The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Because... Because if something does happen up there I... I don't want Melody to lose two members of the family." Skye then gave a nervous laugh.

"Besides, I'm the only member of the family who hasn't come back from the dead yet..."

"You don't worry about that. Because we are going back, And because if I don't, the zone cops will gets suspicious. Also, I remember myself saying that I wouldn't let you alone again. And leaving to die, alone, Is something I won't do."

"If.. if you're sure Dad. But if anything happens promise me you'll find a way back to find Melody."

"You're not leaving me behind again."

"Melody, I..."

"Think of it 5 minute. If we make it, everything will be fine. If we don't, everyone is condemned anyways. So tell me, are you really going there alone? No."

"Actually it's not's quite that simple. But I take your point. And no Melody, you are staying."

"You're can't tell me what to do!"

"Please. Stay near the portal. If this world is doomed you'll have a chance to escape. Or, if the DEL succeed and we don't, you'll be safe here,"

"Skye, if we have to do something, we'll have to do it now. Or else, it'll be too late."

"Oh! Ok, yeah. End of the world. I'll get back to work while someone prepares a teleport powerful enough to take us and the syphon to the Ark."

"On it, Do your things. I'm working on that. Thanks the almighty lost echidna technology for that!!!"

"Yes Locke, but how long since you worked with almighty lost echidna technology?"

"I work on it everyday . What do you think Havan is made of ?"

"But you've been pretty busy the past several days"

"And so, just because I don't work on Haven's system for one or two Days doesn't mean i'm suddenly a good for nothing idiot! Now fetch me some tools before I use you as a wrench!!!"

"There's a wrench over Mr grumpy. And there's no need to get cross in front of the kids"

"I'm supposed To work. ANd to work fast. If you don't remember, we have a bunch of peoples, alone, in what is basically a very hungry Lion's Den."

"Let me know when you calm down a little bit"

*Leaves room*

"I know , I know. Stress does that to people..." Locke started to work.

"I hope everyone calms down. We can't fail just because we fall apart at the last second."

"Huh? You say something Melody?"

Locke, even while working, was still quite Talkative. "Don't worry Melody, It's my way of saying that I care about Dylan. Not the best , but I never really had the luck of actually having a soft side....3

Melody gave Locke a playful poke in the ribs while hurtling around the lab.

"Oh, that's a lie and I know it. I saw how you looked at Skye. You couldn't care about someone like my brother if you didn't have a side softer than cotton down. Even if it is buried deep."

Shadow felt something fly just above his head. A Legionnaire had thrown a wrench at a werehog and missed. He quickly returned it to its rightful owner with a loud thump. "How much longer is this syphon gonna take? It's getting pretty hectic down here."

*Takes out radio*

"Shadow, how are things going on your end?"

"Well I just had a wrench thrown at me. The DEL are fighting a losing battle, every time they set up a defensive position, the werehogs overrun them. Pretty soon it'll just be us and the 'hogs. We've cut the power, so there's no movement between levels except through maintenance shafts. As long as there isn't any localised backup power, they csn't spread the Gaia energy from here."

"Okay, so basically everything's going fine. The others are working on the syphon now. Just thought you'd want to know that"

OUCh! bad Kid."That hurt you know? Anyways... i'm not going to act the same way I act with Skye, You , Red and Knuckles.... with Dylan? He is a good friend, not my lover, or my children.... At least, until further proof of the contrary. Now stop running aimlessly, and go fetch me a new battery. With a fake emerald. We need something powerful to make that teleporter work."

edit: That was close.

"I'm not running aimlessly, I'm getting stuff for Skye. One battery coming up." And she sped off.