Shadow

Sonic Boom (The game)

216 posts in this topic

Metal Sonic IS appearing! We know that much

But there no chance he will be on sonic's side....Unless Eggman becomes smart just like in dark brotherhood. Metal Sonic just might become controlled by that....what was his name?

Robosnakey...

Robosnakey is Lyric. And I don't think Metal Sonic will be with Lyric

(Robosnakey was the name I gave to him :P)

(I know that)

I don't really care if he comes in the game since I'm not going to get my hands on the game even if i wanted to. He isn't anywhere in the cartoon. They better give him a good voice.

Anyway are Orbot and Cubot in it too?

I think I heard that Orbot and Cubot would be in. But I'm not sure...

Chaos Crystals huh? Gotta have that plot device! But seriously, the characters look pretty fun. I really can't wait to see how all this comes together.

Time travel was a pain in Sonic CD. Hopefully time travel here will be interesting. Chaos Crystals? 9 of them? Does that mean that there are 9 Worlds? Or just 9 of them scattered in the game. Metal Sonic....Still nothing about him. Eggy will be probably be the way he was in Dark Brotherhood. (I loved it's ending!)

I really need to play Sonic Chronicles... I bought it the day it came out and still haven't played it much.

Ok, personally I like the new designs. The tape wrappings around the characters arms and legs look pretty cool in comparison to the gloves and socks in the video games. Knuckles' size really doesn't bother me at all, I do hate the fact that Sonic's arms are blue instead of skin colored; but most of the time I hardly notice. The gameplay looks really interesting, and I'm glad that they're using the actors from the video games, because we don't want a repeat of Sonic X where all the actors are replaced and the new ones sound awful by comparison. My only real issue with this is that I hope it's not going to replace the main series, because I like my Sonic games and I want to see Sonic (from the video games) continue to grow, so if this series causes the mainstream video games to cease being produced I'm going to be P*ssed.

Boxart ahoy!

SB_Rise_of_Lyric_NA_Box_Art.jpg

REALEASING IN NORTH AMERICA ON NOVEMBER 18.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

SB_Shattered_Crystal_NA_Box_Art.jpg

RELEASING IN NORTH AMERICA ON NOVEMBER 11.

Okay, I am gonna buy this game!

What the—!? Don't look at me like that! I don't think it's a bad game, and well, the E3 demo was Sonic Boom in its pre-alpha stage, so look at what's happening to it!

Look. It is very foolish to judge an entire game (that hasn't even released yet) by a few levels.

Besides...pop quiz! What experience on video gaming do Big Red Button Entertainment employees have?

Edited by BlueBlur62391

The guys behind Big Red Button are one of the main reasons I'm excited about the Wii U one. Oh and I plan on buying both of them. I own just about every Sonic game so that's not going to change!

And don't worry, they already said this was not going to replace the main series of Sonic.

Yes, the guys behind 'Boom Wii-U' are former Naughty Dog employees. Yes, they worked on the 'Jak' and classic 'Crash' series, and it shows.

However, despite all these things that should make someone like me excited for this game... no offence to the guys at BRB, but it's not working for me. I won't deny that there have been some wonderful scenery and backgrounds shown so far, but personally I think the gameplay just looks so dull and repetitive. For example:

Main/Adventure Stages - Get to the next checkpoint via some platforming and/or puzzles (...occasionally), then beat up the wave of enemies. Rinse and repeat. Many people have compared this to the Werehog's gameplay in Unleashed, and I can see the resemblance... except that I think Unleashed handled it better (quality-wise, not necessarily quantity-wise). In that game, you could perform many different combos and play around with them to see which ones you enjoyed. In 'Boom', however, it seems like they've stripped it down to basic 'mash-the-button' attacks. Not only that, but I would've thought that, at the very least, Sonic would move around faster than the others, but that doesn't seem to be the case from all the footage I've seen. And honestly, that just doesn't seem right.

Speed Stages - Have any of you ever played 'Sonic Dash'? If you have, then it looks like you've got an idea on how 'Boom's speed stages seem to play. On-rails, quick-steppin', high-speed tracks. And if this is where all the 'speedy' moments of the game'll happen, then colour me unimpressed. It's one of the reasons I didn't enjoy Sonic Colours. Not much else to say on these ones.

Since I don't believe they've shown the hub-world gameplay yet, I can't and won't judge that. However, that's not gonna stop me from saying that I'm whole-heartedly not impressed in what I've seen so far. Sure, people shouldn't always judge the game fully before even a public demo is released, but people are allowed to have early impressions on the game. And honestly, if the game previews don't make a good first impression, then it's unlikely that you'll be super-excited for it when it's released.

That's just my opinion, though. On the bright side, the 3DS version is still interesting me, along with the show and comic.

...and honestly, if the game previews don't make a good first impression, then it's unlikely that you'll be super-excited for it when it's released.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean it'll fail.

Remember Skylanders? The original Final Fantasy? The DS? People thought they would suck, but...

I sincerely do not see Julie-Su at all in Perci,but at the same time I kinda hope it's an echidna so we can see Penders over reacting to SEGA making echidna characters again.

Boxart ahoy!

SB_Rise_of_Lyric_NA_Box_Art.jpg

REALEASING IN NORTH AMERICA ON NOVEMBER 18.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

SB_Shattered_Crystal_NA_Box_Art.jpg

RELEASING IN NORTH AMERICA ON NOVEMBER 11.

Okay, I am gonna buy this game!

What the—!? Don't look at me like that! I don't think it's a bad game, and well, the E3 demo was Sonic Boom in its pre-alpha stage, so look at what's happening to it!

Look. It is very foolish to judge an entire game (that hasn't even released yet) by a few levels.

Besides...pop quiz! What experience on video gaming do Big Red Button Entertainment employees have?

All the people that make up Big Red Button are Ex-Naughty dog employees,part of a company that has "never made a bad game".That doesn't mean individually they can't make bad games though.I'll hope for the best for Boom and honestly the Box Art looks really nice and fresh.Been awhile since I've seen a Sonic game cover that wasn't just Sonic.Also I kinda want somebody to photoshop that floating-esk Amy into a picture of her about to hit one of those "test your strength" games at carnivals.

highstriker.jpg

I think I heard that Orbot and Cubot would be in. But I'm not sure...

If you look at the new "Sonic Boom: Behind the Scenes of the T.V Animation" video at around the 1:33 mark if you look at the far right you can see a picture of orbot on the wall wearing with a hat of some sorts

[media=]

Edited by Cinescense

Woo! We got the covers! And they're looking goooooooooooood! Very excited (even if I won't be playing it. At least for now)

I sincerely do not see Julie-Su at all in Perci,but at the same time I kinda hope it's an echidna so we can see Penders over reacting to SEGA making echidna characters again.

Looking at her design, it doesn't look like she will be an Echidna. Note the tail and the hair. The nose perhaps too

If you look at the new "Sonic Boom: Behind the Scenes of the T.V Animation" video at around the 1:33 mark if you look at the far right you can see a picture of orbot on the wall wearing with a hat of some sorts

Ah! Thanks for that. I was pretty certain I saw mention of Orbot or Cubot being in but I wasn't quite sure

Remember Skylanders? The original Final Fantasy? The DS? People thought they would suck, but...

People STILL think Skylanders sucked. I've seen a lot of hate for that series. Especially from Spyro fans

True, it could surprise a lot of us, even those who don't currently like it, and I'll be incredibly happy if it does. But right now, I don't really have a reason to feel that happiness. I'm not sure about how the initial DS reactions went, nor have I played or been interested into playing Skylanders (especially since they seemed to just shove Spyro in there for no reason), but I do know that FF1 was made as a last resort by Squaresoft. Then again, looking at what the franchise has done recently...

I'm actually surprised BigRedButton listened to our criticisms,well at least enough to where you can see changes were made.This gives me hope that It'll at least be enjoyable...but at the same time "shorter"?That stage was already short as it was so it bugs me that it's even shorter now...guess I gotta wait till I see gameplay footage from Comic-con first I guess.

Lucky you. Is it that good?? That robot doesn't seem anything special.

Lucky you. Is it that good?? That robot doesn't seem anything special.

I think they managed the level of the bosses, it was really hard to took the robot down!

Here are some images I made. Here is also (I think) a video of the Comic Con level from Sonic Boom.

ls8hgvk5.jpg

9cvvyqun.jpg

chb42en7.jpg

5qe4mtcp.jpg

xt5ctpm4.jpg

eyumokbw.jpg

vybuy9rv.jpg

The mission was to take the ring or the relique with Sonic and Amy and with the robot buddy, but when I took the ring the boss was appearing. First he was chasing me so there was a running stage and then I had to fight him. I like Sonics new attacks. With this lighning-thing he can pull tiny enermies and break them with the spin dash. In the fight Amy was helping you so it was a little bit like Sonic Heroes, but you couldn't control her, because she was fighting it automaticly.

With the many immages I have to make a doublepost - I hope it is okay ;o;

Number Two:

iyrwmwpp.jpg

7fblbouu.jpg

23lc668h.jpg

ufufdm28.jpg

4dg3rdsq.jpg

Thanks for all the pictures! I really can't wait to play it.

So how are the controls?

Oh dang you got a lot of pictures mate,good job.The colors really pop more I notice

Holy crap-- The pics of this game-- is epic, oh my god-

I can't wait to play it! X3

SUPERSONIC SPOILER:

14911015962_b4987d705a_o.jpg

GAMESCOM TRAILER:

Edited by BlueBlur62391

Actually, MS and Shadow has appeared in Sonic Boom-

Here's a proof-

THAT'S JUST AWESOME-

And they could put Silver in Sonic Boom too! i hope that-

Edited by Sonic The Hedgehog