Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

That explain a lot of things. Way too much for me. Also, where the HECK DO THEY KEEP FINDING THESE SHIRT?I WANT ONE TOO!!!

You should get to the link, they even got an interview of penders.

Could someone please summary it for me? Cause I dont understand a thing.

What I got from the interview was that:

1) As I expected, the 'new universe' won't be a complete reboot of the comic series.

2) Most, if not all characters are getting redesigns to look like the Sonic game characters.

3) It sounds like the comic-exclusive characters will be 're-introduced', but I could be wrong about that.

4) The story arcs will be shorter, so that they don't get dragged on as long as the 'Mecha Sally' arc did/does.

Redesigned ...... Lien-da? Ok, I just can't see how they are going to redress her in a less striperific way, But well.....

What I got from the interview was that:

1) As I expected, the 'new universe' won't be a complete reboot of the comic series.

2) Most, if not all characters are getting redesigns to look like the Sonic game characters.

3) It sounds like the comic-exclusive characters will be 're-introduced', but I could be wrong about that.

4) The story arcs will be shorter, so that they don't get dragged on as long as the 'Mecha Sally' arc did/does.

So far I like the sound of all this. I'm glad they're shortening the arcs as well, I think it's going to be rather refreshing to see that again after so long. And the comic characters might be "re-introduced?" Sounds interesting, but could this also count for Penders characters as well?

I'm not really liking the sound of it to be honest. Though I'm confused at the "Most, if not all characters are getting redesigns to look like the Sonic game characters." Implying that the didn't before. All that seems to have been done is that they removed the fur on the side of their mouths which doesnt really change anything so i don't really see the point but it's no biggie. You know I'm actually pretty exited. Those new covers look nuts XD

Time will tell if the new character designs work out.

And Penders lost his mustache over that fact.

The only thing that can come out of it , is that now, there is a proof that peoples who works in the comic books industry can get back their characters . Either it's a good thing or not.....

1 person likes this

So far I like the sound of all this. I'm glad they're shortening the arcs as well, I think it's going to be rather refreshing to see that again after so long. And the comic characters might be "re-introduced?" Sounds interesting, but could this also count for Penders characters as well?

I'm not sure, but I think I remember Penders saying in a recent interview that Archie can use his characters. Then again, I might have to re-check that. As for the shorter arcs, I agree that it'll be a nice change of pace, especially if each issue will "pack more punch" than before, as Ian said.

I'm not really liking the sound of it to be honest. Though I'm confused at the "Most, if not all characters are getting redesigns to look like the Sonic game characters." Implying that the didn't before. All that seems to have been done is that they removed the fur on the side of their mouths which doesnt really change anything so i don't really see the point but it's no biggie. You know I'm actually pretty exited. Those new covers look nuts XD

To me, it sounds like all characters without gloves will wear gloves (as shown with Sally and Nicole), non-human Male characters will probably become shirtless (as shown with Antoine, not sure if it'll affect Scourge), things like that. I'm okay with it, as long as the characters' personalities aren't radically changed.

Badass Rotor will save us all. And yes, Penders said Archie could . So you see, He is not much of a twat. He just wanted his characters back to write his own alternate universe story.

Now all he needs to do now, Is to find someone who actually can draw. Because his saying "I know a bunch of professionnal that think my work is pretty solid" isn't worth a banana, when a neutral man try to see said work for ll it's worth.

He just wanted his characters back to write his own alternate universe story.

That sounds a little selfish to me. But, what do I know about it?

Well, I should Remind that he still had to create them in the first time. So it's normal he'd like to be able to do something with them again... See this as... an "emotionnal attachment"

There is a poll on TSSZ asking the browser(person on the Internet) if the Penders case outcome should have SEGA end the comic by ending their lisencing deal with Archie Comics. Only one person has said "yes", and I am the only one who said "no".

You all can vote. Even you know this, I'll tell the users who don't that there is no registration required for ANY POLL.

You know something I don't get. Why are the female sonic characters never shown naked or at least not anymore. I mean there's nothing there for ANY of them male or female. I honestly don't get that

Well, they just want the characters to have Sega/Sonic Team-esque designs, probably to get them in the video game series. (If Sally gets her chance, I don't think there would be a way to keep her as a princess, since that would be kind of awkward in the games continuity)

Darn the climax to world collide was awesome XD

I haven't got the comic yet, but I'm thinking of getting the comic physically on Sunday, so I'll try to stay away from any spoiler sources until then, even though I'm very eager to see what happens in the finale.

Well, the comic is now up for you guys to read. I just did.

Oh, and for all of you who hasn't read it yet, or those who did I guess as well. ....Here's a little gift for you.... A Final Battle Theme! ^_^ Courtesy of Theme Song Finding Extraordinaire, me. XD

The final battle of the blue heroes between the mad doctors was pretty great.

That's probably going down as one of my favourite issues. Seeing Super Sonic again was, well super and the climax was just perfectly well done. Now, all we have to do is wait to see the aftermath of this crossover.