The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

Skye looked for a while at the now empty breakfast tray, then at Tikal thoughtfully. "Tikal. Can I ask you something? But, it might be a bit uncomfortable."

-------------

"Heh, alright Dad," laughed Melody, "we'll stop thinking about it. I doubt either of us will even need to worry about it after all. Certainly not Hope!"

--------------

"I... I don't know," admitted Anna. "But I gained your powers through a ritual, and my speed as well for that matter. So magic should be able to remove them as well."

-------------

Although Ziona had been trying to avoid showing Zamy how close she and Glen were, the talk of the war had distracted and upset her slightly. In fact, as Glen placed his arm, she leaned in closer to him for comfort without realising.

"I don't think any of us did," she replied to Zamy.

--------------

Miles nodded and begun hacking into the computer, starting with the suppression collar controls. There was a small click as his and Hope's collar unlocked.

Hope laughed. "No, definitely not me."

-----

"So long as we can verify it's safe. I wouldn't want anything to happen to you just for this," said Shadow.

----

"Yes... ahem. Are you two, together, if you don't mind my asking?" asked Zamy, as she noticed the two leaning on one another.

----

Hope's collar dropped to the floor as she ran outside, making her way to the evidence room not too far away. Subduing the guard inside she took his keycard and found the belongings she had with her when she was captured. A vial containing a green liquid, a belt with a device on the buckle which she put on, and a medium sized black box.

"So shall we head to the beach then?" Melody asked Hope.

------------

"I'm sure we can have a talk with Skye about it," said Anna.

------------

Ziona jumped slightly, not expecting the question. She considered denying it for a moment, then came to the conclusion that it would be better just to get it out into the open.

"I.. We.. er, yeah, we are," she admitted, going slightly more red.

------------

Miles managed to reach the prison record files and began wiping them. As they were deleting, he accessed the controls for the Zone Portal in the office.

"Sure let's go."

-----

"Yes, but it's probably best to wait until he's done doing whatever he is currently," replied Shadow.

----

"I see. Well given the manic circumstances you've described it doesn't surprise me something like this would happen. Just be glad I'm not in Internal Affairs yet," joked Zamy.

----

Hope headed back to the office with her things.

"Is everything ready?"

Melody nodded and walked over to Anna.

"Ready to go?" she asked.

"Uh... Yeah, I am," replied Anna, then she turned to Shadow. "I'll be at the beach. Gimme a shout when Skye appears."

------------

Ziona gave a nervous laugh. "I.. uh... wasn't really sure. It wasn't mentioned in the beat-cop training, and I wasn't shown the regs for long term assignments."

------------

"Almost," replied Miles, looking at the screen. "Where do we want to go? We could go to Moebius, but when they work out your missing, they'll probably start searching there. Or straight to the Prime Zone, but they'll likely suspect that's where I'm going. There is a nearby Zone that has portal technology and, you might find this interesting, until recently was inhabited by were-hogs."

Shadow nodded to Anna as Hope stood by the door.

------

"Generally speaking your superiors wouldn't look kindly on it, it could distract you, they'd say."

----

"Were-hogs? I've never even tried capturing one, vile beasts they are. But that looks like the best place to set up. Hopefully I can acquire tools there for my work as I can't return home yet."

(ooc: Please tell me they are just passing through this zone. I wasn't planning on bringing back the fallen Guardian before a long while.)

Glen Blushed as well"I guess she caught us red Handed." He said."Meh, I prefer living my love with someone under the sun, rather than hidden."

----------------------

"a question?" Asked Tikal,"Which one?"

(ooc: They are prob setting up a small temporary base. But that doesn't mean the fallen guardian need to appear at all.)

"Well, I was wondering, uh..." Skye shuffled awkwardly. "You seen, you've been eating, sleeping, dreaming. Even breathing. Tikal, are you alive again?"

------------

"What was that about?" asked Melody.

"Nothing important," replied Anna. Melody eyebrow raised slightly.

"Okay then. C'mon girls, to the beach!"

--------------

"Less of a distraction than where I was heading," muttered Ziona under her breath.

---------------

"I sure you will, from what I gathered it sounds like there is a lot of abandoned labs there," replied Miles. "One more question," he asked, opening up the power suppressors tab again while staring intently at the screen. "Do we want to create a riot before we leave?"

Hope headed out of the door as Shadow returned to his room.

----

"I can see some logic to their reasoning, but so long as you focused on your work first it wouldn't be an issue. A pity they wouldn't see it that way."

----

"There seems little point. I don't want anyone else escaping and pitentially ruining my plans," replied Hope before flinging a syringe at Miles.

Tikal though of it for a second."I don't know, really... It just happened like that I guess."

------------------------------

"hush little one."Said glen."I know how you feel about the whole ordeal... We'll find a solution."

"I wonder if there's some way to find out," Skye pondered. He gently took ahold of Tikal's wrist, feeling for a pulse.

--------------

"Last one to fall off get's to choose the first movie we watch tonight," said Melody with a grin as they headed to the beach.

--------------

No longer needing to hide it, Ziona rested her head against Glen's shoulder. "Thanks Glen," she replied, then looked at Zamy. "It's probably more to do with the fact we aren't supposed to leave No-Zone unless we're on a mission. Hard to maintain such a relationship I guess."

-------------

Miles had been suspiciously watching Hope's reflection in the monitor, and ducked out of the way when he saw her sudden movement. The syringe clattered off the screen, and before it landed Miles fried it with a small magical charge. He looked at Hope. "That was pointless Robotnik. As long as you are gonna help me get Mina back, I'll do everything I can to help you. You don't need threats." He turned back warily to the computer and set up the teleport co-ordinates, and a program to wipe them afterwords.

Tikal had a pulse alright."Maybe it's your magic that had a reaction to the emerald...." Said Tikal absent mindedly.

------------------------------------------

"I'm a soldier as well Zionna."Said Glen."I know what to do, and what not to do. For now, you need to shoulder to hang on to. At least, until you are able to carry on on your own."

"Maybe," repeated Skye. "Or maybe the Master Emerald somehow knew we were meant for each other... Or does that sound too sappy?"

-----------

"Wow, the beach is a lot busier during the day," remarked Anna.

"You can here at night?" asked Melody.

"With Crowley," Anna replied. Melody shot Hope a look. 'Do you think it worked?' she thought

-----------

"I never wanted to be a solder," said Ziona sadly.

-----------

"Records erased. Co-ordinates set. We're ready to go," said Miles, heading to the portal, scowling a little at Hope.

Melody shrugged. 'Shame. But you are very pessimistic. You know that?' She fiddled with the ring a bit. "How did you turn this on again?"

------------

Ziona shook herself slightly. "Sorry about that. Can I get you anything Zamy?"

------------

Miles watched the countdown on the screen as it reached zero and the teleporter activated.

"I prefer realistic," thought Hope as she held the ring out in front of her. "I'm not quite sure," she replied.

---

"No I'm fine thank you."

----

Hope looked around the dingy building they appeared in. "This has certainly seen better days."

"Don't feel like that."said Glen."We are here for you. You aren't alone."he squeezed her hand.

------------------------

"I don't know..."said Tikal."You make it sound like the master emerald has a mind of it's own."

"Well, we subconsciously channeled our thoughts through it, I dunno," said Skye with a smile. "I don't care about the how. I only worry about the yes or the no. But it seems like a yes."

-------------

"Maybe you need to think it to work?" suggested Anna. "Or is it magic?"

---------------

Ziona smiled at Glen, squeezing back, then nodded to Zamy. "We should at least get you settled in. We're out of rooms but... eh... well I suppose if Glen and I have been outed we could share..."

---------------

"You should have told me you were hoping for the Ritz, Robotnik," Miles said, talking a look around the building. "Seems empty."

"It's fine. I'm sure I'll be able to find somewhere to stay," replied Zamy.

---

"Good, then it will do nicely for a temporary base. Now where is this portal technology?"

"I don't mind sharing at all."Said Glen, drinking from a glass."I'm an open man after all."

----------------------------

"Indeed. The important is that it's working." Said Tikal.

"And that it never stops," continued Skye, leaning in to give Tikal a kiss.

----------

"Hmm." Melody concentrated on the ring for a second and suddenly a board appeared under her feet. Shocked, she lost her balance and fell over, the board hovering innocently. "That doesn't count," Melody claimed as Anna laughed.

----------

"If Glen and I shared you could have my room. Or we can ask Locke to book you a room on the floor below... Wait, I'm being an idiot. Zet's room. He won't be using it now."

-----------

"I picked some of it up on the sensors when I used the teleporter. There was a signal about half a mile north east of here. It looked like that base was in ruins too, but I didn't want to take the risk of beaming straight there if it was guarded," explained Miles.

Hope laughed. "Truly you are the master of the finesse and balance."

----

"That'll work nicely."

---

"Very well, lead the way."

"I though I could share my bed with two girl...guess I was wrong.."Said Glen.

---------------------------

"Thank you." said Tikal, before returning the kiss.

"I don't know what I'd do without you," said Skye quietly.

---------

"Oi! I am to! Just not when I'm suddenly thrown into the air," complained Melody as she stood up, Anna now doubling over with laughter. "Let's see you too do better."

---------

"His room was this one here," said Ziona, leading the way, giving Glen a playful slap on the back of his head as she stood up.

--------

Miles nodded and began setting off.