Shadow

Sonic Universe (Comic Series)

686 posts in this topic

Dont be silly, Archie characters cant get a story. That wouldnt sell cause no one would know its a Sonic story.

In another words every issue needs Sega charaters on a cover. Only Scourge got away with that because he literally green Sonic.

This is the ultimate! ...and the end of another arc. Here are the covers and synopsis for the upcoming Universe Issue #62, the finale to 'Shadow Fall':

sonicuniv62.jpgsonicuniv62var.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE #62

"The EPIC CONCLUSION to the alien-smashing saga starring Shadow the Hedgehog IS HERE! "Shadow Fall" Part Four: Shadow vs. Black Death – for the fate of the world! Who will walk away alive? Who won't make it to see a new day? Meanwhile, Rouge and Omega desperately try to save their G.U.N. comrades as Eclipse hunts them down! All this with a ticking nuclear time-bomb in the background! Don't miss the pulse-pounding conclusion! Featuring new cover art from Tracy Yardley! and a special "CGI" variant by newcomer Sonic superstar Rafa Knight!"

Wow...I thought the Shadow cover was cool, but that Eclipse one is just...Whoa :blink:

Wow, I can't wait to see what Archie has in store for the shadow arc!

Black Death?

Black_Death.png

Oh...

THAT EXPLAIN EVERYTHING . THE SORCER... Ahem, the sorcerers from the knuckle's quest side story weren't really dead , and came back for revenge . That's a totally legit and acceptable Idea.

Does that mean the horse is coming back too ?

Brr.....

not.

Your happy Penders owns those characters?!

Dylan. This Horse was the stuff of nightmare. Sir connery was quite the fella though.

Stuff of nightmares can be interesting too, Locke

But yeah, Sir Connery was cool

Not when it's unwanted.

Sir connery had a very... odd design.

Your happy Penders owns those characters?!

With emphasis on those? Sure, why not. These guys are some of the worst comic has to offer. They random, pointless, and unfitting. Honestly I will more miss Monk and Hunter that these guys.

Hunter came back, then quickly died. I think the big fight on angel Island was supposed to last way longer.

Its finally here. Warning, small spoilers for Sonic 256.

Oddly enough I got to say that off-panel is my favourite part. Aleah Baker makes really great jokes, and artwork worked perfectly . Rouge never looked more adorable.

Well, reading through Part 1 of Shadow Fall, here are my thoughts:

It's a good issue, but nothing amazing. I did like seeing the planet still being affected by the Genesis Wave aftermath at the start of the issue, and the fact that G.U.N. is fully aware of it, too. But I'm not a particular fan of the G.U.N. troopers making fun of Shadow's alien-hybrid backstory (as stupid as it is). The nods to the original game are nice, even though I'd rather forget that game happened. And the new characters... well, we don't really learn anything about them. (But that's first parts for ya.) Overall, an okay start to what looks to be an interesting story arc. Let's just hope that it picks up the pace, especially with 'Countdown To Chaos' ending soon.

My thoughts

Nice story, looks like it's setting itself up for something interesting. The GUN trooper who was making fun of shadow is really asking to get himself either killed or injured.

I never played the Shadow the Hedgehog game, so some of the things mentioned were a surprise to me, such as the paralysis gas. I did know enough to understand most of what happened though.

Eclipse seems like an interesting character but I haven't seen enough of him to know yet

Still, overall I would say I enjoyed it and can't wait for the next one to come out

I thought it was a good starting issue, but like Nega I feel there was nothing particularly amazing about it, and I think I noticed a couple of typos in the speech, but that's besides the point. It was nice to see the nods to the game, which at least shows the writers knew what they were doing. It had fairly decent pacing, I enjoyed seeing Team Dark again and I'm looking forward to the next issue. As for the GUN troops mocking Shadow, I agree they're just begging for their comeuppance.

Well this issue certainly got me interested.

This was a pretty cool beginning to this arc. It's a bit grittier than the usual stories, but at least it's not as stupidly violent as the Shadow the Hedgehog game. Admittedly not much really goes on, but it is just the first parter in this story. I like how they're touching up on Shadow's relationship with the Black Arms and seeing Omega bring the dark humour is a great touch as always. However I'm sort of divided on who I dislike more; the GUN soldiers, or the Black Arms. Because while these aliens are pretty evil, these GUN guys are-like others have said-just asking for it. However they did make one of my favourite parts where Shadow so calmly retorts to their insults. What really makes me so psyched for this arc though are the villains. Black Death seems like a good antagonist, but I feel he's a bit too much like Black Doom. It's Eclipse I've really come to take a shine to. Not only does he have a magnificent design and brings home the creepiness factor, I see lots of potential in him, so I'm just hoping we won't see him get killed. Although from what the solicits say for issue 62, I don't think I can say the same for Black Death.

It's a good start, but it's too early to comment, but it's good to see the black arms have a proper appearance in the comic, rather than their cameo with the xorda.

Edited by Seviper

so read the most recent issue. That was just .......bad. Why would you reference shadow the hedgehog for story idea's, that's like getting inspiration from birdemic. If they keep pulling stuff like this, I'm just going to move on. I never actually said anything about the arc before this which I actually thought was really good. Bean is just so much fun XD

Just because something is bad, it doesn't mean that it can't be turned into something good later on. Though, like many of the others above, I'd say it's too soon to have an adequate feel of quality.

However, one things bugs me...

They knew about the paralysis gas before hand.... why no gas masks?

They knew about the paralysis gas before hand.... why no gas masks?

That's a good point. You'd think GUN soldiers would be prepared for this anyway

Very awesome issue! Since i'm a newbie I guess I won't say anything but I thought it was great, especially liked it how they put my questions at the back again!