The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"I'm not complaining, I'm just seeing... It does remind me of my old place though...."

The Zone Cops looked at each other, considering Melody’s request.

“Given the circumstances, I think we should.”

“It’s on your head Ziona,” Zet said dismissively.

Ziona pulled out a remote and activated it, causing both Skye’s and Melody’s collars to drop to the floor. For a moment, it looked as if Melody was preparing to spring and attack the Zone Cops once more, but instead she mumbled a ‘thank you’ and began rocketing around the basement.

"Well, thank you for Giving your trust to these children; These day, they really need some. It might not help right now, but on the long term...." Locke was thinking... Maybe these children would be able to live a better live than the one they once had. Maybe......

"Not too emotional now, Locke. We have a mission, remember?" Dylan said to Locke

Shadow and the others reached the generator room. "Watch my back", he said, as he studied the controls. Deciding to put it out of commission permanently, he placed a thermite grenade on top of the generstor, pulled the pin, and stepped back. As it ignited and bored through the metal, the lights across the facility died, as did all lifts, perimeter fences and electronic locks.

Skye stuck his head put from the home-made machine that currently resembled the inside of a clock radio with delusions of grandeur.

"Do you have a rocket kicking around anywhere? It's be much easier to have this thing work from orbit."

AS the lights gone out, Red pull out some night vision device "Good thing I always have some of those on me. Got yours?"

-------------------------------------------------

"Yes, mister moody councilor..... Excuse Me skye? Maybe we could simply use it on the top of the facility itself. Rather than throw it in Space.Like.... using a chopper, or any flying vehicule..."

"Luckily I do." Shadow pulled out a pair of night vision goggles and put them on. After adjusting to them, he set off back up the corridor. "That should have crippled them. There's no way they can complete their plan now. We should get out of here while we can."

"Space would be better. I has to cover the entire planet after all." Skye disappeared back underneath the machine, his voice now muffled as he held a screwdriver in his mouth. "The closer to the ground it is the more powerful I need to make the draining field, which in turn makes it more unstable."

"Are you thinking that they might Have facilities all around the world To Drain the curse ? That would mean a lot....."

Skye paused.

"Several bases linked together via the power of the Master Emerald in order to expel Dark Gaia across the world simultaneously.... Could be. Dylan, are there many other DEL bases? Could they have a network like that?"

"Well, if the infection was worldwide, that would be the best case.... You might be right about that."

(OOC Can the others hear that conversation on the radio, or is it not being broadcast to us?)

(OOC Ah OK) "If you want the siphon up in space you could use the Ark. It's just sitting there in orbit, might as well do something with it. As for getting it up there, you could always teleport it up."

"Shadow, What a wonderful idea! It will Make us gain an enormous amount of time! At least, now we know there is some brain in this pile of brawn."

"That'll work perfectly... In fact... how safe is the Ark? If I could build this in place it'll give me longer to work at it. I wouldn't need to worry about finishing then moving. I can keep working till the last possible second. I guess it's gonna take me two hours to get this working, three if you want to be certain it'll work."

"Life support and gravity still work perfectly. It's just a little..... dusty. The main body of it is perfectly stable. As long as you don't go to any outer segments you should be fine."

"Three hours? Isn't there any way to make it faster? Because I don't think Shadow and our two friends will be able to buy us that much time."

"Uh... I maybe... might.. possibly have it ready in one. But I really, really wouldn't guarantee it working if that was the case. Unless I was right there to sort any problems instantly."

"I won't know exactly what I need until something breaks, so as many tools and spare parts as we can take or get up there. And as much luck as I can muster, because if I'm next to it when it malfunctions and I can't fix it..."

"Uh, well, actually... This time I want to be alone."

"Are you really sure? I'm supposed to be a tech genius. I can really help."