The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

Skye didn't say anything in reply, but turned, hurried over to the bed and hugged Melody tightly. She gave a wince of pain with the tight embrace, but hugged back, smiling.

"We're good Skye," said Melody, but Skye shook his head.

"Not yet. I'm gonna help you out, day and night, until you can run again," replied Skye.

-------

Ziona gave a little jump of surprise, then gave a small laugh. "Okay, I'm sorry I called you creepy," she said with a smile.

"Excuse accepted."answered Glen.

-----------------------------

"see, things are looking up." said Locke."Don't give up yet."

"I'll... I'll try Dad," said Skye. Melody glanced up and saw Tikal standing there as well. She motioned to her come come over.

--------------

"Yes I did Zamy," Anna replied, walking back out of the room still looking at the picture. "I'm ready to head back now. I wonder... how different would things had been if his parents hadn't disappeared?"

---------------

Ziona laughed. "Oh it wasn't just an excuse!"

"I'm honestly not sure. Though I'd hope they'd have stopped him from turning to kidnapping," said Zamy before taking them back to Haven.

Tikal quickly went next to skye.

-----------------------------

"got something else in mind?"

Melody slowly moved Skye's arm so that his hand was next to Tikal's. She nodded at Tikal to take hold of it. Skye himself was still clinging to Melody.

-------------

"I'd have hoped more than that," replied Anna as she headed back into Miles' cell. The fox looked up as she entered. He was no longer shivering, but still looked poorly.

"I brought you something M... Tails," said Anna as she handed the book over.

"A book? What? Why?" Miles asked confused.

"It's yours, open it up," said Anna.

"But I've never seen it before," Miles replied as he opened it. He breath caught as he read the handwritten dedication. "To Miles. From your Father. May you never grow tried of the stories in this book.' Anna then handed the photograph over.

Miles shook his head. "I don't remember either of these. They're fake, aren't they?" he asked.

"No Miles. I'd never do that to you. Just try and remember," said Anna. Miles took another look at the photo and book, and something began to take shape in his mind.

------------

Miles entered his father's study, where he did all his writing. His father looked up happily as his son entered.

"There you are Miles. Good timing. I just finished," Miles father said, handing his the book he'd been writing. Miles took it with a happy smile.

"Wow. Thanks Dad. This is great, but..." Miles looked downcast, "the other kids' say I'm too old for fairy tales."

"You're never not old for fairy tales," his father replied, ruffling his hair, "and don't let them tell you otherwise. Hmm, sounds like your mother has just come home." His father left the study while Miles looked through the book. All his favorite stories were inside, writing by his father, and with some illustrations too. Smiling broadly, he left the room and began heading down the stairs.

"And what did you tell him?" he heard his father say.

"The same thing as always," his mother replied. "That Miles is OUR son and not HIS apprentice."

"I just hope he listens this time. And what about Jules? Have you had any leads there?"

"None at all. The whole thing worries me. And it's not helped that Kintobor has gone paranoid and claiming 'he's next'!"

"Kintobor? Isn't he the guy who make all the cool robots?" asked Miles as he reached his parents.

"Yes dear, that's him," his mother replied.

"You've had a hard day. How about a walk in the park," suggested Miles' father.

"Good idea. I'll just change out of my uniform," said his mother as she began heading upstairs.

------------

"Perhaps," said Ziona smiling.

Tikal did so the second she got the occasion.

---------------------

"Well,let's try to control each other, for now..."

Skye jumped a little when Tikal took his hand. He looked around, and managed to smile.

"Tikal, there you are," he said happily, embracing the Echidna.

--------------

"Miles?" asked Anna as he seemed to be spacing out.

"I... I remembered them Anna. Just a few minutes, but..." Miles said tearfully. Anna sat down next to him and gave him a light hug.

"If you can remember something, I'm sure all your memories will come back in time," she said.

"But if I gave them up for your speed... What happens if getting them back means you loose that speed?" he asked.

"If that happens, it doesn't matter," Anna replied sincerely.

------

"Control? You make it sound so sinister," said Ziona.

Shadow chaos controlled himself, Rouge and Hope back to GUN HQ.

"Remind me why we're spending our week at that hotel?" asked Shadow.

"Because it's all being paid for by someone else and we didn't expect to get repeatedly harrassed by some insane freak from Moebius," said Rouge.

"Oh yeah," he muttered in response.

"Skye." said Tikal quietly."I'm glad to see that you are safe."

-----------------------------------------

"Sinister you said? but that's only the beginning... ah yes..."

"Did you... did you hear what happened?" asked Skye. "You must hate me now."

------------

Anna stood up to leave.

"Wait," interrupted Miles, causing her to turn back. "When they come to take me away... Can you be there... so we can say goodbye?" he asked.

"Of course I will," said Anna. Part of her wanted to tell him about the possibility that he wouldn't be spending life in jail, but she didn't want to risk it. His future seemed to balance on a knife edge, and if he thought there was a soft option, he might slip back into his conniving ways. She left, leaving Miles alone with the book.

"Did I really like such childish stories?" he wondered as he began to read.

------------

"Well, while you're freaking me out, shall we go and see if Red is awake?" Ziona turned to Zamy. "Red said something about having some anti-magic trinket. It could be useful in this instance," she explained.

At that moment Anna came out of the cell.

"Ziona. Zamy. Can you call me when your people ariive to take Miles away? We... want to say goodbye."

"Skye, I cannot , for the life of me, possibly hate you."

------------------------------------

"Get scared alright..."He saw Anna."Don't worry, you'll still have some times before they come..." he looks at Zionna."Wants me to give this call a try?"

Skye gave a happy squeaking noise.

"Skye, I think the only person who hates you right now is yourself," said Melody.

-------------

"Thank you," said Anna, as she rushed back to the infirmary.

"Okay, if you give your friend a call, and I'll go and talk to Red. Sorry, that leave you on guard duty Zamy," said Ziona.

"And you shouldn't do so."

--------------------------------------

"Yeah , sure...." Glen got up, searching for his radio.... this was going to be one of these days....

"But I..." Skye began. Melody rolled her eyes and slapped Skye on the back of his head before he could continue.

"Whatever you were about to say, no you're not," she said, sounding exasperated. "And if you are all worked up about landing me here, then you can start making it up to me by being happy!"

"Uh..." Skye was lost as to what to say when Anna returned.

"If only Mom was awake, we'd have the whole family," said Melody.

---------

Ziona began making her own way to the infirmary.

Glen finally found the radio.... he really didn't know what to say that wouldn't make him end up in a world of oral pain, by the hand of this dangerous woman....

------------------------------

"I'm sure she'll wake up soon."Answered back tikal.

And sure enough, she started stirring back awake.

"Mom?" asked Skye, heading to her side.

"Is it safe to move Melody so she can be next to Mom when she wakes?" asked Anna.

"Unfortunaly no, as she is still too weak right now, but don't worry, later on maybe." said Sabre.

-----------------------------------

"Where am I?" Asked Old Red.

"Mom? You're in the infirmary. In Haven. I'm sorry Mom. You're gonna be alright thought. I'm so, so sorry," said Skye as he held onto Red's hand. Anna nodded sadly, and also headed over to Red's bedside, while Melody tried to prop herself up so she could see.

"I see.... There is no need to blame yourself Skye, not at all..."

"That's what everyone keeps saying to me Mom," said Skye with a small smile. "But..."

"No 'buts' Skye," called out Melody.

"I'm affraid to say that melody is right for once." She chuckled.

"For once? You mean I'm not normally!" Melody objected.