Shadow

Sonic Universe (Comic Series)

686 posts in this topic

Anyway, this was the first amazing issue of SU since Worlds Collide. I really hope Sonic and Mega Man will meet again someday...

I love the last Sonic Universe Issue and especially Shadows face expressions (like in Sonic Universe #1) >D

ooh79afn.png

gedl5bfj.png

And yeah...the gas masks for the GUN. Well prepared for battle...

Edited by Jetfire

Hey guys! Here are the solicitation and covers for the upcoming Issue #63, beginning a brand new arc starring everyone's favourite Rad Red Echidna!

SonicUniv%2363.jpgSonicUniv%2363var.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE #63

"Fly high above the clouds with Knuckles and the Chaotix in The Great Chaos Caper: Part One! Knuckles the Echidna has been tasked by a mysterious force to fix the shattered planet – but when the Dark Gaia monsters emerge from the world's core, our hero finds himself in a fight for his very life! Luckily the ever-adventuring Chaotix are around to lend a hand, hired by Princess Sally to gather the all-important Chaos Emeralds. But wait, who's that lurking in the dark?"

This, along with the Sonic Issue #260 solicitation, pretty much confirms that a 'Sonic Unleashed' adaptation/sequel is on our way. What are your thoughts, guys?

So we will find out what happened with Knuckles. Good to know

Also

there's a Bean in the variant. Does that mean he'll be in the arc too? Pleasesayyes! Pleasesayyes!

But no Mighty! That's annoying

Oh yeah, and

nice to really know that an Unleashed adaption is coming. I have high hopes

So we will find out what happened with Knuckles. Good to know

Also

there's a Bean in the variant. Does that mean he'll be in the arc too? Pleasesayyes! Pleasesayyes!

But no Mighty! That's annoying

Oh yeah, and

nice to really know that an Unleashed adaption is coming. I have high hopes

Good news on the Mighty and Ray Front, Flynn did say on Bumbleking forums that they WOULD be returning this year, but no word on When, but this arc is as good a guess as any, will be interesting to see their place and stories in this new world

Nack's back good to know. He hasn't been seen since treasure team tango. Not counting his cameo in the last sth issue.

Good news on the Mighty and Ray Front, Flynn did say on Bumbleking forums that they WOULD be returning this year, but no word on When, but this arc is as good a guess as any, will be interesting to see their place and stories in this new world

Well that's a huge relief. They had a whole arc on finding Mighty and Ray again, it would've been extremely disappointing if they were found and then lost again

I'm liking the sound of this new arc :) Hopefully Knuckles can explain his new backstory to us all in this one. Great to see Team Hooligan returning as well :)

On the subject of Mighty and Ray, I'm more concerned about Matilda appearing again.

Hey I'm very new here so I just need to ask...

How do you add the 'spoiler' button? Do you need to be promoted or somewhat?

You just have to do this [ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ] without the spaces. Put the words between the bracketed spoiler words.

Well here are my thoughts.

On the whole I thought it was an OK issue. It definitely seemed more like a set up for the third part, as the only thing that really happened was Shadow getting mind controlled, which did seem a little rushed at the end of that section, Black Death just sort of willed it to happen and it did. On the plus side it was nice to see Rouge assert herself and Omega had a couple of amusing lines. And at least they brought gas masks, so GUN aren't totally incompetent.

My opinion:

Finally gas masks for Rouge and the GUN soldiers!

Well it was...okay. I think from the cover of SU 60 what this is gonna be a battle between Rouge, Shadow and Omega, but 3/4 of the issue Eclipse managed to take control of Shadow and at least at the end, they are fighting. I am a little bit dissapointed, but actually the colours and the flashbacks from the game Sonic the Hedgehog are preatty cool.

Yay. They did remember the gas masks! Huh, I've seen better resolutions to classic Dr Who cliffhangers. It made last months utterly pointless. Aside from that not bad, though nothing special, except for Black Death just flicking Shadow's 'evil' switch at the end. I hope there is a payoff for why we didn't see what was going on there. Also, I anyone else getting a serious Finitevus vibe from Eclipse?

Gosh, this really is starting to look good :) Eclipse is looking more and more like a really good villain, Black Death as well. I liked how Eclipse has some sense of family even with Shadow. Not surprised the cover misled me, since this isn't the first time this has happened. The battle of minds was what really shined in this issue though. I love a good flashback. It's also nice to see G.U.N. troops not being completely incompetent as I first suspected. Although it lacked in overall action, it did make up for the brilliant psychological warfare

If I'm honest, I expected more from this comic. The cover had gotten my hopes up for seeing Shadow fight Rouge and Omega. Instead we had to wait until the comic was nearly over for Rouge and Omega to actually see Omega and the fight started right at the end. Also, I felt that the gas masks were a little lazy. I don't see their excuse for not wearing them as viable. I mean, they were going to be attacked anyway

That said however, I did enjoy seeing Black Death and Eclipse struggle to get Shadow to join their side and if you take everything else I said out, the issue wasn't that bad

Well, that was an issue. So far, this is seeming to be similar to PPP, with the first two issues being nothing special. With that said, we'll just have to wait and see how the second half goes. As for the story itself, it's interesting to see Eclipse as a true 'sibling' to Shadow, and I'd like to see more of him in the future (assuming he doesn't die in the end). However, I don't find Black Death to be anything special, and Spider Troupe still don't stand out that much to me. It's good to see that they actually brought gas masks with them (with Rouge's looking a bit familiar to SA2 fans...) with Black Death's reaction pretty much being "Well, crud." And Shadow turning evil... yeah, that won't last long, but seeing Shadow as an antagonist again should be some fun next issue. Overall, a decent part, but still nothing amazing.

Not a bad issue, it's building up to the third part. G.U.N. aren't completely foolish since they fought ahead and brought gas masks. Eclipse is starting to become an interesting character, as he prefers to corrupt shadow instead of simply destroying him.

Um, am i the only one that doesn't have #60 yet? It's not coming out this week either :(

Um... the comic is up on the site. If you click the comics button at the top of the page and go to Archie, you'll find SU

Right, I think I'll have a say about this as well.

Honestly, I completely forgot about the group's situation last month, so remembering it and seeing what happened now gave me a chuckle.

I must admit I liked their attempt at bringing Shadow into their side. While I think Black Death's method of "Oh, screw this! *Instant Brainwash*" was indeed a disappointing cop-out. I will admit it was a cop-out card played at the right moment. Speaking as a beginning writer, the "Screw it" Cop-outs should ONLY be used as the absolute last resort; only when they really need something done and they have NO other way of getting it done. (It should also only be used in comedies, but I digress.) As someone who played the crap out of Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic Adventures 2, I knew they wouldn't be able to talk Shadow into it. Black Doom (Who, I might add, I feel is superior in all but name. (Black Doom's cool, but Black Death's got a reference bonus.)) already tried that and failed. (Then again, he also tried the mind controlling and that also failed. ...Huh...) He was already resolved by the end of that game and as such images of the past wouldn't effect him either. It's a situation a writer should try their best to never get into. But when they do, it's a matter of picking their poison, going for the lesser of two evils. Better to have fans pout in disappointment with a cop-out then yell in anger with an inconsistent method. Point is, it was a cop-out, but a cop-out done at the right time. So I'm not really too disappointed.

Also, SLOW-REVEALING ARMY MARCH! Because if it works Lord of the Rings, Serenity and freaking Pokemon (The first movie) It sure as heck works for Shadow the Hedgehog.

Overall, not too bad a situation, certainly better than I expected this scenario to go.

Also, Calling it right now: Either Commander Towers gave Rouge a Deus Ex Machina in that little thing with them and Omega that will knock Shadow to his senses again, or ordered her to kill him should this happen and Shadow is faking it for one reason or another.

One more thing: I think we can expect a "Devil Death" by the end of this arc. (...Urrrgh...) ...and considering how Black Death looks, I'm expecting to be laughing at the way it looks, rather than be struck with awe. But who knows, maybe they'll surprise me. ...Or maybe there just isn't a Devil Death which would make me ponder...Why?

I also found the info for issue 64 for SU

Sonicuniv64.jpgSonicuniv64var.jpg

'The Great Chaos Caper,' Part Two. The chaos continues! It's hijinks and high explosives galore with Knuckles caught in the middle of all the action! The Chaotix and the Hooligans are falling over each other to get to a Chaos Emerald - the key to saving (or dooming) the world! It's up to Knuckles to power through the madness and complete his own mission, and in his travels, you'll never believe who he finds! Featuring new cover art from Tracy Yardley and a rad red SEGA Variant cover!

Who does he find? I know who I'm hoping for. I'm hoping it's Mighty and Ray

So it's goofball team vs. goofball team, with Knux caught in the middle? Sounds pretty fun. I'd also like to point out the ominous Gaia Monster eye patterns; it looks like it really will be complete 'chaos' out there. I'm not sure who he'll run into, though; it could be Mighty and/or Ray (that would be cool), it might be Thrash (that would be... awkward) or another character we haven't seen in a long time. (Or it could be Chip.) But these are just some vague guesses. We'll see who it is soon enough...

Might as well get the ball rolling

On the whole I thought it was a good issue. Again, nothing amazing, but I liked the small battle to break the mind control over Shadow, and it was nice to see a sense of overt camaraderie in Team Dark. Unsurprisingly, I also got a bit of an Aliens vibe with the soldiers being cocooned for food. All in all, it's set up nicely for the final battle, which I hope isn't as brief as the Blaze vs Metal fight.

I didn't have the problem with pages 6 and 11, though it was missing the front cover for me. *shrug* Also, it wasn't mentioned on the updates window.

As for the issue itself..

To be honest, I haven't much to say except that it was good fun! And Omega was a great source of chuckles. I agree with Shadow about the aliens vibe, except the environments seemed to little too bright to effectively carry it!

However, Black Death.... Is coming across as an idiot. When viewing the Shadow VS Rouge and Omega he didn't even CONSIDER the possibly of his control breaking, despite complaining a few panels earlier about Shadow resisting it. As for that 'you don't belong' speech; Dude, you've been in Shadow's head. You should know he's past that by now.