Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

I kind of like the new universe too.. Though of course I absolutely LOVED the old one too.. So many good characters had to go.. So much potential gone waste... It's quite sad but.. The new universe really ain't that bad.

As a universe I actually prefer the new one.  Character-wise however, the old one was better.  I just wish several of the old characters could have made it.  But of course, if they could, there wouldn't have been a reboot in the first place!

I think Skyes pretfy much hit the nail on the head for me. Not that I'm finding the new characters that bad. It'll take a while to get on the same scale of characters for the new universe (especially if we keep getting crossovers)

I personally don't want to see another crossover for a long time but I doubt that'll happen.

After worlds unite I never want to see archie do another crossover with Sonic or Mega Man period.

I haven't given my thoughts on a comic in a while. But now that the crossover's over and 276 is up

Now as I suspect with everybody else as soon as I saw the first panel I knew what was coming. A snowy area with people from the Egg legion (whatever it's called now) being battled by Sonic and Rotor? Oh yeah... of course it's going to be the meeting between Rotor and Tundra. And the clear reveal of who Tundra was... well... at least proof to those who thought it to be the case that they were right.Why am I speaking around this? Tundra was Rotor's jerk of a dad! Yep. Truth revealed! Much surprise! Very wow! At least we got a reveal at last

Now... story itself, I'm not going to truly analyse because... not much happened. That's about it. Sonic comes in, fakes his capture, truth is revealed (kind of wish it had been a bit more of a reveal like Star Wars after a real battle instead of a "yo, I know you. You're my son and I caught you), emotional talk with Rotor while they're captured (yeah, even that was shorter than it should have been. Rotor took it so much better than I would've thought), they find who they're looking for, they escape via werehog and Chip, battle to get out and done! Story finished. All live to battle another day

If there's one thing I'm pleased with Tundra it's that he doesn't seem as held back as he did in his first show

Next story! Again, pretty much pointless. Argument between Eggman and Orbot (seems Eggy forgot Worlds Unite already kinda). He complains about no Chaos Emerald anymore and then goes to search for Metal Sonic who's in... who knows where! Sea of Monsters? Kind of want to say the zone of Silence/Special Zone because... well... I'll get to that? Metal Sonic is just sitting there but he immediately breaks as soon as he tries to fight. Well done Metal Sonic. Anyway... Eggman saves him and alls good? Well... here comes the first surprise of the comic for me (so late in?) Ixis... I mean Wally... I mean Walter Naugus is back. And he has a sister? Or wife? Wha??? This... should be interesting. I guess we don't have an OP Mammoth Mogul anymore so Naugus needs another powerful buddy to be somewhere in the comics. Why not another wizard? Why not make it his sister? Eh... I dunno. Maybe you weren't surprised but I certainly was

Now, there was oneother thing in thecomic that surprised me...the off panel. Didwe... justget confirmation all these characters are not going to show upin the next crossover? That's awesomeness if we did. Too much characters

Oh yeah... and EggmanXSonic confirmed lolololol. Though I knewsince AoSTH ;)

My thoughts about the newest Sonic comic:

They really put the LEGENDARY Jari-Thure from Sonic Unleashed in it?? awesome. (Legendary because the name Jari is common here in Finland and I used to laugh about the fact they used that name of all the possible ones.. also the last name Thure reminds me of another Finnish name "Tuure" You pronounce them almost the same anyway.) and the identity of that Walrus leader.. SO CALLED IT! and now I'm only wondering what are two "new" characters going to do in the next issue... Left me kinda speechless...

Did Archie delay new releases again ?

*Looks up*

Um... it's coming out 14th of October. Whether that's a delayed date or an actual date, I don't know but that's when it's supposed to come out

Edit: Been a while since people posted the covers and stuff. I should really start doing them again...

*Looks up*

Um... it's coming out 14th of October. Whether that's a delayed date or an actual date, I don't know but that's when it's supposed to come out

Edit: Been a while since people posted the covers and stuff. I should really start doing them again...

really excited. i could use some sonic to read. i hope the off panel is halloween related.

*Looks up*

Yeah, I got fooled by the release date on some websites. I think I got it. Its the one week break we get every two months. And since Sonic Boom ended, there is another week break.

*Looks up*

Yeah, I got fooled by the release date on some websites. I think I got it. Its the one week break we get every two months. And since Sonic Boom ended, there is another week break.

not gonna lie i kind of wish sonic boom lasted a little longer...

So my thoughts of the new comic... Lupe looks awesome!!! and comeback of Cassia and Clove? SWEET! (I never actually paid any attention to it but I thought Cassia was a dude... ) Not kidding I never paid any attention to the name and so on.. So.. shock.

We welcome another old friend to the new universe as our heroes head on over to Chun-nan!

Archie

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #281
SONIC is SPEEDING down the Dragon Road in “Wings of Fire” Part One: Sonic and the Freedom Fighters travel to city-state of Chun-nan in search of more Gaia Keys! Dulcy the dragon is bringing all her might to help, but is her fledging team ready for end-of-the-world stakes? Could anyone really be? Then in “Homesick,” Bunnie and Tails come to the aid of a Key Guardian in a time of crisis! Featuring Cover art by the totally-terrific Tyson Hesse and a special Valentine’s Day “Love Struck” variant by the super-expressive Diana Skelly!
Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Jamal Peppers, Jennifer Hernandez, Terry Austin, John Workman & Gabriel Cassata
Sonic the Hedgehog #281 CVR A Reg: Tyson Hesse
Sonic the Hedgehog #281 CVR B Variant: Diana Skelly, Rick Bryant & Matt Herms
On Sale Date: 2/10
32-page, full color comic
$3.99 U.S.

Edited by Crossharemega

Huh... I can see the main but not the variant... posting that again to make sure 

latest?cb=20151019212122

Okay then... Dulcy! Wheee! Welcome back! Nice to see you again! And another Silver Sonic that will likely just get burned by Dulcy. Yay!

That variant cover though... it took me a few moments to realise the green person was Breezie... and it backs me up in why I don't ship Sonic with any of them

Huh... I can see the main but not the variant... posting that again to make sure 

Hidden Content

Okay then... Dulcy! Wheee! Welcome back! Nice to see you again! And another Silver Sonic that will likely just get burned by Dulcy. Yay!

That variant cover though... it took me a few moments to realise the green person was Breezie... and it backs me up in why I don't ship Sonic with any of them

so were getting silver sonic redesinged and a story about ships...ian flynn where are you, i must fist bump you.

Um... no. I meant the cover. The story isn't a shipping one :/ and im glad it isn't tbh. I know it would get really out of control. It's better when they don't give an outright ship and just leave it to audience interpretation

Story has something to do with Dulcy

Edited by Dylan

Wow.... Say what you like about Freedom Fighter redesigns, THAT one takes the 'most extreme award'.

Okay, personally, I prefer the new look cause I felt Dulcy was out of place in the Sonic universe.  Though I'll wait an see how her character shapes up.  

Dulcy got more badass!! and the variant cover.. Sonic.. goodluck with the ladies xD

Sound the trumpets, because you knew it was coming.

Three Words:

DARK. PHOENIX. RISING!

http://www.bumbleking.com/solicits/STH282covers.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #282
Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Jamal Peppers, Jennifer Hernandez, Terry Austin, John Workman & Gabriel Cassata
Sonic the Hedgehog #282 CVR A Reg: Tyson Hesse
Sonic the Hedgehog #282 CVR B Variant: T. Rex

SONIC fights FIRE with FURY in “Wings of Fire” Part Two: When Sonic was infected with the Dark Gaia energy, he nearly lost control of his mutant Werehog form. So what happens when an ancient and powerful phoenix gets turned to the dark side?! It’s a three-way battle as Sonic and Dulcy’s teams battle for their lives against the Dark Gaia Phoenix and Egg Army! Then, in “Shards and Sparks,” Knuckles and Mighty reunite to take on Egg Boss Thunderbolt! Featuring cover art by the terrific Tyson Hesse and a spooky “Horror Movie” variant by the mega-talented T. Rex!
Ship Date: 2/24
On Sale Date: 3/9
32-page, full color comic
$3.99 U.S.

Edited by Crossharemega

Yay! More werehogness! What I've been waiting for! :D And Dulocy's going to be there too!

SWEET!! YES! Awesome fight and probably some mind control thing going on?