NegaMetallix

Sonic & Mega Man: WORLDS UNITE?!

500 posts in this topic

This is totally chaos for a game this is OK but for a comic book series it's a mess.

This is going to be one big gaming mess... o_o'' OR awesomeness if a miracle happens....

And final part! Not officially yet.

Worlds-Unite-OTHER-FRACHISES-Promo_IMAGE

Vyse (Skies of Arcadia), Ryu (Street Fighter) and I-have-no-idea-who-are-that-two-"guys".

Edited by Red TF

But what about Beat, VectorMan, Aiai and Ristar?  On an0ther note, what the flip is that thing in the background? O_O

On an0ther note, what the flip is that thing in the background? O_O

Definitely not Monster Hunter... I would knew that one and if they use a Monster Hunter dragon I would say they should take Rathalos because it is the standart type of a Dragon. For me it looks like a Monster from Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh...

Looks sort of what a Mega Tyrantrum would look like :P

That were Ryu, Vyse (Skies of Arcadia), Base Wing (Panzer Dragoon), Monster Hunter.

I had a feeling that was Vyse. He hair just seemed a bit to spiky, but I guess it's just the style.

And how could you have a Capcom crossover and NOT have Ryu. lol

Now... lets make this a game! Or even a new racing game.

Hey yay! Vyse! :D Haven't seen him since that one Sonic Universe special comic cool. But is that thing on the background friend or foe?

Sega X Capcom world unite coming to a comic book shop near you.

That's... a lot of franchises, so let me just make sure that I've got this right. Alongside Sonic, Mega Man, Boom and X, we also have:

- Street Fighter (Pretty obvious choice. I haven't played the games, but I have a vague understanding of the characters.)

- NiGHTS (I've seen both of his/her/its games, so I know about this world.)

- Ghosts 'n' Goblins (I at least know that these games are RIDICULOUSLY hard.)

- Billy Hatcher (Seen the game, not interested in playing it, though. I'd rather eat a GINT Egg...)

- Monster Hunter (Well, there is that new one out, so it makes sense to have a representitive, I guess.)

- Alex Kidd (All I know is he was the 'failed' mascot... maybe that's all I need to know?)

- Okami (Never played the game, but it's slowly grabbing my interest.)

- Skies of Arcadia (I hear that this franchise has a cult following. Not too interested in RPGs, though.)

- Viewtiful Joe (Seen the first game, and it looks pretty fun.)

- Panzer Dragoon (Seen the first game, pretty standard rail-shooter a la the 'Starfox' series. I've heard of an RPG entry that's widely loved, but incredibly rare.)

- Breath of Fire [3] (...I might've heard of it, but not much. Like, at all. Apparently, the third one is the most loved entry?)

- Golden Axe (Some kind of arcade fantasy beat-em-up, I believe? It had a character and lava track in 'Sonic All-Stars Transformed', I at least know that much.)

Unfortunately, it's a little concerning that I don't really recognise, or am interested in over half of these franchises. But with that said, I think I may have an idea as to how this crossover might play out: (WARNING - THESE MAY BE POTENTIAL SPOILERS, SO READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION!)

So, we all remember how the first crossover's Acts were split up, right? Act 1 was the obligatory meet-up/hero brawl, Act 2 was saving Sonic's friends while looking for the doctors' base, and Act 3 was the final battle/goodbye moment? Well... maybe this crossover won't be so different from that.

Act 1 (which we already know 3/4ths of... kinda) will have obligatory meet-ups (Sigma and the Deadly Six, Eggman and Wily... again, Sticks and the Maverick Hunters etc.) as well as the hero brawl... but with a twist (the main heros are reprogrammed/roboticized, and must fight each other's friends). Of course, we don't yet know exactly WHO will stop Sonic Man and M'egga Man, but the likely guess right now is Sticks (or maybe Boom Sonic) and X. So after the heroes are all restored and caught up-to-speed, where do they go?

Well, that's where Act 2 could begin. Much like how 'Worlds Collide' Act 2 took place in an unknown world (the Skull Egg Zone), and the heroes rescued/recruited Sonic's friends to their cause, perhaps our heroes learn that these Genesis Portals are opening to otherwise unknown universes (Street Fighter, NiGHTS etc.) and begin recruiting the heroes of each world to help them against Sigma. Meanwhile, Sigma also learns of these other worlds and perhaps sends the Deadly Six to recruit some villains... or just take the villains and enslave them, much like Eggman and Wily. Once they pinpoint Sigma's location (maybe a Deadly Six member gives it away to the heroes), they gather all the heroes together for one final standoff, leading into...

Act 3! The final confrontation between heroes and villains. The location? Well, most likely the Lost Hex, but it could become multiversal (kinda like the final fight in 'Thor: The Dark World', for those who've seen it). Maybe there's a fight with Eggman and Wily somewhere in there, but either way, it all ends in a final battle between Sigma and the Blue Heroes. Once the day is saved, the heroes thank each other for their help, and return to their respective worlds... somehow. (Convenient Genesis Portals, I guess?) Then everything returns to the status quo: Sonic returns to fixing his world, Mega Man prepares for the future (either MM4 or something else), Sticks gets ridiculed for her crazy story (if she's the only one involved, that is) and X... actually, I'm not sure. Depends when in their timeline they were pulled into the crossover. The End... for now?

I know that this makes it sound almost like a repeat of 'Worlds Collide', minus the rebooting of a world, but that's just a general idea I'm getting from the teasers so far. I'd love to be proven wrong come the middle of March (or whenever the solicits for Parts 4-7 are revealed), but we'll see what happens when that time comes. Either way, I'm looking forward to see how this all plays out. (One thing I'd like to see: Ryu and X both performing a Hadouken and/or Shoryuken together. Why not?)

Yeah you should definitely play Okami. I myself bought it for PS3 and I love it! (still haven't played through since anime world needs me.. <_< ) And yeah Nights as far as I can tell is a she. And as for Alex Kidd... He's got some OLD platform games.. And he wasn't a failure mascot... But he did got replaced by Sonic The Hedgehog.. (guess kids then couldn't let the blue blur go either huh?) And so there's going to be Street Fighters? Wow that's nostalgia right there... o_o

Yeah you should definitely play Okami. I myself bought it for PS3 and I love it! (still haven't played through since anime world needs me.. <_< ) And yeah Nights as far as I can tell is a she. And as for Alex Kidd... He's got some OLD platform games.. And he wasn't a failure mascot... But he did got replaced by Sonic The Hedgehog.. (guess kids then couldn't let the blue blur go either huh?) And so there's going to be Street Fighters? Wow that's nostalgia right there... o_o

I'll give Okami a go if I ever get the chance. Just one question, though: how do you use the power-ups/drawings in the PS3 version? I understand you use the Wiimote on the Wii version, but I don't know how they changed it for the HD port. Anyway, NiGHTS is supposed to be genderless, hence why it has a female voice in 'Journey of Dreams' (the Wii game) but is referred to by the other characters as a 'he'. (Something like that, at least.) And the reason I called Alex a 'failed' mascot is that, while his games might not have been bad (I don't actually know, since I haven't played any) he never came close to rivalling Mario and Nintendo. So, in a sense, he did kinda fail.

Hence probably why he lost to Sonic as a mascot character as well... And from what I remember it was that you draw with holding square button and use the left stick to draw... (I'm not really sure since I haven't played it in a while... o_o'' sorry) And well does that mean Reala is also genderless? 

Hence probably why he lost to Sonic as a mascot character as well... And from what I remember it was that you draw with holding square button and use the left stick to draw... (I'm not really sure since I haven't played it in a while... o_o'' sorry) And well does that mean Reala is also genderless? 

Ah, okay. Thanks anyway. And I think Reala may also be genderless, but since he never 'dualizes' with anyone unlike NiGHTS, he's just simply referred to as a 'he'.

Definitely not Monster Hunter... I would knew that one and if they use a Monster Hunter dragon I would say they should take Rathalos because it is the standart type of a Dragon. For me it looks like a Monster from Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh...

I've just looked it up, and the monster at the back (known as 'Gore Magala') is definitely from Monster Hunter. It originates from MH4, the latest one in the series.

Now... Since Okami is there too.. That might do something good for the comic.. Or not =-='' I REALLY hope they won't screw this up.. Then again they have done good job in patching up the story so far.. Not including that Ken Penders thingy in the middle but even when they had to take away characters from the comic book world they did it well.. So.. I'm guessing this won't be too bad after all.. Though right now it DOES seem like a great start for total chaos.

I've just looked it up, and the monster at the back (known as 'Gore Magala') is definitely from Monster Hunter. It originates from MH4, the latest one in the series.

Yeah I figure it out by myself. I only played the old Monster Hunter Games...I would love to see the Tigrex, because it is the main antagonist and the main monster you really fear and RUN. Also the Rathalos. It is one of the creatures you see in every MH game.

Act 1 (which we already know 3/4ths of... kinda) will have obligatory meet-ups (Sigma and the Deadly Six, Eggman and Wily... again, Sticks and the Maverick Hunters etc.) as well as the hero brawl... but with a twist (the main heros are reprogrammed/roboticized, and must fight each other's friends). Of course, we don't yet know exactly WHO will stop Sonic Man and M'egga Man, but the likely guess right now is Sticks (or maybe Boom Sonic) and X. So after the heroes are all restored and caught up-to-speed, where do they go?

I was really thinking about the Trio Sigma-Wily-Eggman but as you can see on a Variant Cover that Sigma is holding Wily and Eggman as puppets, so I think that these antagonist aren't equal I am thinking that first everyone expect Wily and Eggman as main antagonist but then at the end - BOOM Sigma is the main antagonist and the evil mastermind!

I really love your thoughts. I would love to see another Cover from MM 50!

I'll give Okami a go if I ever get the chance. Just one question, though: how do you use the power-ups/drawings in the PS3 version? I understand you use the Wiimote on the Wii version, but I don't know how they changed it for the HD port. 

Okami was originally released on the PS2, so the game is designed to use the brush powers and such with the analog sticks. The Wii port sounds like it would be better... but ended up being a pretty poor port of such an amazing game. I always recommend playing the original and I would assume the HD one is based on that. So in other words, no worries!

The amount of hype that I am feeling right now is an even larger number than the amount of atoms that make up a foot-tall stuffed animal.

The odd thing is how my opinions on this keep changing the closer the releasing day gets xD And because of the poster but hey, If there's nostalgia moments for me, Okami, and old mascot character that's good enough for me! 

So they wanted to include Phoenix Wright in this mess but Capcom said "NO".

7UVSHBc6R_c.jpg

But he's AWESOME!! How could they NOT use him in the comics?? o_o

Well, I don't think a lawyer would fit well with where this crossover is going.  Besides, he's make this 12 part epic a 1 part funny by taking the villains to court :P

Note: Wright was already used in Mega Man Issue 36