The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

(Ooc:It's your story, But I think That Skye is going to be out of the game. That or tower is going to have a new plush to had to his collection.)

The guard was still wary but called it in. "Get Rouge or Shadow over here. There's been an explosion nearby." A few minutes later Rouge came running along with Hope. "He's with us! He's not responsible. Skye are you ok? Where's Shadow?"

"I-I'm f-fine thanks Auntie Rouge, a-and s-so is Shadow. H-he's still inside. We u-used y-your forcefield Hope to c-contain the e-explosion."

(ooc: actually it's not my story. But I'll have a ponder to what the girls are up to and put it in my next post.)

(ooc: Yeah, I just can't wait to see Melody's reaction ^^ Shall we expect cute or comedy?)

"Oh thank goodness. I'm gonna kill him when I see him." said a slightly tearful Rouge. "Corporal, get a cutting team to the lab and get that door open." The guard nodded and ran down the hallway.

"Well I knew it'd come in handy but I never thought like this." said Hope as Rouge led them back to the lab doorway.

"Right now you're both witnesses to espionage so we need your help. Can you remember anything about the bomb Skye? And Hope, did you notice anyone suspicious or new going in or out of the lab recently?"

"If I w-were y-you Hope, I'd k-keep a forcef-field in t-there from n-now on. Huh? The b-bomb. It w-was one o-of the m-most advanced detonators I-I've ever s-seen. I d-doubt it was a-actually meant f-for a normal bomb. And it h-had a GUN l-logo on it. Erm, one o-other thing, b-but it might not b-be linked. My m-magic wasn't working properly. Does G-GUN have a m-magic distorting f-field or s-something?"

------------------

Melody's nose twitched slightly as she caught the sent of breakfast. Eyes still shut, she tried to rise from the bed, but something held here down. Very, very slowly, Melody's eyes opened and the world around he slowly came into focus. She gave a start as she saw what was weighing her down. An arm. She let out a little shriek.

"What the..... MOM?"

------------------------------

By the sound of thing, the arguments outside had ceased. Ziona headed back into the main room, and smiled when it appeared she was alone. Grabbing a book and a towel, she started heading for the beach to catch some rays.

Eventually , Glen and Crowley got to the Penthouse bar, which , while not in the roof, was at the second to last level."Well, they really stopped at no expense to make this place the best hotel around, don't you think?" Said Glen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red flinched a bit at the shriek, but she slowly came back to her sense. She was in melody's Bedroom...."Hum, Melody...What's going on? Why the shriek? have you slept well at least?"

"We have no such technology. I didn't even know that existed. And a GUN logo? Good thing the base is locked down. If the saboteur hadn't left by the time the bomb blew, they're still in the building." At that moment the team had cut through the door. Rouge rushed in and threw her arms around Shadow. "Can't you go one day without nearly getting yourself killed?" she asked.

"I'll give it a shot first thing tomorrow. Now let's head to the security room. We might see our culprit on tape." he replied. As he walked out towards the security room, Hope gave him a hug.

"I'm glad you're OK Shadow. And thanks for saving my lab."

"Yes it is rather nice Glen. Certainly a picturesque view." said Crowley.

"Well, I-I don't know i-if they exist e-either, but t-they may do. But if t-that's not the c-case, I wonder w-what went w-wrong?"

-------------------

"I, uh, sorry Mom. Yeah, I slept well. Just... I thought someone was trying to grab me."

"Well we'll find out once we see the footage." When they reached the security room and played the footage from outside the lab, they saw no unusual activity. The footage from inside the lab was equally unhelpful, as all the science staff, including Hope, had worked on the device. That was until Hope noticed an unfamiliar scientist. "I've never seen that woman before in my life." she said. A quick check revealed she had just joined, though her file seemed too good to be true. "Find her and bring her to the interrogation room. And be careful, we don't know if she really is with us, or an enemy agent, so she might be armed." ordered Shadow.

"You bet, now let's see if their coffee is as nice as the view." Said Glen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, I didn't want to scare you. I was just so tired I ended up sleeping with you. I though sharing a bed with your mother would help you bounding with me a bit more. But if I scared you..."

Skye was back of the room, trying to cast a spell. "I d-don't get it. I can f-feel the magic t-there, I j-just c-can't shape it. L-like I'm casting t-the spell w-wrong or something." He looked up.

"Is t-there anything I can do t-to help?"

-------------------

"No, you didn't scare me. It was just... unexpected, that's all."

"If you could try to solve this magic problem that might help us nartow things down." said Shadow. "Only a few people would know how to block it. Or even know they needed to."

"This coffee's pretty nice. Certainly the best I've had in a while." said Crowley.

"Yeah. now that"s the way to take a breakfast."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I see. Maybe I over reacted that night. that's probably why I took you in my arms. I just didn't want to let you go, like all these people...."

"I-I see w-what I can d-do. Hmmm, a w-way to detect a-a magical b-b;ock without b-being able t-to u-use magic..."

------------------------------

Melody to Red by the hand. "No Mom. You didn't over-react. I did. It was just something that'd never happened to me before."

The guards soon returned. "We can't find her. She must be in hiding." Shadow went back to the security feed and did a search. "Last place she was spotted was level 27. I'm going to head down there and apprehend her." said Shadow as he went to climb down a maintenance shaft next to the elevator outside.

"What? it never happenned to you before? Haven't anyone gave you mark of affection from time to time?Not even your old mother?"

----------------------------------------------------

"Anyways... While I do enjoy this, I wonder if they also have other form of divertissement. we aren't jusst going to stay there drinking coffee and watching all these girls right?"

(Ooc: I was thinking of a funny story for Gleen and Crowley. Glen basically find his alternate around, and hilarity ensue. Especially since the Prime Glen has a girlfriend, and is quite famous. Not sure in which domain.... maybe it could lead to another plot where the group ends up having free tickets for one of mina's concert?)

"Hope, c-can I b-borrow your l-lab? I might b-be able to rig u-up some kind of s-scanner for d-detecting magic. And i-if that n-needs GUN approval, t-they can h-ave it when I-I'm done."

-----------------------------

"Well, yeah, Mother would give me a hug from time to time. Though, that was more when I was younger and had done well in training."

"Sure thing Skye. Come right in." replied Hope.

"I'm sure there's something to do here. Though I'm still perplexed as to how people can sit around ogling each other. A most peculiar past-time." said Crowley.

(ooc: so , do i keep on with this idea of mine, or do i throw it away?)

"Bikini and nice legs often do that to people Crowleyy. When not at war, people gets to love each other."

-------------------------------------

"Well, no no no; A mother as to be closer of her daughter. This is something I learned from my own mother. I will teach you to be independant, But also to be there for the people you care about. That and lots and lots of hug. Deal?"

"T-thanks," Skye replied, and on the way explained his idea. "T-the only way t-to properly b-block magic is to u-use powerful m-magic yourself. Y-you could use C-chaos, Anarchy or similar e-energies as well, but y-you need a l-lot or a powerful m-mage could find a -way round t-the b-block. Though, I-I'm just an a-amateur. B-but either way, if t-there is a m-magic b-blocking field, that means t-they'll be a s-strong concentration o-of energy n-nearby, so...."

-----------------------------------

Melody grinned then hugged Red. "Deal!"

(ooc: I'd say go for it. Meant to say so last time, sorry.)

"I see. This is getting worse by the minute." said Hope.

(OOC May as well do it Locke).

"Well, t-that's one o-option. W-we find that e-energy spike b-by rigging u-up a scanner and t-then find s-some way t-to shut it d-down or d-disenchant it. T-the other is t-that I might h-have been c-cursed, w-which is why m-my magic i-isn't working. T-trouble is, I'd need another m-magic user t-to find out!"

"I think the scanner is the only viable option. We have no magic users to test if you're cursed."

"I k-know. But at l-least the scanner will e-eliminate one option." Skye grabbed a sheet of paper and began scribbling a rough outline.