The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"How can you be so sure? Is he dead?"

-------------

Miles tried to smile, but with his pain wasn't able to.

"You know... I... I never liked being called Miles," he confessed. "I always preferred Tails."

"I knew you changed because of Scourge. But when he left, why didn't you go back?" asked Anna.

"I thought... I thought people would take me more seriously," admitted Miles. "What about you?"

"Me?"

"You've changed your name to. Please, tell me the truth. Do you prefer you new name?"

"Yes," replied Mina, without even needing to think.

"Why?"

"Because it was chosen by someone who actually cared about me. And so was yours," she pointed out.

"What... what do you mean?" asked Miles.

"Can you remember your parents.... Tails?" she asked.

------------

"Maybe later," teased Ziona

Zamy flipped a coin as she waited. "What do you reckon Miles'll get in jail?" she asked Ziona.

"I... didn't have parents Mi... Anna," said Miles. He was a little surprised to see Anna suddenly burst into tears. "What's wrong?"

"You did have parents Tails. You used to talk about them often. And they did care for you deeply," Anna explained. Miles shook his head.

"No. You're wrong. I-I didn't..." Miles protested

"You did," Anna interrupted. "I think... I think you gave up your memories when you gave me my speed."

------------

"One helluva beating," replied Ziona dryly. She looked at Zamy. "Honestly, with the number of charges from this case, not to mention the jail break itself, he could well be an old man when he's released. If he's released."

"I... I did?" pondered Miles as he thought back. "I... I remember giving up memories, but not what they were."

"You gave them up for me," said Anna. "You meant it for the best. But... without those memories... you..." Anna shook her head. "And it twisted me too, made me crave more... That action.... We should have know... Trying to do a selfless act on Moebius, that it would turn out wrong. That's what destroyed us in the end Miles. The very thing that brought us together."

Miles turned over, not wanting to look at Anna.

"What are you wanting me to do? I don't think an apology is gonna work."

"I want you to find some way to remember. Get those memories back. The only true happy memories you have. And, maybe then, you will start to like the name Miles again."

--------------

Ziona glanced back towards the cell. "I know I shouldn't, but part of me feels sorry for him."

"I would if it wasn't for the kidnapping of Shadow and anti-Shadow in the hopes they'd get autopsied by Robotnik. That's just..." Zamy shuddered.

A small tear rolled down Miles' face. "I'll try, for you," he replied.

"And there's something else. I know you won't want to hear it..." Anna begun.

"Don't say it. Please don't say it. Why can't we be together?" Miles pleaded.

"Because... Because I don't love you," said Anna, causing Miles to curl up, and he made no more attempts to hide his tears. "You're my friend Miles, but that's all."

"But what about... when I'm older? And isn't us together... the kids... our future... isn't that what happens?" he asked desperately.

"I don't know. Maybe," Anna confessed. "But you can't force this now. And... the person you are... Your ambition, your desire to scheme, conspire and rule... None of that appeals to me know. I actually... I hate it."

-------------

"You're right. That's unforgivable," replied Ziona.

"Agreed. How much you want to bet Anna's gonna try and plead his case to us?"

Dylan was still inside the infirmary not knowing what to do next

"Everything is forgivable Zionna."Said Glen."The kid lived in a hellhole... He had to become tougher to survive. and worse, the only good memories he ever had are gone....There is nothing left for him, and you are going to send him back in a nightmarish place. They'll eat him alive girls. And he doesn't deserve that."

-------------------------------

"Because he'll never be able to hurt you ever again." answered locke.

---------------------------------

"Bored ?" asked Sabre to dylan.

"He can't?" asked Skye, poking his head out from under the bed.

--------------

"Anna should have been back by now," said Melody, starting to sound worried. She shivered slightly. "You don't need to hang around if you don't want to Dylan. I'm not sure where everyone else is."

-------------

"You hate me?" whispered Miles.

"No. No I don't. But parts of who you are... yes. And... and I'm not sure you can change, even if it was the only way. I'm sorry Tails," Anna replied. She stood up.

"Don't wait for me. Try and find someone else."

"Anna!", said Miles, turning back to face her.

"Yes?"

"Please. Have the best life you can. Don't waste it."

"I won't Tails. I promise."

----------

"Even if the only penalty was having to give up milkshakes for a day I'm not taking that bet!" said Ziona. "And No-Zone jail isn't a nightmare Glen."

"No. I do want to hang around until I'm more certain that everything will be okay. I'm not sure where the others ae either but I'm sure they will be fine"

"Yeah. Rvents like these are rare," added Zamy.

Hope headed to the infirmary and handed Melody the book. "Anna's a little busy right now but she'll be back any minute to read this to you. I'd ask if you're ok but it's a bit redundant right now," she said sadly.

"Zionna. If I can't forgive him, how could I forgive myself ?" asked glen.

-------------------------------------

"He won't, never again." added Locke.

---------------------------------------

"They must be around Haven." answered Sabre.

Skye emerged fully from under the bed and sat on the ground, knees tucked slightly in, tails wrapped around him and head bowed.

--------------

"If you're sure Dylan," replied Melody as Hope arrived. Melody smiled at seeing her friend despite the situation. She grinned as she read the books title. "I was worried she'd gotten lost. Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that I should get my legs back. The bad news..." Melody gulped and her smile vanished. "It's gonna be a few days at best, and I'm gonna need to relearn how to walk... and run."

--------------

Anna knelt down and hugged Miles.

"Goodbye Anna," said Miles quietly.

"Goodbye Tails. But I'll try and keep in touch," Anna replied. She tried to sand up, but Miles held on for a second or two longer before letting go.

---------------

"There's a difference between forgiveness and letting off scot-free, Glen," said Ziona as Anna walked out of the cell.

"Ziona, Zamy? Can I talk to you about Ta... Miles?" Ziona glanced towards Zamy.

"Well at least you'll get back on your feet. I know physio can be tough, but it beats the alternative. I should think Anna can help you out as well," said Hope, glad Melody would be ok.

---

Zamy sighed. "Go for it Anna."

"This is not about letting him go..." said Glen."not at all..."

---------------------------

Locke went in."It's a promise Skye. Your past will never haunt you again."

----------------------------

"It seems so indeed."

"But can everyone else forgive me?"

-----------

"Yeah, Anna really does want to help out. I think she wants to make up for, you know, the whole possible future thing," said Anna. "And you can help me out too right?" Melody glanced at Sabre. 'Fancy working on a few modification for a wheelchair?' Melody thought with a grin.

------------

"I know you two won't want to hear this but... Is there anything you, I or Miles could do get get a reduced sentence. Or even better, some kind of program like me, Melody and Skye are on?" Anna asked desperately.

"I can try, but nothing too dangerous. I want to help you, not hospitalise you," joked Hope.

----

"Those programs need someone eligible to be willing to take him, but I doubt anyone would. We could always see I suppose. As for a reduced sentence, that's nigh impossible unless he has any solid mitigating circumstances," explained Zamy.

"Okay. I'll leave out the request for rocket launchers then," laughed Melody.

------------

"I'm guessing being obsessed with me isn't mitigating?" asked Anna

"That's a start," said Hope, laughing.

----

"It could be classed as a psychiatric disorder if diagnosed, which might move him out of the Jail itself. Diminished responsibility because of mental health csn either reduce sentences once treatmemt is done or lead to indefinite detention, depending on the condition. So it's that or find a suitable adopter and wait for the board to make a verdict," explained Zamy, inwardlu cursing her legal requirement to explain this.

"And I'm guessing being jet propelled is out too?" continued Melody.

------------

"I don't think it's a disorder, but it's worth trying," said Anna. "But I don't know who would want to adopt him."

"I'm afraid so. That would need some serious insurance," joked Hope.

----

"I think it might be, and neither can I."