The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

The only thing visible of Skye outside the machine where his twin tails poking out the open hatch.

"Okay, adding t-the l-last of t-the resister circuits OW!" Skye cursed under his breath as a screwdriver fell from his grasp. "T-there was p-power in that c-circuit. But w-we disconnected e-everything... unless..." Skye pulled himself further into the machine, to be greeted by a small box attached to the workings of the machine. A small light on it was blinking, slowing getting faster.

"O-oh @%&"!" exclaimed Skye, grateful that Red wasn't around to hear. "Get H-Hope out o-of here," called Skye. "There's a-a bomb h-here. I'm g-gonna try t-to disarm it, o-or use magic t-to contain it i-if I c-can't."

"A BOMB?" yelled Shadow as he quickly pulled Hope out of the lab before shutting the door, leaving only him and Skye inside. "Are you sure you know what you're doing Skye?" he asked matter-of-factly.

"Don't think like that. Right now, she is sleeping . beside , after all this time , you don't have to speak to understand her."

"I know e-exactly w-what I'm d-doing," replied Skye in a similar tone despite the stutter. Inside he was carefully prising the box open. "T-the question is w-whether I'll h-have enough time t-to d-disarm.... Huh, n-not a s-simple blue/red w-wire device. T-this i-is advanced s-stuff and the t-timer's almost out. T-time for plan B."

Skye was silent for a few moments, then gave a panicked cry.

"MY MAGIC I-ISN'T W-WORKING!"

(ooc: Oh boy. Who is in for some good ol' fried Fox ?)

Shadow grabbed Skye and ran back to the door, which was locked shut. "What the hell? The door's sealed shut, we can't get out this way." He tried the intercom to get through to the others, but it wasn't working either. "It's obvious whoever did this wanted the lab destroyed." Shadow then glanced up at a vent above and pulled it off. "Think you can fit in there?" he asked.

(ooc; Don't get the rolls out just yet Locke.)

"Uh.. I-it'll be a-a tight squeeze, b-but yeah. Wait, Hope's f-forcefield. W-we could u-use t-that!"

(ooc: Someone's clearly out to get GUN. Or Shadow, himself. The question is, who...?)

"You're right!" Shadow hurriedly grabbed the control device and activated the fire shield around the bomb. "If this goes according to plan not only should we be fine, but the lab should be saved as well. Though that still doesn't solve the mystery of who did this."

"Anyway Crowley , you light be a loner . But don't forget that: Red will be there for you, no matter what . Shesaid it herself ; You are her only family left." said Glen."Now Cheer up and let's see if can get some nice sight around, I think the bar is open. While we can't get alcohol right now, some free coffe and nice girls in bikini should be fine too, do'nt you think?"

"Ok, You want it to be between two real men , or should we get Zionna and Locke first?"

"W-we can worry a-about t-that after i-it blows up. S-should I still g-get into the v-vent?"

"Best to be safe." Shadow then gave Skye a boost up into the vent.

"I'd imagine Ziona would like some peace, so let's go by ourselves." said Crowley.

"T-thanks Shadow. Y-you better g-get somewhere s-safe as well." Skye started squeezing through the vents, cursing as he went.

"C-can't I h-have just one u-uneventful day? J-just one?"

"You get used to it." replied Shadow as he walked behind a large cabinet. There wasn't any place to take cover, so he just hoped the bomb wouldn't go off.

Inside the vent, Skye struggled to to get his arm on front of his face to check his watch. "Okay, t-the bomb should g-go off in 3... 2... 1..."

It was quite the spectacle, seeing the explosion being contained by the fire shield. As soon as it was over Shadow hit the button to turn it off. He then stuck his head into the vent. "Skye. It worked. See if you can crawl into the lobby to tell the others what happened. I'll have a look for any evidence of who did this."

"I'll t-try. I'm a little s-stuck right now. But Uncle Shadow, I s-saw a GUN l-logo on that bomb!"

"Ok Crowley. LEt me just get them to know we are gone for a while." Glen then prceeded to write some word on a piece of paper, that he then Stacked on the table."There, that should do it.Now let's go.By the way, I wonder how skye and Shadow are doing. I bet they must have the time of their lives discussing about scientifics fact all day loong..."

"A GUN logo? Must have been an inside job. Which makes it even more important we tell the others what happened." Shadow then pulled out a communicator and hit a button on it, sending the base into lockdown.

"I imagine that's not exactly Shadow's field of expertise Glen. More likely that Hope girl's."

Skye reached the edge of the vent and popped out. "Auntie R-rouge? Hope? Are y-you here?" He looked around and instead came face to face with an armed guard.

"Um, H-hi t-there!" Skye nervously waved.

(ooc: Skye is probably going to be the prime suspect here. :wacko: He's the only one who saw the bomb, was playing around with likely classified tech, and his background isn't going to help! )

The guard aimed his rifle at Skye. "Get out from there! Control, I've caught an intruder climbing through the vents."

"Oh, Let's just hope he doesn't Blow up a bomb or something." And The two of them ten proceeded to move."

(Ooc: since or adorable fox is now in custody, Do we get to see what's happening with zionna? I bet she is not just changing clothe."

"I'm n-not an i-intruder. I c-came with Shadow a-and Rouge. T-they'll vouch f-for me. W-we just t-tried to stop a-an explosion!" Skye tried to explain as he struggled to extract himself from the vents. Finally he succeeded, only to crash to the ground.

(ooc: I dunno. give me a chance to think. Maybe I should wake up Melody too?)