Shadow

Sonic Boom (The game)

216 posts in this topic

I wish I could get them but I don't have either console

I'll probably get the 3DS version if it gets a good response. After Lost World I'm.not going to preorder it.

I want to get both, but I want to wait on picking them up. I have too many games on pre-order right now as it is and I need to watch my budget.

Whelp, I've taken the plunge and pre-ordered both versions (And Smash Bros at the same time!). Hopefully I'll get a chance to pay a bit of both of them and let you know my first impressions.

I see Bugs. Bugs everywhere.

m6RQOV.gif

What is wrong with you SEGA....

That looks fun. Well done SEGA

*Slow clap*

That... does look like the earlier build for the game though.... I could be very wrong.

Yust look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtvH7Rix-KI

1. Stages! Oh you have to be really good in gameplay, to handle this - seriously SEGA? You're not even trying to make good stages which are hard enough. You got no ring problems, the stages in the tempel look like the same. Only the Amy-parts are maybe hard because on the tiny plattforms, but that's it.

2. Then look at this in minute 2:17 those plattforms. It is so complete indifferent on which plattform you step.

3. Then Shadow. Serioulsy. Okay the boss-fight maybe he is hard to beat when you play alone, but with co-op he seems to be pretty easy. If fact he just steps in and says: Sonic, fight me! No backgroundstory why he is in this dimention or what relationship has he with Lyric or the team.

SEGA you...no...just...I might be done with you. Boom could be better. In fact the TV show is really good and the comics but the main part, the game, it is just nothing new and there are bugs everywhere.

SEGA you...no...just...I might be done with you. Boom could be better. In fact the TV show is really good and the comics but the main part, the game, it is just nothing new and there are bugs everywhere.

Er.... Isn't the main part the TV show, and the game is a spin off from that? And it wasn't developed by SEGA.

No I said that the game might be the main thing in the Boom universe. Anyway, the Wii U version - No I am not buying this one. The 3DS versions is better.

So apparently Sonic Boom is out in North America today. Anyone actually got it yet?

I've watched a let's play. I will not buy this game in a full price. Sorry Sonic

3. Then Shadow. Serioulsy. Okay the boss-fight maybe he is hard to beat when you play alone, but with co-op he seems to be pretty easy. If fact he just steps in and says: Sonic, fight me! No backgroundstory why he is in this dimention or what relationship has he with Lyric or the team.

Saw part of a screenshot of the Prologue comic for the 3DS version, that showed Lyric talking to Shadow. Now, that was the 3DS not the Wii U, but it sounds like he does have a backstory. I just hope they haven't cheated and put his story only in the one game.

I got both of them yesterday, and played the Wii U one pretty much all day. I played the first level of the 3ds one, but it was just the same as the demo, so I'll get to that game. I already knew I liked that one from the demo...

As for Rise of Lyric... it's actually pretty good! It might not be a great Sonic game, but it's like the first Jak and Daxter with Sonic characters and speed sections. I mean, this makes sense since it's made by some ex-naughty dog employees...The game is all about exploring and collecting. The story is unfolding pretty slow, but I have a feeling it will all come together in the end, including what is up with Shadow haha

The combat isn't too bad either, in my opinion. I feel like Sonic fights similar to how he would in the comics, not just homing attacking stuff to death like the usual sonic games but kicking combos into spin dashes, ground pounds, and homing attacks. My only complaint with the combat is you have like no invincibility when hit... so 3 shots from a laser in a row take rings for each hit...but doesn't really matter since you have no lives, you just respawn right away, even in the middle of boss fights. So this makes the game really easy... And I guess I should explain, your rings act as a life bar. So 100 rings is like 100 hp, and hits usually take about 20 rings/hp at a time. And of course collecting rings you drop when hit, or more rings fills your life back up. This also makes your rings cap at 100(Or more if you upgrade it), but total rings collected unlock bonus content like pictures, music, and such.

There is also a lot more to the game, and maybe even more then I know, since I've only made it to the next big world hub. I tend to explore EVERYTHING, so it really slows me down lol

Oh and if you guys have any questions, ask away!

That... is actually sounding pretty fun. and HOORAY THEY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY GOT RID OF THE LIVES SYSTEM! WOO! Ahem, sorry. Though I am a little surprised respawning is so easy. I'd have thought they'd have kept the checkpoint system at least.

Let us know how it goes, but as few spoilers as possible for the poor us who don't get it for a while... 9 days to go... 9 days to go...

Lucky you!

So...How is Metal Sonic in it? Put things in spoilers if you want since I'm not going to get the game for a long time.

Yeah, I'll just try to keep it to mechanics at the most. I wouldn't spoil it for people! There are still checkpoints, but I guess they are more for the exploring and speed sections, not during big combat sections.

And for NMS and Metal Sonic Spoilers...

Metal Sonic only appeared at the beginning so far. Eggman sic's him on you during a speed section while both of them are blowing up parts of the road. You get to this temple door, and fight some robots off. Everyone is debating whether to go in or not... and more and more robots surround you. Everyone prepares to fight, but MORE and MORE robots come, along with Metal Sonic landing in the middle of them all. Sonic opens the door and they all run in and close the door right before Metal reaches them. This was actually the part that Shadow was overlooking from the cliff too. I'm sure I'll see more of Metal, but that's it so far. I'll let you know if you'd like lol

Oh and that's the VERY beginning of the game. You can probably see it on youtube if you'd like easily.

Edited by Device

I take it you haven't run into any major glitches in the game yet, Device? I've seen a LOT of those appear recently.

About Metal:

I really loved the face expression of Eggman, when Metal was "betraying" him with Lyrics power. Look at this xD

dz84xdbm.png

I take it you haven't run into any major glitches in the game yet, Device? I've seen a LOT of those appear recently.

I forgot to mention those! I've only had two glitches so far from playing almost all day yesterday.

First one, a spring got Sonic stuck in some sort of lightpost thing. I tried to wiggle out, but all I could do was spin Sonic in circles... Luckily, you can save and exit from the pause menu at anytime, so that's what I ended up doing.

Second one was a full FSOD(Frozen Screen of Death from my PSO days) complete with buzzing sound! I was playing some CO-OP with my girlfriend and we zip-lined into a new room. Upon landing the screen just froze. I had to completely restart the Wii U and start from my last check point, which wasn't too far off. Apparently a cut scene was suppose to trigger at that point, and it was fine on the next try.

Other then that I noticed some slowdowns here and there, I think mainly from game loading in the background. Also CO-OP seems to cause that more often which makes sense. You usually only have one long load screen at the start of any major area.

I think people are making more of a big deal out of all the glitches then they should be... you are bound to have them, and they can always patch the game if there ends up being some really nasty ones.

I think people are making more of a big deal out of all the glitches then they should be... you are bound to have them, and they can always patch the game if there ends up being some really nasty ones.

This does sound likely. There is a lot of unjustified hate for Sonic games after all, and it's popular to bash them

Too right Skye. Ever since 2005 when Shadow the Hedgehog was released, gaming sites have been negative Nancy's about Sonic games. Sure, there have been some popular titles of recent, but while Mario games are always somehow spot on not matter what, there's always some complaint stored specially for Sonic.

The trouble was the progression. The Sonic Adventure stories and design rubbed some people the wrong way, Sonic Heroes had niggles, and Shadow was trying too hard to be 'mature'. Then 06 happened.

After that what was needed to beat the critics was a back to basics Sonic game. Essentially, something like Generations. Instead, we got Unleashed, which IS a good game don't get me wrong, but it was WAAAAAYYY to easy to lambast at first sight.