The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"I... I.. I don't want to say Tikal. I've done something terrible," said Skye.

-------------

"You are thinking ahead there," said Ziona. "So who did you have in mind," she added, changing the subject.

"Skye, now don't say that." answered back Tikal."I know it wouldn't be your fault..."

-----------------------------

"There was this sargent I used to know back in my armies day... Boy does she has a temper, but she loves children..... "

"Given the DEL's activities, as well as the general state of your Zone, I doubt the board would look to kindly on that option. Unless of course she's no longer affiliated with them and is in a stable area," said Zamy.

"But... But it was..."

--------------

"I'm not sure your Zone is a good place at all. Moreso as to what just happened there," said Ziona

"She is retired . and My zone isn't as unstable as this one. By the time you all came, The DEL was at peace with the remaining forces. not the best peace, but it was seen as the less of the two evil...The other being a bitter war way more costly both in lives and equipement....And now that the Werehog curse is over..."

--------------------------------------

"Skye...do you want me to come?"

"I... don't know... yes..." said Skye hesitantly.

-------------

Anna nodded. "I think I finally got Miles to understand," she explained.

-------------

"It might work, but she would need to go before the board. I'm I'm still not sure she'll be able to cope with some capable of throwing magic around," said Ziona.

"Hang on, I'm coming then." Said Tikal, before leaving the hotel with someone....

-------------------------------------

"Zionna, this woman take no Poop from anyone. and boy do they tried. we all know how machist a military can be. So when a woman like her get so highly decorated, you know she deserved it."

Skye made some noise of acknowledgment, but it was lost in a sob at the same moment.

------------

"I'm not doubting her ability, and a kind but firm hand is probably what Miles needs. But, that doesn't mean that she could stand up to some of the magic tricks we've seen Miles pull. Especially the more subtle ones. He broke out of Zone Jail without anyone noticing for starters," clarified Ziona.

"He got some help... If you know what I mean." said glen."Without hope, and his magic tricks, He won't be able to cause more ruckus than the ones he'll come up with in his brain..."

"Don't worry, she'll be there soon."

Skye nodded slowly. "I'm so so sorry Dad. Can you tell Mom and Melody that?"

--------

"He still has his magic tricks Glen. And even without Hope I suspect he'd have been able to escape."

"She tamed worse than him. i fully trust her to make someone out of this cub."

-------------------------------

"You"ll tell them yourself."said Locke."They'd prefer to hear it from you."

"I don't think I can bring myself to face them," said Skye.

-------------

"Really? Are you sure?" asked Melody. Anna paused, and shook her head.

"No. But maybe this time he understood. He seemed to." Anna looked around for a change of subject and spotted the book. "Do you want me to read a story now?" she asked.

"I guess that's kinda up to Hope," said Melody, looking at he friend questioningly.

-----------

"If he doesn't magically warp her mind into becoming his personal servant."

"A old general tried once. he quickly gave up when he received a punch right between the eyes.They though they could control her, but she focused her mind on one thing : the beatdown she would give to the bastard who ever got that idea in the first time. That was the most satisfying thing I have ever seen in my entire life ."

-----------------------------------

"You have no reason to be affraid skye." said Locke.

"I'm not afraid. But I don't want to see their faces. I don't want to see what they must think of me now," said Skye.

-------------

Anna nodded and picked up the book.

"Okay Hope. Drop by when you can, please," said Melody.

-------------

Ziona looked thoughtful. "What do you think Zamy?" she asked.

"Red loves you no matter what. and melody is your sister. none of them would bring themselve to abandon you skye."

---------------------------------

"The only problem tho.. was that she can't have any children.... So there might be occasions where she might act a bit too sweetly around Miles... not that much, but It's better to bring it up, just in case."

"Will do," said Hope as she headed back to Shadow and Rouge.

---

"I honestly don't know. The Zone itself is a concern, as is Miles' continued use of magic like you say. I guess it'd be up to the board in the end," said Zamy.

"I know they won't leave me. But I must be such a... disappointment to them. To lose that much control... I don't want to see that look"

--------------

Melody waved after Hope as she left, then lay down and shut her eyes as Anna began reading.

--------------

"And in some ways Miles himself. If he can actually be trusted in this program," commented Ziona. "If he genuinely wants to change."

"In the end, I can always try to contact her. As I said, she is retired now. And after 50 years of service for the DEL, she sure deserved a rest... Sweet aurora, My father sure knew the strangest people... not that I'm better now."

--------------------------------------

"They would never have such a look about you."

"Can you be sure? I suppose only if I go and talk to them," said Skye.

--------------

Anna was reading through the story, while Melody was listening with a smile. But as the story went on something began worming its way into Anna's head. Something about this book was slightly familiar. And there was something else...

"Anna? What's wrong? You've stopped," said Melody.

"I've just remembered... something that might be important... at least, important to someone. I'll be right back ok? I need to talk to Zamy and Ziona again." Anna ran out of the infirmary leaving a confused Melody behind.

-----------

"As long as you tell her nothing is certain yet. And just how dangerous this boy can be," said Ziona. She glanced up the corridor to see Anna running back.

"Well, if we get lucky, we might have to tell her the truth.... hey, wait a minute...Didn't red told something about a trinket ?" Asked Glen.

"The only way to know is to ask Skye. It's better than making ideas that darken your days."

Skye tried to stand, but seemed to lack the straight to do so. "Can you help me Dad?" he asked.

--------------

"Nothing's wrong. Just the opposite maybe. I remember something that might help Miles. But, uh, I'd need to make a quick trip to Moebius," said Anna.

--------------

"Trinket.... Trinket...?" mused Ziona. "Wait, she showed Miles something like that back at the fairground."

"I'm pretty she said Something about magic-repelling ability or some stuff like that...."

---------------------------

Locke gave Skye his hands."Here, grab my hand."

Skye reached out and grabbed Locke's hand. "Thank's Dad!"

--------------

"We'll need to wait until she wakes up before we can ask her," said Ziona, keeping half and ear open with what Anna was saying.