Shadow

Sonic Universe (Comic Series)

686 posts in this topic

I enjoyed this issue, even though very little happened in the way of action. Aa usual I enjoyed Bean's antics and am looking forward to seeing how his and Bark's escape goes, as well as hopefully seeing more of the Kraken. On the whole it kept me interested, gave me a few laughs and has set things up nicely for the 3rd part, though as a standalone story there certainly wasn't anything spectacular in it.

Well, I've gotta say issue 56 was a good read and gave us a few stories to tell, but I think I preferred last issue. But don't get me wrong, I loved the Sprockets. They looked quite cute for robots :P And as usual we see Marine being as pompous and as annoying as ever, but it was so nice to see that panel where Amy tells her to stop. And Bean (once again) was pretty much stealing the show with his antics. The part where he offers Blaze a smoothie was just a real tickler on the ribs! Yardely! really knows how to get Bean's characterisations perfect. However, I sort of wanted to see more of Blaze in action. Truth is we haven't seen her fighting pirates at all so far. For this entire issue she remains locked up like a lion in a zoo. And the verdict? Honestly I think this arc will have a marvellous second half, but this story's taking its time to get into the full swing of things 8/10. And I'm still waiting for Bark to do something.

Just a warning. I AM writing SPOILERS

Yes, Bean did spend almost the whole issue, stealing the show from others. But the ending! I'm not surprised, but at the same time, I didn't actually think Bean would do that. It makes me question who's side Bean and Bark are going to be on by the end of the arc

Also, I never knew he was the linguistic type

As for the others, Bark, I would prefer to see him in action. Since he doesn't ever talk, you have to rely on his actions. Blaze, also I would like to see more, but you cant do much trapped in a cage. Amy telling Marine to shut up was pretty funny. I don't think anyone has ever told her that. And Marine's confrontation to Captain Metal. That was good. The sprockets. The only way I can describe them is cute. Not sure how they'll fit in later on. I can't wait to find out

looks like johnny and whisker are here too. they can be seen in the next comic art cover.

Just a warning. I AM writing SPOILERS

Yes, Bean did spend almost the whole issue, stealing the show from others. But the ending! I'm not surprised, but at the same time, I didn't actually think Bean would do that. It makes me question who's side Bean and Bark are going to be on by the end of the arc

Also, I never knew he was the linguistic type

As for the others, Bark, I would prefer to see him in action. Since he doesn't ever talk, you have to rely on his actions. Blaze, also I would like to see more, but you cant do much trapped in a cage. Amy telling Marine to shut up was pretty funny. I don't think anyone has ever told her that. And Marine's confrontation to Captain Metal. That was good. The sprockets. The only way I can describe them is cute. Not sure how they'll fit in later on. I can't wait to find out

Oh...Er sorry about that, I wasn't thinking :unsure:

Oh...Er sorry about that, I wasn't thinking :unsure:

What are you apologising for? You did nothing wrong

looks like johnny and whisker are here too. they can be seen in the next comic art cover.

Yeah, I saw Whiskers mentioned in a spoiler earlier on

i wonder if eggman nega has send them. i like to see him in comics but probably he's working behind the scene for something REALLY big.

Nega. Now that would be good. Unlikely, but still good. If only Archie were allowed to use him

The only thing that I still want to see, and I'm not even sure if it is even going to be shown, is Marine's ''Hidden power'' at the end of Sonic Rush Adventure. I thought she was going to finally show that she isn't worthless against Captain Metal but unfortunately, it didn't happen.

Well, it isn't over yet. She could still show it in the last part of the arc. It would make more sense there anyway

I was expecting that as well. It certainly seemed to be building up that way. Might have been a tease for the end, as Dylan suggested.

The thought of her using her unknown power didn't actually cross my mind when reading it. But thinking about it, perhaps she was planning to use it against captain metal, but metal fired first and Cream picked her up before she had the chance

That would make sense, as in universe Marine has claimed to have used it before (SU 1 I think????)... Then again, this IS Marine we're talking about, so take that with a pinch of salt.

Well, yes and no. She didn't specifically say she used it. But the picture did show some blue around her hand, which could suggest that she did use it

Well have to wait until the final comic to see. With Burning Blaze too for the first time. Should be nice

About not putting spoilers in my review.

Hopefully , they are keeping both for the last issue, as a treat.

About not putting spoilers in my review.

The message I put wasn't directed to you. It was a warning to those who hadn't read the comic yet that what I was writing included spoilers. I didn't really ant to put all that in a spoiler tag

The message I put wasn't directed to you. It was a warning to those who hadn't read the comic yet that what I was writing included spoilers. I didn't really ant to put all that in a spoiler tag

Oh, sorry I guess I just misunderstood :wacko:

So, have you seen the Off-Panel for issue 57? I get it, and I laughed.

So, have you seen the Off-Panel for issue 57? I get it, and I laughed.

It's not up on the site yet, so nope. I haven't seen it.

The comic is up but I haven't seen the off panel

BEAN GOT SQUISHED BY HIS OWN BOMB!!! That was hilarious. And when he called himself captain and Blaze burnt his hat.

And finally Bark does something! Not much, but destroying the Kraken is something! It's about time he got involved

This issue was just utter amusement and a barrel (get the pun?) of laughs! Bean was of course the star of the show. His Shakespearian moment gave me chuckles and his Captain's hat moment was just so memorably hilarious. In fact just seeing him wearing that thing was hilarious! Yardely's was well polished for this issue. The action and Kraken scenes were fun to watch and seeing more Rush Adventure character like Johnny and Whiskers was good to see too. I especially loved the Behemoth Bomb panels as well and we saw Bark do something for once, hooray! The pencils were typical Yardely style: fun and coloured spot on. This issue was the best in the arc so far and featured some of Bean greatest, or rather funniest moments 9/10.

On the whole I thought this was another great issue. Bean once again stole the show, and I especially loved the giant bomb. I do feel they took out the Kraken a bit too quickly; it didn't really have the time to do much, though it did certainly look cool. All in all it's only a minor gripe and I definitely liked this one. I think I'd agree that this is the best issue in this arc so far.