while Sonic and Co. will be even more determined to fix their world. I think Sonic Universe is gonna have a blast after this, with non-crossover characters (e.g. Breezie, Eclipse) commenting on these events. How will everyone on each world feel after witnessing two worlds being fused together by a crazy-powerful robot, and possibly learning of multiple other worlds that exist? It's these potential reactions that are what I'm looking forward to the most. Though the crossover itself should be fun.

Maybe this will explain the whole robot expiration date thing introduce in Mega Man 9 at least that's what I'm hoping because I can't just believe the government need to put expiration dates on robot's because they ate a piece of cheese which told them to put expiration dates on robot's.

No because now the Pender topic is gone and everything seems fine. I also think that in the Mega Man Universe there will be no changes. Exept maybe that they know now that they've been in a crossover.

Edited by Centaur Man

This is archie and sega we're talking about right.

Edited by Blue Comet

That's funny when you think about it. As usual, the new Free Comic Day special was supposed to be a reprint, including Xander Payne's story and a new Sonic story from Super Special Magazine 14. But since the latest was delayed, the Sonic story ended up being an exclusive free story.  :D

Edited by Chapmic

This is archie and sega we're talking about right.

Buuuutttt, SEGA has gott a huge influence in the comics. Don't doubt it, because - Come on Ian Flynn had started with some game adaptions earlier (StH 200-230) but he didn't and since the crossover and the Genesis Wave there are now some game-adaptions (or the comics are based on game-situations). So I think SEGA and Archie have the comics in an good control and working together more and more. And also now with the new universe they're building a whole new thing and to interrupt it again would me (and I think other readers too) feel really unconfortable. I would probably stop reading the Sonic Comics, because it's getting a bit "Marvel-Style" with ...3 or more universes or re-storys...

I don't think they would risk everything by creating yet ANOTHER new world for the characters erasing everything AGAIN. I mean I understand why they had to do it before. It's not that they wanted to but they were forced to. But I think this will create some connections with the other worlds maybe....

But I think this will create some connections with the other worlds maybe....

I want to see her again! She was a badass!

5apv05B.png

Mecha Sally...? uh.. I doubt that will happen... Sure she was badass but.. I don't think she will be roboticized again. Then again nothing is 100 % sure at times like this so... I just personally hope Sally will stay normal. I mean she's got cool new weapons so why not?

Mecha Sally...? uh.. I doubt that will happen... Sure she was badass but.. I don't think she will be roboticized again. Then again nothing is 100 % sure at times like this so... I just personally hope Sally will stay normal. I mean she's got cool new weapons so why not?

Yeah nah, was just a joke. I don't think that in global something will happen like the Genesis Wave. In the Mega Man and in the Sonic World. 

Well I mean it could happen but you know.. It happened in the old world and all that.. I just hope they wouldn't lose their memories at least not all of them this time too.. It's kind of frustrating when that happens and then BOOM something new happens again etc. (also.. see what I did there? xD Boom?)

Buuuutttt, SEGA has gott a huge influence in the comics. Don't doubt it, because - Come on Ian Flynn had started with some game adaptions earlier (StH 200-230) but he didn't and since the crossover and the Genesis Wave there are now some game-adaptions (or the comics are based on game-situations). So I think SEGA and Archie have the comics in an good control and working together more and more. And also now with the new universe they're building a whole new thing and to interrupt it again would me (and I think other readers too) feel really unconfortable. I would probably stop reading the Sonic Comics, because it's getting a bit "Marvel-Style" with ...3 or more universes or re-storys...

I always though the games should be more like the comics that's what we "EX-Archie Fans" used to say since they had better idea's then Sega who just through a dart at a board and be like that's in the next game example being Sonic 06, Secret Rings, etc.

Is Sega really that bad? Since to me it seems at least now they started working with them more (since story is going like in the games all mixed together sort of) And well really I just really like the way the comics were and how they are now too. Sure there are lot of changes and all but they had no choice but to "erase" the other world. And well for a backup plan I think the comics turned out just fine (thought that's only my opinion) But they could have done much worse too. (Just think of the whole series based around Sonic 06... Let that sink in for a while xD)