Shadow

Sonic Universe (Comic Series)

686 posts in this topic

I think that Phage is my favorite villain right now (besides Breezie) And that mask is awesome! Kitsune mask~ ^_^

The more stories about the Knothole Freedom Fighters, the better for me. The last volume was pretty good. I like Arche's Big the Cat even more now.

Big is cool :D Although he doesn't seem to have any unusual powers.. (except strength but I've seen few characters like that) He still does his part. He's so cute xD

The greatest quality of Big in Archie comic is his simplicity. Unlike his total goofy counterpart in the games, Big works really well as a good natured guy, as opposed to those corruptable citizen of New Metropolis (Seeing them cheering for a serial killer-wizard to be a king and to drive away to sore city-protectinng AI is grating on my nerve.) The guy answers Sally that Nicole is a good person and that's all he cares, unknowingly ease her worry and bring a smile to this reader's face.

I recently read "Pirate Plunder Panic". Blaze and Marine are really cool. Looks like a lot of things post genesis wave are really enjoyable.

I was just wondering... How come Sonic's dog Muttski turned into a Mobian but Froggy stayed as an ordinary frog? (Of course we don't count in the part that he eats Chaos Emeralds) xD I mean think about it. Froggy. As a Mobian frog. Could even possibly be Distant relative to Flying Frog.. (IF we see him ever again that is... Probably not...)

Because Froggy has never been portrayed as anything other than a frog.  He doesn't talk at all.  The only this special about him was he seems attached to Big, and the whole being possessed by Chaos.

Whereas Muttski was shown to be intelligent and able to talk (at least in his own language).  In essences, they wanted to make the gap between Mobian and Animal much clearer than before, so we are unlikely to see any animal Mobians.  And if the Wolf Pack returns, they'll look closer to Mobian Standard than humanoid wolves.

In Universe, probibly all those creatures that were intelligent enough were evolved up when the g-wave hit.

Yeah that's probably the case... but although it will never happen just think about it for a while! :D And whenever Froggy would eat a Chaos Emerald he'd turn into Super Froggy or so! How cool would that be?? And I wonder if we will see Dulcy? Or was she one of the characters we will not see anymore?

Dulcy will eventually come back. She is a SATAM character.

Edited by Seviper

Muttski was cute when he was just a dog but now he just look creepy.

What?? Muttski looks adorable as Mobian! D:

Yeah, I agree. I like how Muttski looks

Oh and in reference to Froggy, Archie wouldn't be able to change Froggy into a Mobian anyway because he is a SEGA game character and I really doubt SEGA would allow Froggy to be made full Mobian. Muttski however was just a SATam character and isn't directly owned by SEGA as such

Oh right... That explains.. Yeah I did know about Froggy though... I just though It would be cool..

What?? Muttski looks adorable as Mobian! D:

Not to me he look like he rob a train and now he's on the run.

Meh.. He looks like Basic genius. He's got a lot of unused potential waiting to be released.

As pointed out, there are new comics. But because we can't really talk about the covers for the other series' on the Megaman topic, I'll post them here for you guys

Sonic_Universe_-77.jpgSonic_Universe_-77_%28variant%29.jpgSonic_Universe_-77_%28variant_2%29.jpg

The next exciting chapter in the SONIC/MEGA MAN "WORLDS UNITE" crossover event starts here! "Worlds Unite" Part Five: The worlds of Sonic and Mega Man have been joined together by Sigma, and it’s going to take a full-on army of unified heroes to make it right! Actually—scratch that—it’s going to take some heroes AND some villains! When the mysterious and malicious Xander Payne inexplicably arrives with Drs. Eggman and Wily in tow, our heroes get new insight into Sigma’s plans! Featuring cover art from the legendary Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante and variant cover art from CLAUS-Justin Harder (Thor: the Dark World, SNL) and part 5 of the epic 12-part connecting variant cover series by artist Ben Bates!

I'm looking at the second variant and my immediate reaction is "who on earth are these people?"

(Thank you to Centaur man for pointing out the new covers)

Axl in the background! F*ckin LOVE this guy! The Hype train is real!

Who's Axl? The guy in the blue outfit on the last cover?

Who's Axl? The guy in the blue outfit on the last cover?

This guy is Axl.

WHC7g9b.png

He had some apperances in the Variant Covers of Worlds Unite but didn't came out in the regular Mega Man Comics. He is a guy from Mega Man X who appeared in Mega Man X7. A mix with Bass and Quick Man if you ask me (see more here).

Oooh okay. I've seen him before but I just didn't remember his name sorry for that ^_^

Another great arc come to a close spark of light was a good origin story for Nicole the one thing was surprise me was a chaos emerald was causing mass production of red star rings in the lake of rings so how bout that I like in one of the pages sally and Nicole played a knuckles chatiox on us but the most shocking thing was they gave Nicole a super form with all that being said can Nicole finally appear in the game Sega come on.

Also the off panel in this issue was really fun.

tumblr_nlt1vzoPI91unuwgfo1_500.png

1 person likes this

My thoughts:

Overclocked Nicole's color scheme was similar to Burning Blaze but I still gasped when it happened.

We get to Big's gnarly fishing skills! Even though Big and Tails didn't get that much screen time in this issue.

Sally and Nicole's friendship was really showed in this issue and it say "this is our arc!"

I'm glad they didn't kill off Phage. She is one of the best new reality villains and I want to see her again.

Now then I wonder...Did Dr.Elidy create the Sling/Tether Rings? If so then he must encountered the Chaotix and Knuckles at one point. He is in the whole ring technology after all. I'm probably over thinking this. But I loved it so there.

My thoughts:

Overclocked Nicole's color scheme was similar to Burning Blaze but I still gasped when it happened.

We get to Big's gnarly fishing skills! Even though Big and Tails didn't get that much screen time in this issue.

Sally and Nicole's friendship was really showed in this issue and it say "this is our arc!"

I'm glad they didn't kill off Phage. She is one of the best new reality villains and I want to see her again.

Now then I wonder...Did Dr.Elidy create the Sling/Tether Rings? If so then he must encountered the Chaotix and Knuckles at one point. He is in the whole ring technology after all. I'm probably over thinking this. But I loved it so there.

I'd say something else about the Comic if I could but Sevy already said it all o_o Though I still want to see when Dr.Elidy makes a comeback :D

I'd say that issue was pretty solid. I love Overclocked Nicole's design and would be totally lying if I didn't say I audibly gasped upon seeing it. 

I definitely was not expecting that. 

I love Overclocked Nicole's design and would be totally lying if I didn't say I audibly gasped upon seeing it. 

I squeed a bit, does that count?

But yeah, I loved that arc.  My favourite of the reboot so far, but then Nicole is probibly my favourite non-two-tailed-fox character, so that's hardly surprising!

I do want to know more about Phage though.  Why does she wear that mask?  She's not known to the Freedom Fighters, yet she says that she failed Eggman before.  And I really wanted to see the hinted at plot of taking Nicole's place.

Chubby Nicole :). That bit made my day.

Regarding her design, I like her post genesis design better than her old clothes. They look mush more comfortable and cool. Still, my favorite outfit for her is the one with the casual clothes and a hat (back when she disguised into Mina's concert).

Still doing my homework and didn't get to read the lastest Spark of Life 4/4 yet. Maybe later.

Edited by arekpowalan