The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

Skye took a deep breath as the last of the army fell in the distance. On one hand, he was exhausted. On the other, after that ritual he still had plenty of magical energy to spare. He walked over to Spark and tried to pick him up. Failing, instead he used his magic to summon a floating platform underneath Spark, and started heading downstairs.

-----------

"How should I know?" snapped Melody. "You're the smart one."

-----------

"Um, yeah. Let me know if there's something I can do to make it up. And, uh, I dunno about the paperwork. You'd need to ask her. I think that's her room," Anna said, pointing.

-----------

Ziona sighed. "You might be right. I guess I should say hello." She gave Glen a quick final kiss.

"Don't worry ."Said Glen."If no one is there, we can always go back to spendin the day on the bed. You alright with that?"He asked , smiling.

"With that attitude you won't be getting my help," snapped back Hope.

---

"I'll just wait until she's up. No use barging in. And it's fine. I've had worse first time meetings," said Zamy.

Red looked at the two children."Now you two calm down! what is this headache you are both talking about ?"

"Most of us weren't up until 5 minutes ago," said Anna to Zamy. "Then there was some kinda attack..." At this point Skye returned to the penthouse. "Could someone have a look at Spark? He took a bad blow," Skye asked the room.

--------------

"Like I even asked for it," yelled Melody. "Your 'help' is causing more problems that it solves," she continued spitefully.

--------------

"I like that plan," said Ziona, pulling on a dressing gown. "Time to see what all the fuss is about," she said, walking into the main room.

Hope clenched her fist as she glared at Melody,

"Then you won't have to deal with my 'useless' help any longer. I know how to stop my headaches. Yours aren't my concern anymore," she hissed before returning to the main room.

---

"Attack? That doesn't make sense," said Zamy before hearing Skye and seeing Ziona enter the room in less than formal attire.

"So much for an easy assignment," she muttered to herself.

"Now now , it's not away to talk to your friends !"Said Red to the two children."I want the both of you to apologise, now!"

------------

Locke got in."Skye , I see we got a wounded . Get him here , A medic will take care of this ." He saw the zone cop."So, you must be the replacement for the other zone cop."

-----------

"So Zionna , what's happening?"Said Glen before going out as well."Welp , a lot of things indeed."

Dylan came back into the main room

"Wow. I seem to have missed a lot in the time I was out"

"Yup. It's crazy how many things can happen in less than twenty minutes." Said Locke.

"It is appears so. Who's the new zone cop?"

"I don't know."Said Locke."But she might tell us ."

"Do not tell me what to do as if you hold some authority over me," replied Hope to Red.

---

"I'm Zamy," she said before returning to looking through her notebook.

"This very zone'" Kayl said to Rancor, "but from past." Then she shuddered, "cold..."

------------------

Berry looked around, quite lonely.

"You too. I didn't catch your name. Sorry if I seem brief, I just wasn't expecting to get thrown into the deep end like this."

"Oh, right. It's Dylan. And with all that's going on now, I'm not surprised you weren't expecting it"

"Hey, now donn''t be like that!" said Red."I'm sure shadow didn't took care of you that way !" She was hurt by hope's words.

---------

"So, the new zone cop it is.... Sorry for the situation. You could say you came at a very bad moment.

"A lot actually." Said Locke."But the most important is that we have newcomers."

"Okay, here he is," said Skye, putting Spark carefully on one of the sofa's. He glanced around a gave a sigh of relief. Tikal wasn't up yet. He could still surprise her.

Ziona took a moment to recognise the Zone Cop. "Hi there. I don't think we've ever met properly before. It's Zamy, right? Welcome to the nuthouse!"

Melody glared back at Hope, blanking out Red. "So why don't you skulk back to GUN where your only friends are computers and machines that go 'beep'," she shrieked, then slammed the door in Hope's and Red's face.

Anna and Skye looked horrified at Melody's actions.

"I'm... I'm sure she didn't mean that," Anna said walking up to Hope.

-----------

Melody rushed over to her bed and collapsed on it.

'How did this happen?' she thought to herself, having forgotten about the link. 'We were best friends. This shouldn't have happened.' Melody began sobbing as she remembered all the fun she and Hop had had over the past few days.

"Why .... Why did she do that ?" Red was shocked.

---------------

"So, she is your new partner ?" Asked glen."the more the merrier !"

-------

"For now, there isn't much you can do." Said locke sadly.