Shadow

Sonic Universe (Comic Series)

686 posts in this topic

any idea when the next sonic universe comic will be coming out?

1 person likes this

If you are asking about the comic itself, it's probibly a week or two away.

If you are asking 'when will we upload it here?' Please don't.  That's breaking the rules.

If you are asking 'when will we upload it here?' Please don't.  That's breaking the rules.

fear not skye, i'm not trying to break the rules. just asking when it's going to come out this month (not on here but just in general.) that and don't they come out like every month?

fear not skye, i'm not trying to break the rules. just asking when it's going to come out this month (not on here but just in general.) that and don't they come out like every month?

Correct, each comic series gets a new issue once a month. Currently, the release order for each month goes like this: Sonic Universe, then STH, then Mega Man. Last week, we had a Mega Man issue, so this week we'll get a new Universe issue.

Anyone else reading Universe get excited about a new character 'Gold' being introduced only to be pages later go ughhh as the new character is psuedo legionized in the face.  Like I am all about legionizing things for the great Echidna empire but.. it just can't happen anymore.

My thoughts about the newest Sonic Universe:

I liked it. It was nicely done there was progress in the story we got to see Gold. (if that is her real name we can never be sure.. you know.. unless they tell it in the next one)

I'd also like to see the other members of the council.. They seemed rather interesting though for some reason they reminded me of the Dark Brotherhood... Must be the masks and I absolutely loved those little robots!

But now I'm also wondering Gold's age.. I mean she did call Silver "young one" or something.. I really can't wait to see her background story!

As for the Professor... Still as awesome as always and with the always beautiful accent.

But now I'm also wondering Gold's age.. I mean she did call Silver "young one" or something.. I really can't wait to see her background story!

Actually, I think the telepathic voice, who called Silver 'Young One' is someone else, not Gold herself, as it seemed to chastise her after they were caught.  Maybe living inside Gold's head?

As for the story itself., it was okay, but it just seemed to be... lacking something for me.

Actually, I think the telepathic voice, who called Silver 'Young One' is someone else, not Gold herself, as it seemed to chastise her after they were caught.  Maybe living inside Gold's head?

As for the story itself., it was okay, but it just seemed to be... lacking something for me.

Now when you say that.. It does lack something but not sure what.. and I did not notice that I just thought it was Gold herself. Though she doesn't seem to think much of herself..

I think the trouble is it's a transition.  We've had the intro and we've moving to the big finale.  The only incident of note is meeting Gold.

This one is a real doozy! Eggman calls in his Egg Bosses to take care of a certain pair of stubborn wizards. And you'll never guess who shows up!

Some old, some new, some you've already seen, and a couple that have been much talked about!

SONIC UNIVERSE #84
Eggman’s got the MASTER PLAN in “Eggman’s Dozen” Part Two: Dr. Eggman has suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands (and claws!) of the malicious Naugus Twins! But everyone knows that you just can’t keep a good villain down-so what’s a demented doctor to do? Form a coalition of evil! When Dr. Eggman forms a strike team of his Egg Bosses around the world to strike back, will these misfit minions mesh into a fighting force? And what sinister secret is Dr. Eggman using to keep them in line? Featuring cover art by jamming Jamal Peppers and an awesome “Boss Attack” variant by lightning Lamar Wells!
Script: Ian Flynn
Art:Tracy Yardley, Jim Amash, Jack Morelli & Matt Herms
Sonic Universe #84 CVR A Reg: Jamal Peppers, Jim Amash & Matt Herms
Sonic Universe #84 CVR B Variant: Lamar Wells, Jim Amash & Steve Downer
On Sale Date: 1/27
32-page, full color comic

Images do not work for me so putting them here again just to make sure others can see 

latest?cb=20151019212632

latest?cb=20151019212647

Now then... wow. At last we get to see all the egg bosses... and it's nice that there are some old faces among the newbies like Mordred, Conquering Storm and... is that the Grand Battlekuku or whatever his name is? Did not expect to see him I must say. I guess this means we'll be seeing Speedy too soon. Tails vs Speedy match again anyone?

Doesn't look like it'll be now though. I'm hoping for something like the Egg Scrambled arc where we get to see Eggman with his true power. Naugus was a pretty good foe before... not sure about his sister yet

The Battlekuku coming back isn't too much of a surprise as he's a game boss than a comic one.  Really good to see Conquering Storm back.  Given she's front and center on that cover I suspect a lot of fan had been clamoring for her return.  Gotta say I prefered her old cuber-eyes though.  

What I'm curious to know is who's the guy in the background that we can only see half the face of cause it's so big.

I knew the Battlekuku was coming back eventually. I still have no idea what species of birds he is....Ostrich? Rooster? Pelican? Anyways...Good to see some older ones return. But who is this mysterious being in the background!? 

Edited by Seviper

Conquering Storm is back!! YES YES YES!!! And I see new Grandmasters~ Wonder if they have any powers?

Well... judging my Mordred's pic in the variant, I expect he keeps his powers. And we already know about Thunderbolt

Interestingly... I just did a check and the guy between Tundra and Mordred is apparently... Akhult. You know, the orca egg boss from before who had his own powers too? Wow...  he's changed A LOT

I figured they had to mobianize everyone for the new reality! As evidence by Muttski.

Looks like taking back the base is going to be a little more difficult than our favorite conqueror has thought...

http://www.bumbleking.com/solicits/SU085covers.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE #85
Art: Tracy Yardley, Jim Amash, Jack Morelli & Matt Herms
Sonic Universe #85 CVR A Reg: Diana Skelly, Jim Amash & Matt Herms
Sonic Universe #85 CVR B Variant: Dan Schoening & Luis Antonio Delgado

Dr. EGGMAN gets CRACKING in “Eggman’s Dozen” Part Three: Dr. Eggman has assembled his evil Egg Bosses to take back his Egg Refinery from the Naugus Twins! The plan seems straight forward enough, but what happens when the Eggman’s minions can’t work together? Can the mad doctor scramble to survive or will his shaky alliances leave him fried? Featuring egg-tastic cover art by dynamite Diana Skelly and a wonderfully “Wicked” variant cover by artist supreme Dan Schoening!
Ship Date: 2/10
On Sale Date: 2/24
$3.99 U.S.

....Naugus Twins? o_o oooh my god.

Eggman's Dozen ends with an unexpected battle between machine and master.

Find out who the machine is in the spoilers.

Cover Variants:

Archie

Archie

Solicit:

SONIC UNIVERSE #86
Art: Adam Bryce Thomas, Jim Amash, Jack Morelli & Matt Herms
Sonic Universe #86 CVR A Reg: Tracy Yardley, Jim Amash, Matt Herms
Sonic Universe #86 CVR B Variant: Ryan Jampole

It’s the END for EGGMAN in “Eggman’s Dozen” Part Four: The final, frantic fracas is here! Dr. Eggman and his Egg Bosses square off against the Naugus Twins and the fearsome Crystal Sonic! Will everyone make it out of the battle alive? And who is the twelfth and final Egg Boss? All the action and answers are here! Featuring cover art by Mr. Sonic comics, Tracy Yardley and a “Baddie Bunch” variant by the radical Ryan Jampole!
On Sale Date: 3/23
$3.99 U.S.

Edited by Crossharemega

"Crystal Sonic"? Eggman... what experiments have you been doing on him this time? You need to stop doing that. Look. Now he's fighting you

Who are these villains though? I recognise a few of them but who's the bunny? And the angry looking bear? And... whatever that blue cheeky guy is. Is that Thrash but redesigned? Should I be worried about another race going extinct bar one?

If Cream and Rouge got fused together, that rabbit would be the result...

at least we're getting conquoring storm back, though i'm still not 100% in agreement with her cyborg eyes and lack of backkstory for how that happen unless the simple answer is "genesis wave"

To be fair... she hasn't even been in the comic to be given a back story yet ;)

She had cyborg eyes in the comic's too.  After her first appearance.  And she gave a reason for it as well.  Wonder if it'll be the same.

Though I prefered the pre-reboot cyber look.