Shadow

Sonic Universe (Comic Series)

686 posts in this topic

She had cyborg eyes in the comic's too.  After her first appearance.  And she gave a reason for it as well.  Wonder if it'll be the same.

Though I prefered the pre-reboot cyber look.

i didn't even know she was half robot or cyborg. oh well, i really do hope flynn uses her or has plans to use her. part of the reason i was so taken back by her begin in the comics in the 1st place (again) is because i thought she would be a no-no because insert the reason here. but thank god, ninja's are awesome and i see her as an underrated character.

She wasn't really, but working for Eggnan neabs she needed to be legionised so she opted for her eyes. Sge mentions it in the Egg Scrambled arc

She wasn't really, but working for Eggnan neabs she needed to be legionised so she opted for her eyes. Sge mentions it in the Egg Scrambled arc

sighs i really got to get around to reading the old sonic comics...

Yeah... you probably ought to or some of the references will end up lost on you ;)

Yeah... you probably ought to or some of the references will end up lost on

procrastination gets the better of me dylan

I know that feeling all too well Teamrandom!  But you shouldn't portionate over fun comics! ;-p 

true, and i could use some of the idea's or info for my fan fic, or a reminder of what i want the sonic universe to be like.

Does anyone have an idea on what ever became of the Sonic Underground Finale
that was SUPPOSE to appear in Sonic Universe #50?

I heard the issue was suppose to wrap-up the unfinished animated series.
but, for reasons unknown, It was nixed, and replaced with a Metal Sonic vs. Shard storyline.

It was changed... no idea why. I don't think they'll do it

Which as a shame because I liked Sonic Underground

I heard it was still coming after the reboot... but guess not.

I heard it was still coming after the reboot... but guess not.

speaking of shard i really want him to come back. screw sega's policy on only one metal sonic, shard was the bomb and i want him to be a connector or connection from the new world to pre-genesis world.

Flynn did say he had plans for Shard post-reboot.  But that was a while ago...

Flynn did say he had plans for Shard post-reboot.  But that was a while ago...

well i hope they do happen, cause i'm sorry but sega's only one metal sonic rule stinks and is stupid.

With.... perhaps misplaced optimism, it might happen soon.

After all... Crystal Sonic.  And Shard had that power crystal...so... maybe!

With.... perhaps misplaced optimism, it might happen soon.

After all... Crystal Sonic.  And Shard had that power crystal...so... maybe!

true. that and i liked the battle between shard and metal sonic. it was like a wrestling dream match up. good metal sonic vs. evil metal sonic.

It's actually the only comic I have in it's actual comic form.  The others I have are all the graphic novel collections.

Looking at Crystal Sonic myself, I'm all but certain that it's just Metal Sonic being 'crystallised' by Naugus, much like what he did with Titan Metal Sonic pre-reboot.

As for Shard, the difficulty of bringing him back is due to a couple of reasons:

1) His former identity. Seeing as he was the original Metal Sonic (despite being called Mecha Sonic back then) it means that Sega’s 'one Metal only' rule comes into play. That's why, when Shard fought Metal in Issue 50, he was renamed as 'the Mecha Sonic' again.

2) His Power Gem. Since power gems were created solely for the comic before Flynn's era, they had to go anyway. And since the gem was a key factor of Shard's personality, it once again causes some issues for a revival.

So yeah, it's a difficult issue. I like to imagine that there can/will be a way around these problems, but Shard returning doesn't have to be a priority for the time being. (Besides, I know a much better candidate for a potential New Shard...)

It is obvious that Crystal Sonic was just a crystallized Metal.  I was thinking that when 'de-crystalised' or destroyed, a small Shard (sorry) of him would be life behind, and used.... somehow..

It was changed... no idea why. I don't think they'll do it

Which as a shame because I liked Sonic Underground

Dylan I am sad to tell you this but. Yes you are correct. Ian Flynn told me himself that it looks like that will never happen. He also said though that Lost Hedgehog tales will include his plans for that arc.

Oh yay! Then I still get to see something!

i'm not the biggest fan of sonic underground but i would like to see something like that happen.

So look like Sonic Underground will never have a proper ending unless the show is revival back not many fans are going to ask to get that show back and if they do it won't be anymore than the fans who want Sonic SatAM.

So look like Sonic Underground will never have a proper ending unless the show is revival back not many fans are going to ask to get that show back and if they do it won't be anymore than the fans who want Sonic SatAM.

sonic Satam should get anther show again but more based off the archie comics. i'm sorry but sega ignoring the archie characters kind of ticks me off, and if they want to start lessoning to the fans they better take this into consideration.

sonic Satam should get anther show again but more based off the archie comics. i'm sorry but sega ignoring the archie characters kind of ticks me off, and if they want to start lessoning to the fans they better take this into consideration.

The creator of Satam wanted to continue the series into Season 3 he tried for years to get an approval from Sega or whoever to get permission to do a Season 3. However he died before his dream even came true along with him, all hope of Satam's revival.

I think Sonic Generations was the last time Sega actually listen or care about Fans opinions because I seen people all over the internet asking Sega to make the games like the comics. This only happen one time and that was Sonic Spinball and that game was release back in 1993. Years later the comics are like the games minus the bad writing and stories from the modern games. 

Hmm... who is the Twelfth egg boss? i don't know why they are keeping it for the last issue, we were already surprise to see returning favorites like Conquering storm and the grand whats his name from the battle bird armada (i forgot his name) plus we got to see some new ones as well. so the twelfth one must be a very big deal to keep it a secret like that. though part of me hopes that my theory of it being silver,gold or the professor is correct, i dunno why but i felt that the silver age story was..well a little rushed and that they might do what they did with the shadow and knuckles arcs by doing tie-in for both. anyways i'm looking forward to reading the eggman arc.

Edited by silverwarrior