The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"U-unless y-your the saboteur we s-should be fine," Skye joked. He flipped a switch and the machine began humming quietly.

"Hmm, I'm n-not getting a-any reading. C-could you c-check the f-focusing array and m-make s-sure it's aligned?"

"Hehe. Sure thing." Hope adjusted it with her screwdriver. "Is that any better?"

"Hmmmm, e-either yes or n-no. The s-signal's coming through s-stronger, but there d-doesn't appear to b-be any magic r-readings or similar o-out there. Which m-means the p-problem is e-either me, o-or the machine i-isn't working."

"That's odd. We put everything together right. Maybe it is you somehow. Any idea on what could prevent you from using magic other than a curse?"

Shadow reached the reactor room. There was no evidence of sabotage. As he exited the room a bullet hit the railing next to him. He knew the saboteur was at the end of the hallway, but he couldn't throw a chaos spear for fear of hitting a coolant pipe and causing a meltdown.

"Well i-it's l-like.... I can t-tap into m-magic fine, b-but it's almost l-like I'm not casting t-the spells properly. A-as if i'm using the w-wrong words o-or gestures." Skye sat back in his chair and pondered. "My m-memory of h-how my s-spells work c-could have b-been w-warped by my p-past changing."

"That's quite possible." said Hope as she had a sudden twitch.

"Give yourself up and I'll take you alive." shouted Shadow. The saboteur just laughed and fired at him after pressing a button on a device on her wrist.

Skye was too lost in his own thoughts to notice the twitch. He began pacing the lab.

"My n-notebook i-is back i-in Haven s-so I can't c-check my s-spells right n-now. B-but that d-doesn't make sense. I-if I can't d-do magic n-now a-after the t-time change, I wouldn't r-remember ever being able to d-do so. Unless t-the timechange.... O-oh no. Hope, am I-I stammering? Hope?"

"Sorry. Yes you are stammering" replied Hope in a dull tone of voice, while reaching for her screwdriver.

"Oh D-Darn I-IT! Why d-did no o-one t-tell me?" Skye sighed. "I c-can't d-do anything a-about that now. O-once I get back I s-should be a-a-able to f-fix it."

(ooc: Stupid selfish little kid, too wrapped up in his own self)

"Don't worry. I can stop that stammering for you." said Hope as she lunged at Skye, a small bulge now visible at the base of her neck.

"W-what do you mea... GAH!" Skye turned round and only just managed to through himself out of the way, the screwdriver still managing to cut a small gash in his side. Clutching at the wound, Skye took off, hovering out of Hope's reach.

"Hope? W-what are y-you doing?"

Hope continued to madly swipe at Skye despite the fact it was obvious she wasn't going to hit him. She then took aim, preparing to throw the screwdriver.

Shadow ran the gauntlet straight at the saboteur as bullets whizzed by. He tackled her to the floor and pinned her before punching her out. As he cuffed her hands he removed a small device on her wrist, inadvertantly hitting a button on it.

At the moment she was about to release the screwdriver, Hope suddenly let out a pained scream and fell to the ground

"I'm really sorry about this Hope but..." Skye began as he prepared to counter-attack, but stopped when she screamed and fell. He swooped down.

"Hope? A-are you ok? W-what wrong w-with you?" Skye then spotted the small bulge as he picked her up. "What i-is that?"

Hope was unresponsive as she lay there unconscious. Shadow had carried the perpetrator up the maintenance shaft, as lockdown was still in effect, meaning all elevators were sealed. He walked to the security room to find Rouge sifting through footage. "I've got our traitor. Where are Hope and Skye?" he asked.

"I think they're at the lab working on something." she replied.

"Ok, I'll take her to the interrogation room then go see how they're doing."

"Fine, maybe I over reacted. But then again, when your son Is seen as the reincarnation of an avatar Of a god, peoples tend to react like that. Oh and by the way, Guardians get privilege and such, Which is why they are threated so nicely. Actually no one mind because of their putting their life on the line thing. After all, more than one guardian died By giving his own life.... Most of them did so without even thinking. When all hope is lost, these people are able to make themselve real beacons of hopes. It's just a shame it has to happen that way.So it's our own way of thanking them: Let them enjoy a pleasure after the other, probably one of them will be the last.And when that'll happen, they'll keep happy memories of those they are protecting."

Prime Glen still cringed at he explained himself.

"Still, That anger me a bit that way of thinking.Many died of natural death... some losst their limbs.... I just can't get out of my head the fact that sometimes, even with this status, we are doing very little to show them our gratitude..."

"It's cool man, it's cool. All of them are appreciating this. Even if they don't do that often. Or tend to loose their wives on the process of trying new way of extending the lifespan of one of them. But that's cool. Just stop the never ending supplies of congratulations. Thank you."

"Huh, sorry about that."

"It's cool.So can you answer our question ?"

"Yes I can ! I knew Mina for quite a while. We often do Concert together!A real nice girl."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, I bet it must be one of these guardian tricks. maybe he'll tell Skye, Or maybe Tikal can get out on will. I just simply picture skye going out with a giant floating emerald. That would be cute." Joked Red.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After all the come and go from Dylan, The tower was really starting to upset Spectre. Things would have to be done, or his helmet would soon find unexpected uses.

"If t-there is s-something in y-your neck, t-the last thing I want t-to do is j-just yank it o-out. Thankfully there's p-plenty of s-stuff in the lab t-to analysis it with."

Skye went to set up some equipment, then paused by the radio.

"I c-can't call s-security, they probably w-won't believe me. And S-shadow is busy. So..." He hit the radio. "Rouge? C-can you c-come to the lab r-right away p-lease?"

(ooc: and off to dinner now. See you when I get back)

"No wonder they rarely leave this island. All their privileges would be utterly meaningless in another jurisdiction." said Crowley.

"Sure thing hon." Rouge then set off. After seeing Hope she rushed over. "What the heck happened here Skye?"

(OOC OK enjoy)

"Actually, While their status aren't that powerful, Their name sttill are respectable. I mean, They do have power and reaches around the world. Isn't that how he got to keep Skye from both the GUN and The Zone cops? I bet they are way more powerful than meet the eyes, and that they know more than they are willing to say." Said Glen.

"Just like you. I might be a singer, But I'm not dumb. What are your relationship with him?"

"Oh boy, he do happen to be my alternate! the same capacity at reading right through peoples!" Said Glen. "Actually , I just happen to sleep in his home. He gave my A shelter when I lost my place. But I suppose it's only temporary...."

"He what? oh my!!!"

"Don't say that out loud. Or else, You gonna make run away all the good ladies! I have no need of women with political views! I just want the cute one that likes me for who I am.By the way , what are we going to do Crowley? He is a clever one! Can't he just give us stuff and begone with that? Eyes are starting to turn toward us."

"If GUN felt Skye were a threat he'd be dead already, with or without Locke's acceptence of him. They care only about their agent's opinions. Shadow vouched for him and they accepted it. In the UF, a guardian dropping that they were a guardian in the hopes of privelege would do themselves no favours. And they certainly couldn't get into any of the bases uninvited. They'd be forcibly ejected or shot, just like any other intruder. And I don't know what to do Glen." said Crowley.

"I d-don't know. S-she just suddenly started a-attacking me. I t-think it's p-probably something to d-do w-with this thing i-in her n-neck. Oh, and d-don't worry about t-the b-blood. Hope i-isn't h-hurt, it's just m-mine."

-------------------

Melody tried to picture Skye gong out with a hovering crystal, and burst into another giggling fit.

"Well, I don't really know how this would happen, So I'm mostly Playing in dark water.I don't even know how things work there anyways. So it's best to wait and see what Things Locke is able to pull around. But then again, when you live on a piece of real estate that move around, you just don't care about moving....Beside, they are Guardian Crow, Their lifelong mission is to protect an emerald of unlimited power, who also happen to be the host a danerous immortal creature. Even if Locke can be a twat , Give him some credits Crow.He can actually pull out more string than the both of us united."

-------------------------------------

"Well, we are enjoying this , But I suppose we'll have all the time in the world to keep on this discussion later , right? Now let's go in search of our delicious breakfast! I'm willing to believe that this smell wasn't just here to get us out of the Room."

(ooc: Sonic X tried to ship tails with Cosmo, A sentient alien talking Plant.)

Rouge inspected the bulge. "I doubt it'll be as simple as cutting it out. I need to get her to the infirmary for an X ray. Come on. You can get yourself patched up too." Rouge picked up Hope and started off towards the infirmary.

"I'm not denying he has great influence. Especially with other Mobian nations. But that influence simply doesn't extend to the UF. Do bear in mind their secluded history. It's only natural they are resistant to outside influence. Think about it, nearly all Mobian nations are peaceful to the extreme. They don't use guns or build hi tech weapons. The human military on the other hand utilises guns, bombs and missiles, and they even have nuclear weapons. They will never give them up due to foreign interests, and I applaud them for that resolve."

Skye grabbed some equipment from the lab and started following Rouge. "I'm o-okay. Don't w-worry about m-me until w-we've saved H-hope. I-if it's s-some kind of c-chip in her n-neck I c-can help r-remove i-it. I've h-had e-experience with those. Especially i-if it's booby t-trapped to f-fry her mind i-if removed. T-that what the o-ones I d-designed and u-used were....erm, uh, I mean, I've s-seen those d-designs before."

---------------------------------

"Right. Breakfast here we come!" Melody hurried out of the room.

"You designed and used these things?" said Rouge as she turned on the X ray, which confirmed there was something at the base of Hope's neck. "Fine then. If you can get it out then let's get started." Rouge grabbed some anaesthetic.

Skye looked unbelievably guilty. "Yeah, I-I, uh, d-did in t-the past. No t-time for that n-now. First t-thing, make sure H-hope is securely s-strapped down. If she even twitches d-during the removal, s-she might be paralysed, o-or worse." Skye quickly set up the magnification equipment he'd taken from lab and picked up some fine manipulation tools.