The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"As far as I can tell," replied Hope.

---

"Well I'm not one to blindly believe everything I'm told."

Anna smiled. "That's great. The two of you got on so well. I'd hate to see you fall apart. What happened anyway? Or... would you rather not say?"

-----------

"That makes such a pleasant change. It was almost like academy training included a free brainwashing or something that crazy. Or maybe it's just the people in the beat-cop department."

"She was just snappy because of her headache," replied Hope.

---

"Well that may be the case. I didn't go through regular academy training after all."

"That was it?" asked Anna with surprise, then she started to giggle. "Sorry, I... shouldn't find... this so funny, but it does... seem a little trivial!" she said, embarrassed.

---------------

"You didn't?" replied Ziona with surprise. "Then how did you get in?"

"Well it wasn't, trust me," said Hope.

----

"I got in because of my interest and work in psychology. They put me in the liaison role because of it."

"I'm sorry," repeated Anna. "Do you want me to slap Mel for being an overreacting &!£@#?"

------------

"Straight into the job? Wow, good for you. But then, it's not like there's a multitude of jobs in No-Zone," said Ziona

------------

Miles wandered slowly to the canteen door, counting down the seconds. "3... 2... 1..." The prisoner shift bell began ringing,

"No it's fine. I gave her a good yelling to."

---

"Yesh. I think it was just a case of them needing people like me at the time."

---

Hope heard the bell and dprang into action, heading for the warden's office through the crowd of prisoners.

"Good. I suspect she needed it. But... I think see might not be used to how to treat friends, so you may need to be patient with her sometimes."

--------

"That must have been just before the war started then?" asked Ziona.

--------

Miles also made his way to the office. As he walked he managed to palm an access card from one of the guards, and subtly used his magic to alter it's access level.

"A question? Of course my dear." Said Locke.

---------------------

Spectre chao controlled the little group back to the island.

----------------------

Glen said Nothing, letting the girl getting to know each other better.

"Well, uh, you might not be so happy when I ask it," replied Melody, keeping her voice low. "But, erm, well, the two of them seemed to go from hardly even spoken to each other to full on 'wuvy' in just a few hours. I know my brother can be kinda sappy, but that seemed too much even for him. So, uh... did Tikal use some kinda weird Echidna voodoo on him or something?"

"No"Said Locke, sighing.... He had to do the "talk" once to knuckles... And now Melody. You'd think Miles and Mina would have done so themselve...."It's an echidna thing... the soul touch. it lead Tikal toward the one who truly loves her."

Melody cocked her head. She'd been expecting Locke to tell her to stop being silly, or a similar reaction.

"Soooo, it is an Echidna Voodoo thing, but one all Echidna's do subconsciously?" She asked. "I wouldn't have thought it'd affect non-Echidna's though."

"Don't ask me... blame the godess of the echidna. "Said locke"And no, it's something else alltogether."

"Something else altogether? You're making it sound worse!" joked Melody.

"No it's not."Said Locke."Most of us don't have any hindsight to find someone to love. This little thing help us."

"That sounds dreadful. Especially if you happen to be the target of unwanted affection. Good thing we humans lack such quirks," said Hope.

---

"Yes it was just before the war. I was lucky."

-----

Hope kept her eye on the warden's office, waiting for her chance to slip in when a guard went in or out.

"I'm guessing it only works if the attraction would go both ways," said Melody to Hope. "But I dunno if Skye would like the idea of it."

-------------

"With your position I'm guessing you were never on the front lines?" asked Ziona.

-------------

Miles arrived outside the warden's office. He had once again cast his perception spell, to stop people from noticing him. Seeing Hope, he caught her eye, breaking the spell for her, and showed her the keycard he was carrying. He mouthed the word 'hacked' while holding it.

"It's still a very odd trait."

---

"No I didn't. My friends went in, whether they werevregular cops or SWAT. Haven't heard from them in a while."

-----

Hope saw Miles with the key card and hanged back, waiting for him to use it.

"Oh, I'm not going to argue with that. I wounder if it's what makes them so 'wuvy' as well?" pondered Melody.

------------

While the other girls were discussing, Anna went over to Shadow. "Can I talk with you for a moment?" she asked.

------------

"I'm.. I'm sorry. I've... I've got some friends who're in charge of personnel. I could ask them if they know what happened with your friends?" Ziona offered.

-----------

Miles walked over to the door and slid the keycard. For a few tense seconds, nothing happened. Then the light flicked green. Miles smirked.

"It might be. Unfortunately for us."

---

"Very well," replied Shadow.

----

"It's ok. I'll know soon enough. Sometimes it takes a while for mail to get back."

---

Hope rushed into the warden's office and pulled out her syringe, jabbing it into his neck and pressing down the plunger to sedate him. She then headed to his console to release the doors on the evidence room.

"Hmm, actually I dunno. I haven't seen any other Echidna's acting that way," said Melody.

---------

"It's just, I, uh... I wanna apoligise for what I did to you... The copying your powers thing and... uh... I'm gonna ask Skye if he can somehow undo it," said Anna awkwardly.

---------

"I hope it'll be good news," Ziona replied.

---------

Miles gave a surprised look at how viciously Hope moved, another feeling of doubt creeping into his mind. Shaking his head to clear it, Miles walked into the office and sealed the door behind him. He joined Hope at the console.

"Once you've got into the evidence room, I'll hack into the system, and create what havoc I can to cover our tracks, and set our destination."

"Fair point "

---

"Do you know if it's even possible?" asked Shadow.

------

"As do I. It wasn't exactly ehat they signed up for."

----

Hope unlocked the room then headed out of the office.

"Alright then. I just need to grab some of my equipment."

(Ooc: i lost internet and dont know when it'll be back. On my phone right now, but extremely hard to navigate to continue, plus the data usage will get used up.)

Knuckles quickly places Kali next to the Master Emerald and then looks to the mountain.

"I'm going to revive Astraea and ask her a few things." He says to Spectre as he turns and heads for the volcano

"Don't either."Said Locke."it's just a thing like that. Thinking too hard about it is never a good idea."

---------------------------------

"Alright,I'll wait here for you to come back." Said Spectre.

-------------------------------------

Glen unconsciously put his arm around Zionna.

(Don't worry knux. it'll be back)

"I know, if you want to land at any given time, I can help you with that." Kayl said politely, smiling and a bit proud, "Well, it's morning, if you are not sleepy, mind some breakfast?"