BlurryDawgo

Ken Penders Topic...

649 posts in this topic

Oh, for the love of... This won't end will it? I don't think this going to do even Penders much good. The man managed to get out of that original legal war with a barely clean nose and now he's wanting a second round!? I'm sorry, but I get the feeling he's got some sort of chip on his shoulder and it's not just to do with the copyright.

So....No dark brotherhood 2 for us.

No penders, No !!!

You mean some people still believe thar sequel would show up one day?

Really I'm not worried about a game. I just hoped that Sega would one day let Flynn use characters in the comic.

Well, I'm not sure that EA asked Ken or Archie about the Nocturnus Clan before they did it. The clan DOES have a noticeable similarity to the Legion. Huh. And I thought this forum would end up getting locked.

The Penders is watching. No one can Lock him.

He'll be back.

Well, I'm not sure that EA asked Ken or Archie about the Nocturnus Clan before they did it. The clan DOES have a noticeable similarity to the Legion. Huh. And I thought this forum would end up getting locked.

No one locks this forum without my permission. Especially not Penders.

It definitely seems like Penders has something to prove. Any sane man would have moved on. On the subject of the Nocturnus, they may be similar to the Legion, but they are certainly not one and the same. Artists have been using others' ideas since time immemorial, and I'm pretty sure his idea of a character's species/ancestors being in an alternate dimension has been used by someone else well before him. So I'm not convinced he'll be successful in his claim, but I'm not an expert on copyright law either.

Someone said That there were more in he bargain than simply echidna..... Maybe it's actually the case?

I blame Satan for this!

Edited by BlueBlur62391

You mean SATam? Yes, Naugus was in the show, but I'm not sure if he was referred to as Ixis. So Ixis may actually belong to Penders after all. As if he didn't have enough

This is getting ridiculous. between what's real and what isn't, doubt are starting to be made.

It was just "Naugus". Same think with King Acorn, who was never called "Max", so Ken apparently owns this as well.

If I remember correctly, Ixis was actually used in SATam's bible notes just that Naugus wasn't called that in the actual show so it wasn't Penders' idea. I'm not very sure, someone should look it up.

Well, I'm P*ssed to the max, I'm not really liking the reboot at all. Thank you so bloody much Mr Penders for ruining the greatest comic book series ever. It's all your friggin' fault. But like I said before I will still read the book, just can't help but keep remembering this mess happened and screwed up the comics forcing Archie to have a soft reboot to make up for the loss of characters and places that Penders created. I'll try to my best to forget about it and move on.

Hey, don't be sad. At least, it's not a full reboot, like in all those others comic books....

Okay, I am enjoying the reboot, quite a lot but it will never be the same without all the Penders characters

1 person likes this

I hate to say it, but I might have preferred a full reboot over this half one. But, I'll wait and see how it plays out. I am enjoy the story, but still not sure about this new world until we get to know it better.

What we need to, is waiting for at least 2 arc to complete. That ought to give us a good look on how things will turn out.

But still, Sally with clothes... That's so unreal...

They would do the semi-reboot even without Penders' interference!

Hey, don't be sad. At least, it's not a full reboot, like in all those others comic books....

Yeah, you have a point. I'm aware of it, at least they still remember the old world. I just miss the old world so bad, the Sonic Encyclopaedia delivered it so well and I was excited for more potential stories and it all ended up being thrown away. Not to mention I was introduced to the book with the Genesis arc and I went back catching up with the series and fell in love with it and look what happened before it could even reach the next milestone issue. Maybe I'm saying too much, like you said we should wait for 2 arcs completed and we'll see what we get.

They would do the semi-reboot even without Penders' interference!

No, who said that? Ian had been repeatedly saying that his original plans up to issue 300 have been thrown out the window (So sad to hear that personally) and had to start all his plans again because one by one both characters and places were slowly stripped from him and cannot be used. The only elements kept was that the Freedom Fighters were supposed to be introduced back and having redesigns but Ian never thought the Pendering would affect the book. To think Ian use to brag about how SEGA gave him so much creative freedom only for them to stab him in the back like that, can tell he's under lots of stress from this.

On a lighter note, I have an interesting theory. What if Julie-Su does return, but in the form of Shade? I know it probably won't happen, but I think that would be a really good idea.

Yeah, you have a point. I'm aware of it, at least they still remember the old world. I just miss the old world so bad, the Sonic Encyclopaedia delivered it so well and I was excited for more potential stories and it all ended up being thrown away. Not to mention I was introduced to the book with the Genesis arc and I went back catching up with the series and fell in love with it and look what happened before it could even reach the next milestone issue. Maybe I'm saying too much, like you said we should wait for 2 arcs completed and we'll see what we get.

No, who said that? Ian had been repeatedly saying that his original plans up to issue 300 have been thrown out the window (So sad to hear that personally) and had to start all his plans again because one by one both characters and places were slowly stripped from him and cannot be used. The only elements kept was that the Freedom Fighters were supposed to be introduced back and having redesigns but Ian never thought the Pendering would affect the book. To think Ian use to brag about how SEGA gave him so much creative freedom only for them to stab him in the back like that, can tell he's under lots of stress from this.

All the way to 300!? Crikey, I really do feel sorry for Ian about all this. In my opinion, Sega's lucky they got such a good writer for the comic. With the talent Ian has, they should really let him go wild with what he has in mind. As if the Pendermonium was already restricting creative flow. Now we've got Sega limiting things even more. Are they aware of the winning formula the comic has had for all these years?

1 person likes this

Hum .... "winning formula".

one word: DESTINY .

appart from that, yes, it got better, a lot better .

On a lighter note, I have an interesting theory. What if Julie-Su does return, but in the form of Shade? I know it probably won't happen, but I think that would be a really good idea.

That would be pretty weird. Interesting, but weird. I would doubt it

Isn't Pender's trying to go after Chronicles as well? If so, doubt this'll happen. Shame, cause I really liked Shade.