Shadow

Sonic Universe (Comic Series)

686 posts in this topic

Yeah I'd otherwise like the off-panels "chubby Nicole" too but.. Since I have seen WAY too many chubby versions of Sonic characters (thank you internet) without any reason... I kind of.. am afraid of them nowadays.. o_o

HEY LOOK! COVERS!

SU_78_Cover.jpgSU_78_Variant.jpg

The third and final act of the EPIC SONIC/MEGA MAN CROSSOVER EVENT begins here! "Worlds Unite" Part Nine: Sigma has begun his conquest of ALL the worlds. Now it’s up to Sonic, Mega Man and X to unify those worlds AGAINST Sigma! It’s a “who’s who” of SEGA and Capcom heroes answering this important call to arms! But with Sigma still active on the unified world, he turns his gaze upon those left behind..! Featuring the worlds of STREET FIGHTER, SKIES OF ARCADIA, NiGHTS INTO DREAMS, OKAMI, GHOSTS 'N' GOBLINS, ALEX KIDD and more! Plus cover art from the legendary Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, and variant cover art from "Worlds Collide" penciling star Jamal Peppers and part 9 of the epic 12-part connecting variant cover series by artist Ben Bates!

Who the flip are these people??? Seriously...I don't even know who they are. Only ones I know of are the NiGHTS person and...guessing the person that looks like a hobbit is Alex Kidd? I don't even understand!

Oh yeah... and no other covers just yet. Maybe later though

There's Alex Kidd, Nights (the wolf looking one) from Okami Amaterasu :) , Vyse (not sure about the name of the game...) And Either that's the main character from Street Fighters or Tekken...? I think Street Fighters :3

Alex Kidd.

Maybe they'll make a joke about Sonic taking away Alex Kidd's title as the mascot of Sega.

Maybe they'll act like rivals towards each other? That'd be great :D

Nights from Nights: Journey into dreams

Arthur from Ghost and Goblins or ghouls and ghosts.

Ken from Street Fighters

Alex Kidd from Alex Kidd

Ryu from Street Fighters

Okami from okami amaterasu 

And that guy from skies of aracdia 

Vyse. the last one's called Vyse.

Just read the new issue, and it's a fun little adventure. It seemed to go by pretty quickly for me, but that might be due to the fact that, aside from the opening and end, it only really focuses on three characters in a burning wasteland, fighting for a Chaos Emerald. I wasn't really bothered by this issue referencing later/delayed issues (honestly, I already have an idea as to how the Genesis Portal Origin might play out...) because it doesn't really impact this story at all.

I mean, the only events that this issue 'spoils' from these 'previous' issues are that:
1) Silver's back to close these portals that are randomly opening up to other worlds. This is re-established in this issue anyway, just with an added footnote.
2) Rouge apparently tells the heroes where to find the last Chaos Emerald in Sonic #272. It doesn't tell us anything else that happens in that issue, though.
Either way, it didn't ruin my enjoyment for the issue, and I'm curious to find out where Silver and Metal each ended up (I'm sure Eggman will fetch Metal during WU).

Did anyone else get flashbacks from sonic 06's Flame Core.

Edited by Blue Comet

I just read the new issue, and when Metal Sonic said "It's no use." I literally yelled. "NO! THAT IS SILVER'S LINE! GO FIND YOUR OWN!"

I read the issue...

It didn't seem to be that important an issue. Just a random meeting with Silver whos closing Genesis portals. That said, I didn't really mind the issue. And Metal Sonic saying "Its no use!" Just made me laugh. As did Silvers "You're too slow!" to Metal Sonic. Then all that gpt a little ruined by the SonAmy moment at the end. I know Sonic ws just teasing but I don't want more reason for SonAmy... nothing against those that do...

Random end comment: I watched a bit of Sonic OVA the day. Sonics quote of "He kind of thinks like me" gave me a reminder to the scene of Sonic's "Strange isn't it!" Lines... not going to say the whole quote since you should know what I mean

Hmm... Well I think this was kind of interesting issue. Especially Silver's little wandering at the end. Though now.. I'm waiting for the moment when Sticks stumbles upon one of the portals and ends up in different World. I wonder who's world will we see first.. In Which World will they all meet? Somewhere in between zones? In Boom's universe? Sonic's? Mega Man's? I can't wait o_o

I come to the conclusion that I don't think that Metal Sonic will be happy, when he see Sonic again. He's really mad now.

Well I don't understand why xD I mean who wouldn't want to get stuck in space? In possibly different reality all by themselves?

I read the issue...

It didn't seem to be that important an issue. Just a random meeting with Silver whos closing Genesis portals. That said, I didn't really mind the issue. And Metal Sonic saying "Its no use!" Just made me laugh. As did Silvers "You're too slow!" to Metal Sonic. Then all that gpt a little ruined by the SonAmy moment at the end. I know Sonic ws just teasing but I don't want more reason for SonAmy... nothing against those that do...

Random end comment: I watched a bit of Sonic OVA the day. Sonics quote of "He kind of thinks like me" gave me a reminder to the scene of Sonic's "Strange isn't it!" Lines... not going to say the whole quote since you should know what I mean

SonAmy moment in the comic give more anti-sonamy or romantic in sonic in general a reason to hate this issue.

Okay, just to recap, all seven Chaos Emeralds have now been found, in this order:

- Purple: Found and retrieved by the Freedom Fighters in STH #261 ('Light in the Dark'). Currently in their possession.
- Red: Found by Chip and given to Tikal in SU #66 ('The Great Chaos Caper'). Presumably with the FFs now, given Tails' "6-to-1" line in SU #75.
- Grey: Found by Thunderbolt's Egg Army and used as bait, but retrieved by the FFs in STH #265 ('Control'). Currently in their possession.
- Blue: Found by the Egg Army, used as bait to trap the FFs, and retrieved by Eggman ('Ambushed'). Currently in his possession.
- Green: Found by the S6, and used as Breezie's Championship prize. Almost stolen by Metal Sonic, but retrieved by Tails in STH #271 ('Champions').
- Yellow: Found in the Lake of Rings by Tails and Big, and retrieved by them in SU #74 ('Spark of Life'). Currently in the FFs possession.
- Cyan: Found by Metal Sonic after STH #272 ('Protector'), but retrieved by Sonic and Silver in another zone during SU #75 ('Fury'). Currently in the FFs possession.

So, the only Emerald that the heroes don't have is the blue one, which Eggman has... again... just before a major, world-changing event... again. Seeing a pattern yet?

SonAmy moment in the comic give more anti-sonamy or romantic in sonic in general a reason to hate this issue.

I don't hate the issue. Just SonAmy. I did kinda enjoy the the issue

The issue was fun.  And not that different from the 50th issue just before the first crossover.

One thing though...

Sonic mentioned the planet breaking up was both his and Eggman's fault.  So... does he still remember something from the old world?  If so, interesting to bring it up just prior to the next crossover.

I don't know why people hate Sonamy so much.. I mean sure I know it's because of Sonic and Sally have shared so much together and are good couple. But my opinion is I don't hate it really. I think they're cute together (and well Sonic X had some cute moments too which helped at least in the Japanese version.) And well it was kind of cute in this very issue too..

Edited by Shinomi-chan

I just don't like them as a couple...while I do prefer SonicXSally I'm more of a SonicXhimself or his speed

Plus I don't really like Amy much herself (don'tkillmeplz). I think she's just a bit... overbearing(?) with her love for Sonic

All that being said...I'm not out for changing the opinions of those who ship SonAmy.If you like them together,that's fine :)

(Lol. Why would I kill you Dylan? XD) yeah I completely understand your opinion. (And there are other ships I don't like but some people do and I'm not attacking them either xD) But then again maybe Amy's... "Crushing Love" just proves that she can still act like she did before the change by the ring...

But then again maybe Amy's... "Crushing Love" just proves that she can still act like she did before the change by the ring...

Er... that hasn't happened now.

Stupid reboot....

I'm mostly easy about SonAmy.  It really depends for me on how much they push Amy into the 'crazy stalker' zone.

Not you in particular but I know that some people do get sensitive about the shippings. Whether it be SonAmy or others

Well yeah.. thanks reboot.. =-= but I just think that's Amy's way of showing love. Even though it might get overboard sometimes. Still she does her part in the team and still greatly cares about her friends too not just Sonic. Which at least proves she's not creepy stalker. Since they rarely care about anyone else than their crush. (Anime lessons~♥)