The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"The way Zone's work I guess," pondered Miles.

"Pretty much. Probably for the best, the only thing I can imagine Moebian humans striving for is the hydrogen bomb."

Miles shuddered. "That would make a mess of things."

"Rather than dwelling on that kinda thing, shall we play?" asked Miles, pointing towards the board.

"Good idea," replied Zamy before she set up the board. "White or black?" she asked.

"Black. I prefer other to make the first move," said Miles.

Miles pondered for a moment before asking Zamy to move one of his pawns. "Do you play often?" he asked.

Dylan sighed

"What is going on with Ziona today" he thought

Zamy moved the pawn. "Occasionally, though not since my friends left to their respective duties."

"I'm sorry to hear that," replied Miles.

"Sounds as if you don't think you'll be stationed here for long," said Miles. His ear's pricked up as a whining sound began emanating from the cell. Turning, Miles saw an expanding blinding light filling the cell.

"Hey, what the..?" he started to exclaim as the light began to swallow him up.

"Well I cna always hope," replied Zamy befor ehe jaw dropped when she saw the light coming towards her as well. "Not again," she muttered under her breath.

The light faded and Miles dropped painfully to the ground. It wasn't the cell floor, but rocks.

"That's not my brother," he heard a cold female voice say.

"I wasn't expecting another Moebian fox here, least of all me," said a male voice.

Miles looked up and caught his breath. Standing above him was an adult version of himself, and a slightly older looking Melody. Both had metal armbands around their upper forearms.

(ooc: I wasn't just gonna let this loose plotpoint go unresolved.)

Zamy came to her senses then looked at the new pair. Judging by their words she had a rough guess as to who they were. She remained silent and waited to see if she had a chance to attack.

"What are you even doing here?" the older Miles asked disdainfully as he ran a critical eye over his younger self. "And what... Why are you missing a tail?" he added, a slight note of confusion to his voice.

Melody crossed her arms. "I suppose changes in the timeline were worse than you suspected Father," she said.

"I would have expected that runt to have enough sense to keep his head down for the sake of his existence," said the older Miles angry. He looked around and spotted Zamy. "A Zone Cop? Maybe you can provide some answers. What's going on here?" he demanded.

"I think you're the ones who should be answering that. It wasn't like we came here of our own choice," defiantly replied Zamy.

"Hmph, we're merely here to recover my son. I thought it would faster bring him to us than the other way around. I wasn't expecting another fox from Moebius to get in the way," said the older Miles, kicking his younger self in the ribs as he did so, causing the younger fox to whimper.

Zamy instinctively gripped her baton. "You won't be doing that any time soon."

As Zamy gripped her baton Melody's hand rushed towards her knife.

Miles looked surprised but amused. "I would have thought a Zone Cop would have wanted someone to be returned to their home Zone and Time."

The younger Miles was rubbing his ribs where his older self had kicked him. "How could I be so cruel to myself," he wondered allowed.

"Everyone else is just a resource to be used. And right now you're grouped with them," said the older Miles.

"Such a pity Shadow didn't rid the world of both of you. Skye's condition is none of your business," replied Zamy, disgusted at the older Miles.

"I think my son's condition IS my business," replied Miles angrily.

"I miss my brother. I want to see him," said Melody in a cold monotone.

"After the abuse you put him through, you have no right to see him. He is no longer under you care. Deal with it."