NegaMetallix

Sonic & Mega Man: WORLDS UNITE?!

500 posts in this topic

I also get the feeling that world unite will be a commercial failure.

Kinda agree on that. I have a baaad feeling because Worlds Collide was amazing and to make a new top-crossover....phew. I don't know but Ian Flynn has to do something really awesome and I don't think that Worlds Unite isn't even the end. Flynn mentioned an ongoing series about Mega Man X Sonic the Hedgehog.

I have faith that it will turn out pretty good, if not amazing. I'm still really curious on how this is all going to work though..

I agree with HyperMetal50.

Worlds collide was a great success, so I have no doubt that Worlds Unite will do the same.

I'm really looking forward to it since I want to know what's going to happen to both of their Worlds.. How it affects everyone... And if we meet any new characters. That'd be great. And well I don't think it's going to be bad or anything. I actually think it will be good. (at least the Worlds Collide was a success so why not this one too?)

It seems there will be some random portals, because... well, look by yourself. (FCBD "preview")

ujDunkh273M.jpgrhrhGQfZeiQ.jpgflXDnpiCl80.jpg

A wild Ifrit appears! Yeah, it's Ifrit from Sonic Rivals 2.

Edited by Red TF

Wait, so if Ifrit is A-OK to use, then does this mean Sega's finally loosened the leash on Nega?

Wow.. that's... kind of cool actually..

It seems there will be some random portals, because... well, look by yourself. (FCBD "preview")

A wild Ifrit appears! Yeah, it's Ifrit from Sonic Rivals 2.

*Throws a Pokeball* Can we keep it?

PLEASE let Nega be in the comics... PLEASE let Nega be in the comics... o_o That would be so cool!! Finally all the unleashed potential of Dr.Nega would be used!! Also we would see some cool looking robots and such. Not that Eggman doesn't have them already but I'd really want to see his works too.

PLEASE let Nega be in the comics... PLEASE let Nega be in the comics... o_o That would be so cool!! Finally all the unleashed potential of Dr.Nega would be used!! Also we would see some cool looking robots and such. Not that Eggman doesn't have them already but I'd really want to see his works too.

Metal Sonic Vs. Metal Sonic 3.0 from Nega. Naice!

tumblr_inline_mz9tcgfcyY1rj8l6n.gif

Very nice o_o and awesome...

Well, well... what do we have here? Some covers for Sonic Universe Issue #76, AKA Part 1 of this crossover?

10959759_775320292544873_244218137428982 10978507_775320125878223_759881924643325

No solicitation yet, but... Axl from X7 onwards, AND the Deadly Six?! On the MAIN cover?! And the variant has Quake Woman AND Sally! Whoo!

So... when Worlds Unite officially starts, do you guys think it would be easier if we just post all the covers, solicits and issue thoughts in the Worlds Unite thread, and save these ones (STH, Boom, Universe and MM) for the non-crossover issues? I just think it will save time for those who'll be reading the crossover when it begins.

Edited by NegaMetallix

No solicitation yet, but...

Axl AND the Deadly Six?! On what looks to be the MAIN cover?! And the variant has Quake Woman AND Sally! Whoo!

Please NO! Not Quake Woman!

What's so bad about Quake Woman?? I think she's very good character and I want to see what she can do and what will she become (please more personality)

(please more personality)

This is my critic point on Quake Woman. I think we had that discussion earlier but Quake Woman is in my eyes a mary sue-character. She had a terrible past with "only" loosing her personality, she doesn't seem to have any weaknesses, she doesn't feel anything (even she has her personality-chip!) and in the summary she is a character, who can do anything, is sweet, always nice and forgive everyone. Perfect character, perfect life, perfect world. I don't say that she will ruin the whole story but in my opinion I would be fine, if she would be not in this crossover.

Btw Crossover. Isn't Boom in Worlds Unite? I don't see a Boom character in the Covers...

Btw Crossover. Isn't Boom in Worlds Unite? I don't see a Boom character in the Covers...

It is but they aren't in the cover. Whether this means they won't be in this particular issue or not is not for certain

This is my critic point on Quake Woman. I think we had that discussion earlier but Quake Woman is in my eyes a mary sue-character. She had a terrible past with "only" loosing her personality, she doesn't seem to have any weaknesses, she doesn't feel anything (even she has her personality-chip!) and in the summary she is a character, who can do anything, is sweet, always nice and forgive everyone. Perfect character, perfect life, perfect world. I don't say that she will ruin the whole story but in my opinion I would be fine, if she would be not in this crossover.

Erm, that seems a little unfair.  On the point about weaknesses, she hasn't been in a fight yet, and lacks ranged attacks so in a combat situation she's potentially weak.  There's no reason to assume she doesn't have a weakness because she hasn't been in a situation where it's relevant.

And the doesn't feel anything seems to be more so she can grow and learn to be more 'human' (see also Nicole over in the Sonic verse)  It's not probibly permanent. (So be happy Shinomi!)

And I have to say I don't see where 'can do anything' is coming from.

Please note, I'm not saying you have to like her, I just think you're being to harsh.

OT: *groan* Deadly Six?  Even MORE complications in this story?  This is seeming less like a comic event and more a 'throw everything into a blender!'

Skye.. Of course I'll be happy if an awesome character becomes even more awesome!! and I can't wait till she gets to fight some robots! (hopefully badniks and not Wily's robots because.. that'd be cruel.. I mean they're sort of like humans..)

Erm, that seems a little unfair.  On the point about weaknesses, she hasn't been in a fight yet, and lacks ranged attacks so in a combat situation she's potentially weak.  There's no reason to assume she doesn't have a weakness because she hasn't been in a situation where it's relevant.

And the doesn't feel anything seems to be more so she can grow and learn to be more 'human' (see also Nicole over in the Sonic verse)  It's not probibly permanent. (So be happy Shinomi!)

Hasn't been in a fight? Depends on your definition of a fight and in my eyes on Spiritus Ex Machina-Saga there was a fight against the Emerald Spears and I don't talk about her weaknesses in battle. I also think of personallity weaknesses. I hope it will change, I'd never say that my opinion is complete and I don't see only black and white, but she will be my last fav. character if she is not changing in her personality or have a struggle with herself like we see it on Proto Man now. Look on the other Robot Masters. They have a change in their story and in their personality and even minor characters like Quick Man (as we seen in MM30 and MM41) and I kinda have a bad feeling that she will not change and will always be the Mary Sue character. Hope I could clear up my opinion a little bit so there are no missunderstandings.

Okay, just so I don't end up cluttering the other topics with Worlds Unite stuff, I'll only be posting my thoughts on the previews and actual issues over here. With that said, here are the solicitations for Parts 1-3 of Worlds Unite, starting with Sonic Universe #76...

THE SONIC/MEGA MAN CROSSOVER EVENT BEGINS HERE! It's the epic first chapter of the biggest story in Sonic/Mega Man comic book history with "Worlds Unite" Part One! Get ready for cross-world treachery as the wicked Sigma escapes the world of Mega Man X and arrives in Dr. Eggman’s secret Lost Hex base! When Sigma promises new power to the Deadly Six, how long do you think they’ll stay loyal to Dr. Eggman? We’re not betting for long! And just where exactly are our heroes during all this? Looks like Sonic and Mega Man are right in the middle of an ambush! The sense-shattering sequel to “Worlds Collide” starts right now! Featuring cover art from the legendary Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, Rafa Knight, and part 1 of the epic 12-part connecting variant cover series by artist Ben Bates!

...then going on to Sonic Boom #8 (with covers too)...

Sonic_Boom_-8.jpgSonic_Boom_-8_%28variant%29.jpg

It slices! It dices! It joins line-wide crossover events: it's SONIC BOOM! "Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Unite" Part Two: It was just another day at the races—y’know, the ones with the giant spider-mechs? Things start to get weird, even for the lovable, paranoid Sticks, when X and the Maverick Hunters arrived! Meanwhile, the epic bromance of the century is rekindled as the captured Drs. Eggman and Wily are forced to turn their life-long nemeses—Sonic and Mega Man—into minions for the terrifying Sigma! After the history-making "WORLDS COLLIDE" crossover event, Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man unite once more—and this time Sonic Boom and Mega Man X are joining the fray! Featuring cover art from the legendary Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, a special "happy fun time crossover" variant by Ryan Jampole and part 2 of the epic 12-part connecting variant cover series by artist Ben Bates!

...and continuing into Sonic The Hedgehog #273! (Also with covers!)

Sonic_The_Hedgehog_-273.jpgSonic_The_Hedgehog_-273_%28variant%29.jp

The ALL-NEW Sonic/Mega Man Crossover sequel explodes onto the shelves with "Worlds Unite" Part Three: It’s a cascade of cross-dimensional chaos! On Sonic’s World, the Freedom Fighters are battling with the terrifying arsenal of M’egga Man! On Mega Man’s World, the Robot Masters can’t keep up with the super speedy Sonic Man! Who can possibly save our heroes? The answer is sure to surprise you! After the history-making "WORLDS COLLIDE" crossover event, Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man unite once more—and this time Sonic Boom and Mega Man X are joining the fray! Featuring cover art from the legendary Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, villain variant by T.Rex and part 3 of the epic 12-part connecting variant cover series by artist Ben Bates!

Hoo boy, where to begin! Okay, let's start with Part 1:

So, Sigma's gonna somehow end up on the Lost Hex where, presumably, Eggman has already met and 

befriended is controlling the Deadly Six. Actually... this does make sense. Remember, we saw those preview pages of what is most likely the 'Genesis Portal' story where the Ifrit pops up out of nowhere, so I don't think it's too far-fetched to believe that another Genesis Portal could open up between the Lost Hex and Earth 21XX. Of course, with Sigma involved, of course HE'S gonna be the one pulling the strings. Will the Deadly Six try to betray Sigma later on? Possibly, but the real question would be if their mecha-mind-control could even work on a super-advanced Reploid/Virus.

Right, now onto Part 2:

It sounds like this is when the Boom crew step in, and it looks like they'll be the ones working with the Maverick Hunters for now. Yeah, I kinda saw that one coming. But hey, at least Wily and Eggman are re-united... sorta... and they're under Sigma's command. Well, at least they finally get to deal with their nemeses. Honestly, even though I (or likely anybody) didn't really think Sonic and Mega Man would get roboticized/corrupted (again)... I feel like I should have. I mean, think about it. The heroes of the last crossover have now become the villains (well, temporarily, of course.) So now, we have to rely on the new heroes to stop them. It's almost typical for a sequel.

And finally for this post, Part 3:

So now we have official confirmation that the Freedom Fighters are in this crossover. YES! Anyway, I guess I should talk a little bit more about Sonic Man and... M'egga Man? Really? Okay, pun-name aside, I like the designs of each, with Sonic Man's 'W' symbol and M'egga Man's Egg Pawn-like helmet and Egg Boss-like markings standing out. Though it looks like Sonic Man might be a bit more advanced than the original Roboticized Masters, since he appears to have a mouth still. This could probably be due to:

1) Eggman's Roboticizer being either more advanced or still a prototype in the new world. Remember when Axel (not that one) mentioned it back in STH #252?

2) Both doctors are being ordered by Sigma, so perhaps his knowledge in advanced robotics i.e. Reploids plays a part in both heroes alterations.

I just hope the Robot Masters (Dr. Light's ones, specifically) have a much bigger role in this one... especially Fire Man! So, who wants to bet that Sonic Man will face Boom Sonic, while M'egga Man is confronted by X, in Part 4? It might be the other way round, but I have my reasons to think otherwise.

Phew, that's more than enough for now. I'm just gonna... go and lay down for a bit...

Sonic and Mega Man OVERLOAD! o.o

This whole story sounds crazy... but I think I'll enjoy the ride. ;D

I'm no fan of the Deadly Six... but you can't get worse then their story in the actual game so I'm sure it will work out better here.. 

Sonic and Mega Man OVERLOAD! o.o

This whole story sounds crazy... but I think I'll enjoy the ride. ;D

I'm no fan of the Deadly Six... but you can't get worse then their story in the actual game so I'm sure it will work out better here.. 

I know the story sounds crazy.. But I'm pretty sure they'll make it Crazy in an awesome way! :D Cause you know.. That's what they've always been doing DUH! xD

SWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET MOTHER OF COVERS!! O_O

SWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET MOTHER OF COVERS!! O_O

I think that is an "ongoing-poster" that for every comic you will get a part of this poster. And I want that poster for my flat :C