The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

Dylan looked at Skye

"I'm sorry, we're making you uncomfortable. Let's not talk about this further even if it is amusing"

"Nah. Not until he tell us WHY he's finding it so uncomfortable. C'mon Skye, spit it out," said Melody.

"Yes I do hold a great deal of power over what happens to you next, that is true."

Miles nodded and took another sip of water.

"And what would be your recommendation this far?" he asked.

"I say we wait until the newcomers get in . Then we see what we can salvage out of the mess you caused with you little friend." said Glen.

---------------------------

"Now now skye, no need to be embarassed."Said Locke."If anything, having such powers is an amazing feat."

Zamy was about to answer Miles then raised an eyebrow. "Newcomers? Who are you referring to Glen?"

"That's true. You don't have to feel embarrassed or uncomfortable here so if you really don't feel like saying anything, we won't pressurize you. Will we Melody?" Dylan eyed Melody

Melody gave Dylan a fake innocent look.

"I'm not embarrassed by my powers, it's just that, well, using them to essentially play 'dress-up' is a little childish, isn't it?" said Skye awkwardly.

-------------

Miles remained silent, partially curious about Glen's statement, and partially amused by Zamy's perplextion.

"well, your people Zamy."

-----------------------

"Dressing yourself up is not the end of the world."Said Locke;

"I'm not going to judge you however you use your powers as long as it doesn't harm anyone. Playing 'dress-up' doesn't do that so I'm fine I'm fine with it"

"It was a little more involved than that Skye. Don't you remember all the fun stuff we got up to when we could leave the castle without people bowing wherever we went?" asked Melody.

"It wasn't always fun," replied Skye.

"Yeah, okay, sometime things got nasty but we always got away. I think you've just forgotten how much you enjoyed the while thing during your... exile. You seemed to be fine enough playing around with our colours earlier though," Melody pointed out. "And if you are worried about what other people might think, Dad and Dylan don't seem to mind. Though... ah, that's it... What do you think about your boyfriend trying out being different species Tikal?" she asked.

--------------

"More backup on the way then?" comment Miles.

"Not backup. They'll be coming to detian you while the board decides what to do with you."

"Should I be worried about something ?"Asked Tikal.

----------------------------------

"As long as the whole thing is taken care of for good..."

"I don't think so, but that depends on what you'd find worrying!" replied Melody.

--------------

Miles slumped. "That's what I though. Just a few more minutes before I'm locked up for good." He signed. "I doubt you'll allow me to have a few minutes outside? One last look at openness and some fresh air?"

Zamy activated her teleporter and took Miles outside.

"Do you honestly regret what you did?" she asked him.

"Guess he didn't got what I meant ...."

-------

"What should I find worrying in your opinion then ?"

"Well, if you're worried about him changing without warning you, knowing Skye that probably won't happen. And he certainly won't go around changing anyone else, like you, without permission" said Melody.

------------

Miles looked around in surprise, then took and appreciative deep breath. He walked a couple of paces, one of his tails dragging uselessly on the ground behind him, until his weakened legs gave out and he slumped to the ground. He took another deep breath and looked towards Zamy.

"Honestly... I'm not sure." He looked down at the ground. "Everything I've done since I started talking to Hope Robotnik, that I'm pretty sure I do regret. And I regret that I didn't understand what had happened to Mi... Anna. But I was so sure it was something insidious."

"I see. Then there is hope for you yet. Those you have wronged, most of them will never forgive you. Not that I imagine you care much about their opinions. But it would seem Anna harbours no ill will towards you. In fact she wants to help you. I can't promise that you won't spend some time back in Zone Jail, but it's possible, if you truly are reformed, you might be reintegrated in a program similar to what Skye is in. A miracle given what he tried to do. But if you fake it or try to play the system, it's back into the wolves' den."

"Skye's reintegration was a miracle? What on Moebius did he do? It sounds like it was worse than my crimes," Miles commented, then he lay on his back, staring at the sky.

"So spend a lifetime in jail, or try to 'reform'," he summarized. His mind flashed back to what Anna had said about hating part of him. A small tear trickled down the side of his face. "It's an obvious choice..." Miles words broke off. There was still the ace in the hole. A useless one in Zone Jail, but outside he might have a chance to escape. But that would mean going against what Anna wanted. And even if he never saw her again, Miles didn't want to let her down.

And then, there was something else. Since regaining that small part of his memories Miles' mind had started putting some of the pieces of the past together. And they seemed to be leading to an obvious conclusion.

Miles weighed the options in his mind then, with a sigh closed his eyes, knowing that he probably wouldn't be able to turn back after this point.

"If you do place me in a reintegration program you best supply several guards. Otherwise, there will be casualties," Miles warned.

"There will be plenty of guards to keep an eye on you. They don't want a repeat of what happened here."

"It..." Miles hesitated again, pretty certain that what he was about to say could drastically alter his life. Swollowing hard, Miles continued down the path he was walking. He turned his head to look straight at Zamy. "I don't think guards will be enough. It's... It's my uncle. He's a powerful wizard, and he believes it's my 'destiny' to rule over Moebius. And he might try anything to ensure that 'destiny' comes to pass."

Kali and Chaos enter Haven as Astraea walks into a nearby shop.

"so how has your travels treated you?" Chaos asks.

"It's been well. Besides our jewels, people just assume us to be visitors from Merica. I hope you can say the same about your own." Kali replies, looking at Chaos.

"Well it's kind of rough. People remember me as the monster that nearly destroyed the world. god help them when they realize I can telepathically speak to them now." Chaos shrugs with his answer as Kali laughs.

"They'll get over it some time. In any case, what brings you here?"

"I've had information that Tikal was somewhere in this city."

"Is that the person you've been looking for all this time?"

"Indeed that is so."

"I see." Kali says as he rubs his chin in thought. Chaos looks at his hand for a moment.

"Have......you and Astraea gotten any closer in your relationship at all?" he asks.

"What? I don't understand what you mean." Kali answers awkwardly.

"What is that on your 4th finger?" Chaos points, as Kali looks to his hand.

"Oh, this is something we made to not lose each other." Kali says showing it to Chaos. It was a ring made from small wooden vines with the center piece holding a oval of fire.

"We use it to know how we're doing." Kali explains. "If the vines ever loosen, she'll know I'm in danger, and if the fire dims, I'll know about her as well."

"Mhmm." Chaos goes on. "And she has a matching one on her 4th finger as well?"

"Of course, otherwise she'd never know about me."

"And who's idea was this to fuse your powers together?"

"Hers, why?"

Chaos continues to look at Kali in astonishment of his inability to comprehend such a situation. However he finally gives up on him, leaving Kali to continue staring confused.

Zamy sighed. "It's never a simple and easy problem these days. Alright, this 'wizard', can he be killed by mortal means? I doubt he'd be able to find out where you were as it certainly wouldn't be on Moebius, but it seems we best try to ensure he doesn't have the capacity to act at all. Moebius is a dangerous place, and I'm sure someone will off him without 'any' encouragement from us."

I can't believe there's a swimming pool in a library this cool. Are we aloud to get in whenever we want to?

"As far as I know," Anna replied. "I can't see anything that says 'pool closed during off-peak hours' or somesuch!"

--------------

Miles gave a twisted smile. "I'm pretty sure he's as mortal as the next Moebian. Trouble is, he's sneaky. He tends not to stay in one place from what I gathered. I had only a little contact with him, and even less in person. But I'm fairly certain he is powerful, so he may be able to find me in another Zone."