Shadow

Sonic Boom (The game)

216 posts in this topic

I love Amy's new shoes but I have seen a video at Comic-Con I think it was called about Amy getting kidnapped and her female character is being somewhat temperately replaced by the new character Sticks. She seems really cool in my opinion.

That is happening in the 3DS version for the whole game. In the Wii U version she is playable as normal.

That is happening in the 3DS version for the whole game. In the Wii U version she is playable as normal.

Have they truly confirmed this? I wonder if Amy will be unlockable in the 3DS version and Sticks in the Wii U one. They did say they would have some sort of link up feature between the games I believe. Maybe that will be part of it?

No. They say Sticks will be playable for the first time on the 3DS version.

Source

And while it doesn't specifically say Amy won't be playable, it does say that Sticks is taking her place so it seems unlikely Amy will be playable. At least for the main story. Plus, if you see this picture (which to me appears to be the final boss), Amy is still captured along with the others (except of course, Sonic)

Sonicvslyric.png

I know it doesn't prove anything but they are heavily implying Amy isn't playable in the 3DS

And while it doesn't specifically say Amy won't be playable, it does say that Sticks is taking her place so it seems unlikely Amy will be playable. At least for the main story. Plus, if you see this picture (which to me appears to be the final boss), Amy is still captured along with the others (except of course, Sonic)

Sonicvslyric.png

I know it doesn't prove anything but they are heavily implying Amy isn't playable in the 3DS

Hmm... I personally get less of a 'final boss' vibe, and more of a 'opening cutscene/sequence' vibe, since the other characters have to be unlocked throughout the game. I agree that Amy seems to be relegated to a simple 'story, no gameplay' role, but who knows? They might pull a 'Sonic Advance 2' move on us, or they might not.

Actually, that's a good point. I never thought about it being an opening scene. And actually I think I would prefer it to be that way

In truth, I suspect Amy will be unlockable. But probably the last to be unlocked. I guess we'll just have to see (waiting is EVIL!)

In truth, I suspect Amy will be unlockable. But probably the last to be unlocked. I guess we'll just have to see (waiting is EVIL!)

Sooo...you have only play Sonic the Hedgehog in the game? :/

I wanted to play Amy with her Piko Piko Hammer, but well I have to wait for the Wii U version.

Sooo...you have only play Sonic the Hedgehog in the game? :/

I wanted to play Amy with her Piko Piko Hammer, but well I have to wait for the Wii U version.

Sonic, Tails, Knux and Sticks are playable in the 3DS version.

What Skye said, yes. Whether they have to be unlocked or are playable from the beginning is questionable. And whether Amy will be unlockable too is also up for debate

What Skye said, yes. Whether they have to be unlocked or are playable from the beginning is questionable. And whether Amy will be unlockable too is also up for debate

Actually, it's been confirmed that in the 3DS game, you start off with only Sonic being playable. You'll unlock Tails, Knuckles and Sticks once you rescue them later on.

<_<

I really need to keep up with this stuff. Sounds interesting though

Honestly, SEGA is not afraid of DLC so anything could happen! Just look at the DLC for Sonic Lost World..

Honestly, SEGA is not afraid of DLC so anything could happen! Just look at the DLC for Sonic Lost World..

So they'll certainly make dlc with mario as playable sonic-replacing character

Not that! Please! Luigi is not meant to look so terrifying!

Actually I think that looks kinda neat!

:blink:

But Luigi! He is scary like that! I don't want him to be scary!

Too late. Remember his death stares?

Terrifying? ...Odd, yes but Terrifying? ...Nonononono.....This is just him being buff. Nothing more, nothing less. He still has those gentle eyes on him that ensures he wouldn't hurt a fly.

THIS, is Terrifying:

Weegee.png

Honestly, It'd be interesting to see that as DLC though.

Luigi... Why hath though become so EVIL!

But I'm getting a tiny bit off topic here so... Yeah! Sonic Boom!

Hmm...I do kind of like them. The two hippo pirates look silly, Mayor Fink looks like a potential jerk, Doc Ginger looks like something out of Hanna-Barbara, and Perci..............................................

...Is.......Is that Julie-Su? *Compares Pictures*

14526811807_5fe7cdb789.jpgJullie-su-1.jpg

Oh good lord, it is! QUICK, HIDE HER BEFORE THE PENDERSMAN SUES AND TAKES HER AWAY!

Hmm...I do kind of like them. The two hippo pirates look silly, Mayor Fink looks like a potential jerk, Doc Ginger looks like something out of Hanna-Barbara, and Perci..............................................

...Is.......Is that Julie-Su? *Compares Pictures*

14526811807_5fe7cdb789.jpgJullie-su-1.jpg

Oh good lord, it is! QUICK, HIDE HER BEFORE THE PENDERSMAN SUES AND TAKES HER AWAY!

Perci reminds me more of Blaze with her hair down

Right! Let's start...

The Old Tucker: Happy go lucky farmer? I must say, the artwork doesn't exactly reflect that... I think I need more info before I can say much

Hayward: He sounds like someone who wants to be a rival to Sonic. I'm suspecting there will be a race...

Salty and Pepper: Salty sounds like a bit of a jerk compared to his brother. Still, I will be interested to see them both. Perhaps Pepper will ask Sonic to retrieve the compass?

Q-N-C: The guide in the game... cool. Just as long as he isn't as annoying as Omochao

Hokey and Pokey: Hmm... I'm not sure what to say about these two but they do sound fun

Perci: O_O Yep. It looks very much like Julie-Su with a bit of Blaze thrown in. And maybe some Amy. Not sure. Um... (Pleasedon'tsuethemPendersman!)

Foreman Fred: I suspect this one is going to get into trouble or will ask for help

Doc Ginger: Come to think of it, I suspect all of them will ask for something... Anyway. sounds intersting. Can't wait to see

Cliff: Sounds like the most respectable one here. I'm interested to see him too

Chef Woody: Sounds like someone who will be a jerk. But who knows. I guess we'll see (Hmm... maybe he'll make the best chilli dogs for Sonic)

Fastidious Beaver: Pretty sure this one will need rescuing but won't be thanking the team for it

Mayor Fink: "Now now, Sonic. All this talk of an ancient villain being back is just nonsense. I will not tolerate you scaring my village with such talk". That's how I picture him. And again, he sounds like a jerk. I'm the most confident about this one being a jerk than the rest

Also... I don't think anyone has mentioned this but, while we don't have Chaos emeralds... we DO have...

Chaos CRYSTALS! And 9 of them too instead of 7! Plus time travel!

See?

Time travel was a pain in Sonic CD. Hopefully time travel here will be interesting. Chaos Crystals? 9 of them? Does that mean that there are 9 Worlds? Or just 9 of them scattered in the game. Metal Sonic....Still nothing about him. Eggy will be probably be the way he was in Dark Brotherhood. (I loved it's ending!)