The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Just a quick trip to find something. You see, Miles and I had a few hideouts and in one, before we did the giving me speed ritual thing, well, I was, uh... kinda looking through his stuff... And he had this children's book of fairy stories, and inside, he'd also hidden a photograph. It was him at like 5 or 6, and there were to adult foxes as well, his parents I think. I wanted to see if I could find that book and photo, and give them back. Help him remember his parents," Anna explained.

"So the sooner the better..." Said glen."Because it seems Anna is already planning something of her own."

----------------------

"Let's get to them now. I'm sure Tikal must be here as well."

"I hope so," said Skye, holding onto Locke as he tried to leave his room

------------

"Yeah, but her plan doesn't sound sinister at all," said Ziona.

"Don't worry,we'll be here soon, and you'll see for yourself."

---------------------------------

"Sure. but I say we get someone to keep an eye on her, just in case..."

"Where are they?" asked Skye.

-----------

"Unless he's moved it I know exactly where he stashed it. And I suspect the existence of the book was one of the memories that got taken by the spell," explained Anna.

-----------

"I'd agreed with that Glen, don't worry," said Ziona.

"Before he goes please," said Ziona. "I want him to have some hope before being thrown in jail. It might make all the difference."

"Sure thing," said Anna as she gave the co-ordinates. "If you want to go about 5 meters down as well, that would save us even more time."

Zamy nodded and calibrated her teleporter before activsting it, taking them to the hideout on Moebius.

The two of them arrived in the middle of a little hideaway bunker, disturbing a layer of dust as they arrived, causing Anna to sneeze a little. She looked around and shivered, rubbing her hands together.

"Maybe I shouldn't have come here... walking right back into my past..."

"It's ok. We're the only ones here, and you're just here to get the book. Quick and easy, don't dwell on it."

"I know, I know... Just please don't look around," said Anna heading to one of the doors. It creaked nosily on it's hinges as she opened the door and went into the room. The room was mostly spartan, except for a stack of books in one corner, a chest of drawers against one wall, and a small bed, that Anna knelt down next two, feeling underneath.

She gave a cry of surprise and drew back her arm swiftly, before giving a nervous laugh as a small spider scuttled out from the other side of the bed.

"Now where do think Anna has gotten to?

"Well, of she went... let's hope for the best." spoke Glen.

-------------------------

"Here we are skye." Locke opened the door, only for tikal to come in right after them, along with the younger Red.

"I have no idea Dylan. I think it was something to do with the book, but I dunno," said Melody. She looked up as the doors opened, and gave a start as Skye appeared with Locke.

"Mom? Melody?" asked Skye looking around. Seeing them both in the hospital beds, he tried to turn and leave, starting to cry.

------------

Anna slid her hand back under the bed and a few seconds later gave a happy cry as she withdrew a dusty book. Siting down on the side of the bed Anna gently blew the dust off the cover, revealing it to be, as she'd claimed, a book on fairy stories. Opening it carefully, she looked through the pages until she found what she was looking for. A picture of Miles grinning happily while sitting on his father's shoulders while his mother looked on happily. Anna looked at the picture with a sad smile.

------------

"I doubt Zamy would agree if it wasn't," said Ziona.

"Skye, don't leave. i'm sure they'd want to talk to you. Please?" asked Locke.

Tikal wanted to help skye, but she felt that right now, he needed the help of his familly more than hers.

-------------------------

"Heh, guess you are right, cutie-cop."

"Do you?" asked Skye, shutting his eyes again, not aware that Tikal was there as well.

"Skye... I... I dunno," said Melody unhappily.

-----------

"I try to be Glen," said Ziona, leaning into Glen.

Red was slowly starting to wake up as she heard skye coming in.

------------------------------

"And so far, it's a perfect run."

"Why are you in the bed Melody? What did I do to you?" asked Skye, still facing away from his sister, eye's shut.

"You... I... I can't move my legs Skye," said Melody. Skye buckled and collapsed to his knees.

-------------

"I wouldn't quite say that Glen," replied Ziona.

"Skye...there is no way to make disappear the gravity of the situation... but it wasn't completely your fault."

-----------------------

"I guess you are right once again..."

"I'm sorry Melody. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Nothing I can ever do will make up for this," said Skye through his tears.

"Skye," Melody said, instinctively trying to walk over to her brother but falling back on the bed when that failed. She propped herself up again. "Skye, you brought me back from the dead. That more than makes up for this. Even if this was permanent, which it isn't, it would be a small price for still being able to live. I don't blame you Skye. I never will after all you've done for me. I blame that thing that drove you to this."

----------

"It's kinda creepy the way you keep agreeing with me like that... But at least you aren't suggesting adopting a wanted criminal anymore," said Ziona

"Yeeesss...."said Glen in a fake creepy voice.

-----------------------------

"Do you see Skye? She cares about you."