The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Ok then." Shadow chaos controlled the trio to GUN HQ. After a short walk they arrived at Hope's room. Shadow entered and found the still sleeping Hope. He gently called her name, and prodded her in the arm. She slowly awoke, turning in her sheets and mumbling. "Urgh... hi Shadow. You need something?"

"We're getting breakfast. You in?" he replied.

"Sure. Just carry me there, I'm too tired to walk."

Shadow gently picked her up and led the others to the cafeteria. Hope gave them a little wave when she saw them. "Morning Rouge. Morning Skye." she muttered.

Glen was quietly eating his bowl of cereal . "Ah, now , THIS is the life. Vacation just like I want them. And after that.... Oh well, I have all the time in the world to think about it ." Said Glen.

"Indeed , don't be too hasty ."Said Locke."And you dylan, any plan for today? appart from glanning anymore information from the zone cops that is.After all , There already is a member of the brotherhood on it."

I was hoping to get my teleporter back, so that I could check if everything's okay in my zone. I wasn't planning on doing anything with the zone cops

"G-good morning Hope," Skye waved back, then he whispered to Rouge.

"Nothing s-seems to p-phase her does i-it Auntie Rouge. She didn't c-care about me c-calling Shadow u-uncle at the b-beach or m-me changing c-colour since then."

-------------------

"Technically Glen," said Zoina casually leaning against the door from which she just emerged, "Zet is in GUN HQ with them, so there is a Zone Cop nearby. Where did you leave your teleporter Dylan?"

I haven't had it since I woke up from being unconscious. Locke claims to know where it is

"Actually , I was talking about a zone cop that could recover and send back information . While I'm sure he might be a competent worker , If he is in artificial sleep, he won't be able to do much."Said Glen."By the way, nice pyjama. the little flowers really are a nice touch."

"Well Dylan, maybe you can eventually get another back later don't you think ? It's either at haven , or ...." Locke remembered what Happenned to dylan's house ."I hope the schematics for teleporter were in the salvaged items I could recover , or else you'll be in trouble."

"Ha I think you're right Skye. Though Shadow most likely spilled his guts to her when he went off the other night, so she probably already knew." replied Rouge. Meanwhile Shadow had put Hope in a chair and gave her a cup of tea. As he left to get his breakfast, she took a few sips and felt much less groggy. "Much better. So Skye, how are you coping with everything? New Zone and all that."

"Pretty g-good, thank y-you Hope. Everyone s-seems to b-be very.... w-well, nice here, and h-helping me and Melody f-fit in. Though there a-are a f-few niggles t-to work out."

-------------------------

"Not a set of mine Glen, compliments of the hotel. I haven't had a chance to head home and pack properly yet. I just hope they arrange something soon. In the meantime, if you want a lift to your Zone Dylan, my teleporter is still working."

"It would be better if he lays low for a while . I'm sure they are expecting him to go back to what's left of his house .But let me pass a call." Locke use a phone."Spectre ? yes ? Hello. Yes, I'm fine. Yes she won't use the target unless she ask for it. Oh please , don't deny it , You like that little moongoose more than you are willing to tell. By the way, could you do something for me ? Yes , the thing about the porcupine . You already got it ? What ? how many people ? they must not have saw you coming . Anyway thank you . Have a nice day."

Locke put back the phone. "It's all taken care of . the brotherhood really is as efficient as one might think."

"Well , you still looks good in it at least . And I enjoy seeing nice things , you should know that by now." Said Glen.

"I'm sure you will. Most people here are pretty nice. And at least you don't have the world's most evil genius as your uncle." Shadow soon returned carrying 2 trays. His own having scrambled egg, bacon, sausauges, hashbrowns and belgian waffles on a side plate, the other a similar mix which he gave to Hope. "You know what I have for breakfast?" she asked quizzically.

"Of course. You have the same thing this time every week. So does the commander, and pretty much everyone else. We're all creatures of habit." he replied, as Rouge got up and went to get her own.

"Nah, I've j-just got an e-evil genius for a Father. W-what's that saying? Y-you can p-pick y-your friends...."

-------------------------------

Ziona shook her head slowly with a look that said 'your not still trying are you?'. "Sounds like they got your teleporter back. But if you want to make a trip home you might want a disguise."

"Haha. I'm with you there. At least he can't get anywhere near you in this Zone. And thank you Shadow."

Rouge soon returned with her own food and started to eat, giving Shadow the occassional kick in the shin to express her displeasure at him not getting it for her.

"I only have 2 hands," he protested, to which she responded with a mischievous smile.

"Heh. E-even if he c-could, I d-don't need to w-worry for t-thirty years or s-so." Skye pointed to Shadow and Rouge. "Do t-they always act l-like this together?"

Glen answered with a look that said "Because why the heck not?" "A disguise? Well, Dylan could at least wait a weeks or two. After all, it's only been less than three days since that.... operation of yours." Said Glen

"When they're not on mission, yes. It's pretty funny to watch. That smile of her's lets her get away with a lot of things Shadow wouldn't normally ignore. I think her sense of humour has rubbed off on him."

"F-funny to w-watch? S-sense of humour? I-I never p-pictured Uncle Shadow a-and A-auntie Rouge as a-a comedy d-double act."

------------------------------

Ziona's returning look was 'On your own head then'. "You do have a point, but its up to him."

Glen returned said look with another one eaning "You are like, totally mad.I like that with a woman". "Well, I know, But if they get him.... "

"Well what I mean is it's funny seeing Shadow react so... passively. Anyone else aside from me, and he'd snap at them in an instant. She's the exception, not the rule, and that's what I find somewhat amusing in small bites. If you watched them for a whole day I doubt it'd be particularly funny." Rouge turned her head to Hope and Skye. "Yes I suppose it is pretty funny watching the Ultimate Lifeform lose an argumemt with me. Then again, he knows I'm joking."

"Heh, I c-can see w-why," giggled Skye. "But h-he know's your j-jokeing?" Skye shrugged and shook his head. "I g-guess that's one of t-those grown u-up things."

----------------------

Ziona just rolled her eyes,

Glen Was happy. "And another victory for thewaahhhhh----" Until he slipped and fell down head first on the floor. "ouch,I think something is broke.... Ah yes, my dignity."

Salvage? What are you not telling me about my house?!

(ooc: I was hoping to look through the remains of my house and salvage it myself. I guess I won't be doing that)

(ooc: Well, Spectre only looked through what he could before leaving. That only mean a bunch a thing, yourr teleporter... Whatever you want in fact. Then, he didn't got to search with more details. And there is the basement...)

"Huh, Dylan, I'm sorry to tell you this but...." Locke took a serious face."They burned down your house. I don't know the full extent of the damage, bt Spectre was able to salvage some items here and there. But he also told me that the basement was still there ." Locke looked toward the window." If you want , you can always have a look in there, But I cannot say you might like what you'll see."

"It's all in the body language. You'll get it when you're older." replied Rouge, as Tower walked over. "Hello Shadow. Back for the breakfast I see. I hope you're enjoying your time off." Tower then noticed Skye. "Well this is unexpected."

*Thinks for a few minutes*

Where are these items and where is my teleporter, I'm going back

"I.. uh... h-hello there." Skye lowered his voice to a whisper. "Am I-I s-supposed to salute?" he asked the table.

-------------------

"Just as long as you don't go alone. Or at least keep an open coms channel."