Shadow

Sonic Boom (The game)

216 posts in this topic

Yeah. That's kind of a pain really. But predictable I guess

Lazers are awesomeness. Everyone ought to have one

If they started handing out lasers with the WiiU I bet sales would rise! :P

My guess with Lyric is that he is one of your Eggman 'Masterplans' that decides to go rogue.

Yeah. Then I would buy one ;)

Ah! Yeah, that would make sense. He looks like a cool villain all the same so I can't wait

(*Sigh* He doesn't learn, does he?)

Of course he doesn't learn. If he ever gets a new theme song, that needs to be referenced in the lyrics!

According to the official statement from SEGA's blog, "Lyric is a giant and monstrous snake-like creature from an ancient race. An extremely tech-savvy mastermind who uses a sophisticated robotic body of armor to carry out his own nefarious deeds, he is a formidable enemy and a force to be reckoned with. [...] The goal is to prevent Lyric from powering his army of robots and carrying out his plan to destroy the world." Also, in the 3DS version, Sticks is playable instead of Amy because she's been kidnapped by Lyric. All of this (and the fact that Eggman isn't even mentioned ONCE in the entire statement) leads me to believe that Eggman will only play a minor role in this game. I think it's also been said that he's actually inspired by Lyric's actions in the games, leading to Eggman becoming the main villain in the show.

Amy's been captured...

*Silently cheers*

Anyway... I guess some things don't change. I mean Sonic CD, she was captured. Several years later and she's capture again. By a snake this time. Granted he's a cyborg thingy here... But I'm still excited to see Sticks playable. It will be interesting. And Lyric seems interesting too but I suspect after this he will be... Dead. And then the Eggman will come and take over for the show.

Man, I hope Eggman has SOME role in the game. I'll be disappointed if he doesnt

Maybe he'll start off helping the heroes, only to be making plots behind the scenes?

Well that's a blow, I thought it was good to have a competent, sane Amy again and now she isn't playable in the 3DS version. Ah well. Lyric sounds like he could be an interesting character, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Some of the pre-E3 footage shows that Eggman is a boss in the game. Whether-or-not he's an early-game boss I don't know (though the fight did look pretty easy), but it does mean that he'll have some kind of role in the games. But again, judging from the blog statement, it looks like he might only be the secondary antagonist at best.

14121829847_3198995472.jpg Robosnakey!

He looks awesome! I hope he is not an easy dude to handle for the 5 characters.

When is the E3? Now in this week, right?

So....Lyric......(breaks into uncontrollable fit of laughter)

That's the villain? Some steam-punk reboot of Lord Hood? For real?

First, what kind of name is Lyric? Is he a poet? Is boss fight going to be musical? Second, his design is so bland, He doesn't look like Big Bad, he looks like secondary villain. Or one-time boss. Or simple minion that you beat up in dozens.He doesn't even look like Mobian! And third they couldn't over-hype him more? Most vile and formidable villain in Sonic history? An extremely tech-savvy mastermind? What next, he's Eggman' idol?

OK, OK, I'm being unfair. What was his plan again? Destroy the world with army of robots? (start laughing again)

BTW Why are snakes always the bad guys? Accursed typecasting!

I won't say anything about this "lyric" until i see what his plan is... and his REAL role...

So....Lyric......(breaks into uncontrollable fit of laughter)

That's the villain? Some steam-punk reboot of Lord Hood? For real?

First, what kind of name is Lyric? Is he a poet? Is boss fight going to be musical?

For some reason I always seem to accidentally call him Relic. I mean, the names are rather similar, but maybe it also shows how... unthreatening the name 'Lyric' is.

Second, his design is so bland, He doesn't look like Big Bad, he looks like secondary villain. Or one-time boss. Or simple minion that you beat up in dozens. He doesn't even look like Mobian!

Well, this isn't exactly Mobius now, is it? In all seriousness, though, I doubt that he'll survive the end of the games. If he does, then he'll likely be a secondary villain.

And third they couldn't over-hype him more? Most vile and formidable villain in Sonic history? An extremely tech-savvy mastermind? What next, he's Eggman's idol?

OK, OK, I'm being unfair. What was his plan again? Destroy the world with army of robots? (start laughing again)

BTW Why are snakes always the bad guys? Accursed typecasting!

It's pretty much the same thing they did with the Deadly Six. Sure, they did some very evil and dark things story-wise, but boss-wise? Yeah, not so 'Deadly'. And Lyric being Eggman's idol is... actually a possibility in this game. I mean, poor old Eggy seems to only be playing second fiddle to Lyric in the games, though I suspect it's to give Eggman a bit more freedom in the show. For now, I'm gonna stay cautiously optimistic until I pick up the 3DS version when it's released. Then I'll judge the game.

For some reason I always seem to accidentally call him Relic. I mean, the names are rather similar, but maybe it also shows how... unthreatening the name 'Lyric' is.

You know you doing something wrong when blue nerdy rodent with cute little glasses has more threatening name that your big super scary villain.

Other thoughts about the game:

-Who was that weird brown robot in that one cutscene? Was that Orbot?

-Sea Fox will be in game. And here I thought they would only take the famous parts and everything else will be new.

-I honestly do not understand why Sticks simply isn't Marine.

-Something tells me Knuckles cant glide anymore.

-I sure hope that Amy is not going to be one of these obnoxious bland "Girl Power" characters.

-Everybody redesigns are growing on me, even Knuckles's.

-Something tells me Knuckles cant glide anymore.

You know, I think he might actually have kept his gliding. During one of the gameplay videos I thought I saw him do a short glide (it was during one of the fighting segments with Sonic being used).

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about this game though. What we've gotten so far looks pretty interesting, but we'll just have to see! The redesigns are slowly growing on me, but I still am having some trouble getting over Knuckles's. Even if we do have a justification for it now.

I agree. Unless he ate the master emerald that is. If he did, THEN I'll believe he can glide still

Given the Emeralds are unlikely to appear, I think that's a safe assumption as to what happened to them!

Theory #1 : Rouge must have stolen all of the emeralds and the master emerald.

Theory #2 : Sonic and Knuckles must have eaten all of the emeralds to grow. legs for sonic. body for knux.

New trailer came out for both versions.

There may be a Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction-like story involved, be warned.

I never got to play a Ratchet and Clank game but Jak and Daxter games were just very good. I think SBoom might become better than SLWorld, Even with robosnakey.

Well... this is interesting. Seems like there's a name change on the Japanese side of Sonic Boom. It's now named

Sonic Toon!

Sonic Toon, Sonic Toon, Sonic Toon (Trouble keeps you running faster)

Sonic Toon, Sonic Toon, Sonic Toon (Save the planet from disaster)

Sonic Toon, Sonic Toon, Sonic Toon (Spinning through a world in motion)

Sonic Toon, Sonic Toon, Sonic Toon

It... doesn't quite have that same effect does it? I know it's probably not the theme tune but one can hope, right?

Right now it's only the Japanese side. I'm really hoping they stick with Sonic Boom everywhere else

SEGA Sonic Blog posted this for Sonic's 23th Birthday. I thought it was cute and fitting for this thread...

I love Amy's new shoes but I have seen a video at Comic-Con I think it was called about Amy getting kidnapped and her female character is being somewhat temperately replaced by the new character Sticks. She seems really cool in my opinion.