The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"After what happenned, They'll kill me anyway. I know too much now. This is why I asked you about a nice place to hang out..." The guard looked sad. "Not like I have anythiing of value anymore here."

"I'm sure we can sort something out. We can cross that bridge when we're out of here." Shadow extended his hand to the guard. "You have a name?"

The guard smiled a bit . " A name? peoples call me Glen.And friends call me Sixty.And about the Bridge, If the place has already been that breached, they are going to...." BAM "Blow it up....Anyways, there is still the ship bay. We can get out of here there."

"Don't worry about that. We have our ways, eh Crowley?" Shadow helped the guard up and began to lead them up the maintenance shaft. "It's a long climb to the ground floor, but it should be safe. As soon as we're clear of the compound we can either teleport to the others, or go back to Haven."

Grinning from what Locke had said, Melody bent down to join her brother as he worked on the Syphon. "I can see why you like Dad so much."

"Huh, what'd ya say?" Skye poked his head out and looked confused at his sister.

"Oh never-mind. You just stick your head back inside that machine of yours." Melody turned away and began muttering. "See if I care about you ignoring me."

"Good idea,But with my broken leg, i won't be able to go far... Maybe by limping?"

"Oh great. Things just keep getting better. If your arms still work, hang on to me and try not to squirm too much. I've come too far to plummet to my death now."

"Don't worry, it's not like it's the first time that I hurted myself...I have some painkiller; should fight of the pain for a while...."

Shadow helped him onto the ladder and went behind him, ready to grab him if he fell. They were going slower than expected as Glen was only using one leg, but at that pace they would still make it out around dawn. When they eventually made it to the ground floor, Shadow let them rest for a few minutes after the long climb as they planned their next move. "Ok, we'll get to the others and see if we can lend a hand. I'll need to deactivate the Ark's security systems so when they try to mount the syphon they aren't torn to shreds by the turrets."

"Oh, hi there Shadow, Done with anyhthing You had to do in the Base? Because, I'm done with my teleporter."Locke said through his Radio.

"Everything's fine here. Don't go to the Ark just yet or the security system will butcher you. I'll need to get up there and reprogram it. At the moment only I'm identified as friendly. It won't take long once I'm up."

"Ok.If you are done, just send back everyone at Dylan's, It'll help prepare our next move while you take care of the security."

Crowley took hold of Red and Glen then teleported them to Dylan's house. Shadow pulled out a small device, inputted a code and was teleported up to the Ark control room. He then went to the computer and started to put images of the group into the IFF system so they were cleared for access. With this done he picked up his radio. "You've got the all clear Locke", he said as he gazed down at the planet below.

*Sees Crowley, Red and Glen appear in house*

Hi guys, who's your friend?

"Huh,I guess I'm the new guy, Glen..."

"Thank you Shadow.Now Skye, is your device Ready? If not, tell me when, Because now, I'll have to busy myself with a new customer" Said Locke.

"Customer, that's quickly said." Threw Glen.

"When mister tough guy will be done with his acting, I suppose i'll be able to take care of his broken leg." Answered Locke.

He quickly took some medical instrument took see the gravity of the damage over Glen's body.

"It's ok, Mister Glen, you'll recover. But no running or Stunt for a while." Said Locke.

"It's not like I'm going to move a lot Right?" Asked Glen.

"If What I got is right, You are still in big trouble here, so...."

"Wonderful, i'm all down my luck then. care to take me with you as a political prisonner?" Asked Glen

"Why not? the more the merrier! Knuckles will be happy to see a new face at haven!" Joyfully said Locke.

"Skyyyyye!" Melody called out sweetly. "Skye? SKYE!" The last shout was punctuated by a kick.

"OW! What was that for?"

"Dad wanted to know if you were ready."

"Oh. It's ready for transport now, but still needs a few tweaks before its at 100%"

"then do it , quick! We are leaving once you are done ." Locke said.

"And about me?" Glen asked .

"You are not in state of doing anything, so you are guarding the fort, along with one of the zone cop."

Um... Locke. I have a shield for the house, remember?

Dylan, his leg is broken, and we can't leave him alone anyways.

"That's fine, and he'll be safe here with the shield up. There is something I'd like to ask though.

*Whispers to Locke*

Are you sure we can trust this legionnaire?

"Answer with normal voice" His leg is broken, his own people probably wants to kill him, and he is in your house. Frankly, I have no idea. Which is why until we can take him to haven, he'll stay there with a zone cop for making sure he doesn't do anything suspicious.

"Thank you Dylan. Now, who want to stay in order to take care of our wounded? we are leaving in 20 minutes!!!"

"Hear that Skye? You've got twenty mi... Oh, what's the use?"

Locke walked toward Skye's work "Well mister, you'd be so kind to with with us; after all, it's your machine. So, would you kindly... OPEN YOUR EARS SO WE CAN MOVE ON?"