Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

Yay! The werehog once again! And the Dark Gaia Phoenix! The first boss from unleashed that I didn't die against the first time! And double yay for Knuckles and Mighty team up!

Having read the new issue

Okay, it's good how they are trying to add shades of grey to the conflict.  But...

The trouble is the argument of 'it is better to join Eggman now than protract the conflict' doesn't work.  Eggman doesn't care about his followers, and would willingly sacrifice them all for nothing.  And if he gets the Robotizers back, it's bye bye Mobians.  It's not a petty power struggle.  In the end, its about fighting off extinction.  

Admittedly this holds for the comic version of Eggman.  The other versions, this WOULD be a reasonable argument.

Having read the new issue

Okay, it's good how they are trying to add shades of grey to the conflict.  But...

Hidden Content

that's edgy...

Have to say through the last couple of issues, I've enjoyed taking a look the "good guy" and "bad guy" teams to see the different groups show their individuality like we had with the grandmasters before. Clove and... forget her name... yeah... I can see why they did it if they were desperate, but Clove you don't join the egg legion for something like that. It will backfire on you.

And vulture girl who I forget the name of as well... I didn't see too much special about her. It seemed to be her freedom fighters who made it... interesting. Are the egg legion? I didn't see any cybernetics. Though I was getting some Jack vibes from them I didn't expect they were together. Though it does just seem like they're friends... This is curious... I want Sonic to go back there now (and Tails too since I want reason to ship him with Sonar ;P )

The green Fennec fox whos debut was in the comic before the most recent main series one

I had my suspicions at the previous issue that the Shamar Freedom Fighters aren't what they appear but then I thought I could've been wrong....but I wasn't and this issue didn't displease me. One question I wanna know is....does Trevor Burrow even know what's going on!? He's blind and he's a mole. But neat the end when Sonar and Spike are talking to Nepth...screw it....Vulture Chick, he's just punching the bag. Then again he could be like Daredevil and can be completely observant to all his surroundings. The Clove and Cassia story...I understand the cybernetics but Why throw in your lot with the Eggman!? He doesn't have sympathy for his followers! They be better off going to Uncle Chuck or someone else with medical expertise! The two story's ends were of course to set up things for the next Universe Arc staring everyone's favorite Omlete Dictator. That's my two cents! Well actually it's a buck 75 but you get it!

Edited by Seviper

It looks like the Freedom Fighters are ready to end the Shattered World Crisis once and for all. And there is a hint that a "certain young rabbit will finally have a chance to shine.

Archie

Archie

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #283
Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Jamal Peppers, Jennifer Hernandez, Terry Austin, John Workman & Gabriel Cassata
Sonic the Hedgehog #283 CVR A Reg: Diana Skelly
Sonic the Hedgehog #283 CVR B Variant: Adam Bryce Thomas, Gary Martin & Gabriel Cassata

SONIC and the FREEDOM FIGHTERS are GO in “The Mission”: Sonic and Sally put out the call to the world! They have the Chaos Emeralds, they have the Gaia Keys, and now they have a plan! And the central hero to it all is… Cream?! Then, in “Zero Hour,” Dr. Eggman finally tracks down Phage! And when Tails Doll gives the mad doctor some crucial info, will Sonic’s plans for saving the world fall apart? Featuring cover art by the delightful Diana Skelly and a “GUARDIANS” variant cover by the amazing Adam Bryce Thomas!
On Sale Date: 4/13
32-page, full color comic
$3.99 U.S.

Edited by Crossharemega

Central hero Cream... huh... I don't expect it through a fight match though. Maybe she needs to sing something or... I don't know. But hey! There's Lupe and an awesome looking dragon on the cover who doesn't look like Dulcy! New character maybe? I like dragons so I'll be happy with that! And there's Sonar and her team again. I did say I wanted to see more but I didn't expect it that quickly!

Ilovedatvariantcoverdoe! Very "Guardians of the galaxy"-ish. And that was an awesome movie so I love it more! :3

1 person likes this

At least Cream finally gets to be in the spotlight.

Ha! Guardians of the Galaxy variant!

Sonic would be Starlord. Sally would be Gamora. Tails I could see as Rocket but not as mean. Big would be Groot. And Knuckles would be Drax.

It looks like the Freedom Fighters are ready to end the Shattered World Crisis once and for all. And there is a hint that a "certain young rabbit will finally have a chance to shine.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #283
Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Jamal Peppers, Jennifer Hernandez, Terry Austin, John Workman & Gabriel Cassata
Sonic the Hedgehog #283 CVR A Reg: Diana Skelly
Sonic the Hedgehog #283 CVR B Variant: Adam Bryce Thomas, Gary Martin & Gabriel Cassata

SONIC and the FREEDOM FIGHTERS are GO in “The Mission”: Sonic and Sally put out the call to the world! They have the Chaos Emeralds, they have the Gaia Keys, and now they have a plan! And the central hero to it all is… Cream?! Then, in “Zero Hour,” Dr. Eggman finally tracks down Phage! And when Tails Doll gives the mad doctor some crucial info, will Sonic’s plans for saving the world fall apart? Featuring cover art by the delightful Diana Skelly and a “GUARDIANS” variant cover by the amazing Adam Bryce Thomas!
On Sale Date: 4/13
32-page, full color comic
$3.99 U.S.

well glad to see lupe is still gonna be around.

She's already been in the reboot.

She's already been in the reboot.

i know, i saw the issue. i had no idea who she was though, i have seen sonic SATAM, but it's been a long time since i have.

Yeah, but I sure do miss her old team and family. Aerial and Athena, especially.

Yeah, but I sure do miss her old team and family. Aerial and Athena, especially.

i don't recall seeing them. in fact i forgot that lupe was an SATAM character cause again, it's been a while since i've seen SATAM.

Lupe appeared in SatAM with some of the wolf pack. Aerial and Athena were not in SatAM. I'm not sure but... wait... let me check

*Does a quick check* Ah... yeah... they are Pendersman characters. So... they won't be appearing. Neither will Lupe's direct family... and while I Leeta and Lyco... probably weren't Penders creations, I expect Archie's going to just redo the wold pack altogether

Lupe appeared in SatAM with some of the wolf pack. Aerial and Athena were not in SatAM. I'm not sure but... wait... let me check

*Does a quick check* Ah... yeah... they are Pendersman characters. So... they won't be appearing. Neither will Lupe's direct family... and while I Leeta and Lyco... probably weren't Penders creations, I expect Archie's going to just redo the wold pack altogether

I agree with Dylan here, although it would've been nice to see them again, they'll probably reboot it. Makes me wonder though, who or what could be next for remakes...

i kind of hope li moon comes back (from the journey of the east comics.) i'm not sure who made her but i hope it was flynn, which it probably should be since penders was off making a movie at the time that comic was made i believe.

No. Li Moon I an old character. Pretty sure she was introduced before he joined

She was introduced WAY before along with Regina Ferrum, around the time Sonic and Tails were chasing Nagus after Robotnik's defeat in Endgame.

I do like the story so far after the reboot, being a fan of the Unleashed game and all. I'm still hoping they'll bring in more characters from the old timeline, like Shard and the SFF. At least Shard, I miss him.

I do like the story so far after the reboot, being a fan of the Unleashed game and all. I'm still hoping they'll bring in more characters from the old timeline, like Shard and the SFF. At least Shard, I miss him.

Nother gonna happen, I'm afraid. Shard's connection to the old continuity (that being his power gem) wasn't created by Ian or SEGA, so Shard can't be used. (Unless there was some kind of workaround for it, but there isn't one right now.) The rest of the SFF (barring Silver, obviously) definitely ain't coming back.

Nother gonna happen, I'm afraid. Shard's connection to the old continuity (that being his power gem) wasn't created by Ian or SEGA, so Shard can't be used. (Unless there was some kind of workaround for it, but there isn't one right now.) The rest of the SFF (barring Silver, obviously) definitely ain't coming back.

do'h...well, i hope by 2018 there's a workaround of anther settlement.

Actually Shard is a possibility for returning. While the power gem is from an old story it was originally from the metal Sonic that fought Knuckles and his chaotix on Angel island. And that story was actually adapted from the fame Knuckles Chaotix. Meanibg the power gem is from a game and possibly usable in the new continuity.

Actually Shard is a possibility for returning. While the power gem is from an old story it was originally from the metal Sonic that fought Knuckles and his chaotix on Angel island. And that story was actually adapted from the fame Knuckles Chaotix. Meanibg the power gem is from a game and possibly usable in the new continuity.

and there's a part of me that wants the new reboot shard to be a good metal sonic that was made by tails. it certainly would make scenes since tails is tech sabby.