BlurryDawgo

Ken Penders Topic...

649 posts in this topic

I am 85% confident that Archie will win. Strength in numbers.

God I hope so. If all the echidna's just stay dead and Geofrey goes then I'm gonna be P*ssed

Well, here's what I can say about Ken that's positive. He wouldn't make a Road Runner parody like Michael Gallanger would have. I mean, Eggman with dynamite? Crazy!

Pender's is basically a money grabbing jerk.

1 person likes this

why the hatred about ken ? At first I was P*ssed of at him too, I mean come on, Lien-da and juli-su were some of my favorite characters !!! then again, all I can say about him, is that he made a very wrong decision , when he made a quite personnal work out of what is basically a periodical month issue comic....

1 person likes this

why the hatred about ken ? At first I was P*ssed of at him too, I mean come on, Lien-da and juli-su were some of my favorite characters !!! then again, all I can say about him, is that he made a very wrong decision , when he made a quite personnal work out of what is basically a periodical month issue comic....

His work was terrible and he constantly bashes Flynn for ruining the comic, ironic considering Flynn tried to take it in the direction Penders intended and then he tried suing Archie for it. As for his writing. Issue 154 I think says enough

Kender has made some good characters like Rob o' the Hedge and Mammoth Mogul but suing Archie comics isn't the smartest idea.

He didnt create Mogul, (and really, Rob is just Sonic as Robin Hood. Ken sure didnt work hard on creating him) and I alredy posts in 2 post my reasons for hating him. Since topic is only 3 pages long I wont repeat myself.

1 person likes this

Well, the lawsuit's over. The judge dismissed both sides. What does this mean? Well, for Penders, it means he can move forward with his Chronicles idea, but other than that the details are sketchy. For Archie, I think they can now use the characters once more, so I think fans can now breath sighs of relief. However, if we're going to see the Echidnas again, then it'll be a while, since the suit just ended and you all know how far comic stories are pre planned. However, at least we can now have confidence that the comic is now able to continue as usual :)

1 person likes this

goody, less scare for us , and more fun for penders :D

Well, the lawsuit's over. The judge dismissed both sides. What does this mean? Well, for Penders, it means he can move forward with his Chronicles idea, but other than that the details are sketchy. For Archie, I think they can now use the characters once more, so I think fans can now breath sighs of relief. However, if we're going to see the Echidnas again, then it'll be a while, since the suit just ended and you all know how far comic stories are pre planned. However, at least we can now have confidence that the comic is now able to continue as usual :)

I'm worried that Archie will pussy out and not use them anyway. I hope to Lord Fiest himself that that isnt the case

I'm worried that Archie will pussy out and not use them anyway. I hope to Lord Fiest himself that that isnt the case

Yeah it would be very upsetting if we lost all those characters =(

Also assuming Penders is using the downgrade designs he gave to Julie-Su and the others wouldn't that mean he has nothing on Shade aside from a somewhat similar but pretty much different backstory

1 person likes this

Yeah it would be very upsetting if we lost all those characters =(

Also assuming Penders is using the downgrade designs he gave to Julie-Su and the others wouldn't that mean he has nothing on Shade aside from a somewhat similar but pretty much different backstory

I'm assuming (and hoping) Lara Su chronicles or whatever is not going to be cannon

That sounds oddly like a reboot. "Some of you are going to love what we’re about to do, and some of you will probably say we should’ve done it sooner." ? I'm slighty nervous.

If anyone's curious, I've started a new topic on the teaser image of events Post-Worlds Collide from STH#250. It certainly adds a new layer of curiosity on top of Ian Flynn's post.

Seriously hoping that it won't come to that...I mean it can't be that hard to create new adventures for Sonic to go on while avoiding Penders content I mean..yeah it'll be hard but it won't be as hard as Penders trying to sell his stories

I'm assuming (and hoping) Lara Su chronicles or whatever is not going to be cannon

I think I read somewhere that Penders said that all the stuff in the comic would be cannon except there is only ONE Enerjak and Locke is still ALIVE

Those are some really big change, not to mention I can't imagine Archie wanting anything to do with Penders "Lara-Su Chronicles" after just dealing with his copyright lawsuit,so I don't think you have to worry about that.

I'm new to this forum but I don't get the Penders hatred either. it seems to me from what I've been reading online that all of the tug-of-war between Archie and Penders could have been resolved from day one if Archie simply agreed to pay royalties for the reissue of Penders's work when they released the Sonic Archives. Also Penders didn't sue Archie at all. They sued him, but the case has now been dismissed.

Penders stated on his forum that he had nothing to do with Archie's decision to kill off characters. Archie could have continued to use the characters all along, but it seems they would rather remove the characters Penders created than pay royalties.

I don't think it's unreasonable for Penders or any of the writers to get paid for reissues of the work. If Bioware approached him in the creation of the video game as has been stated, he deserves credit here as well. That certainly doesn't sound like a tantrum to me.

News: Penders artwork actually got worse http://www.tssznews.com/2013/07/19/ken-penders-reveals-new-direction-for-the-lara-su-chronicles/

The talk on the nets seems to center on, “Who’s going to buy Pender’s comic?” We’ll folks, a comic was never in the plans. So what are the plans? Digital downloads, graphic novels,

<sight> Ok, Penders. 2 things: 1)graphic novel is pretty much a comic 2) you missed the point of question.

1 person likes this

I just read your link..... That's officila, he need to hire someone else to draw for Him; Or else, even I, will not be able to handle it; And god know I can handle bad art.

His art has gotten worst indeed, but apparently the whole reason why Lara-Su looks different now is because (according to what I've heard, I may be wrong) one of the settlement terms is that Penders is allowed to continue with his plans but can no longer use the Sega style for the characters. Hence, so weird to look at it when you're thinking of a Sega character.

He has gotten everyone's attention, but I'm not caring about his project one bit, can't believe he is trying to make a movie out of this. He already tried this before.

I'm new to this forum but I don't get the Penders hatred either. it seems to me from what I've been reading online that all of the tug-of-war between Archie and Penders could have been resolved from day one if Archie simply agreed to pay royalties for the reissue of Penders's work when they released the Sonic Archives. Also Penders didn't sue Archie at all. They sued him, but the case has now been dismissed.

Penders stated on his forum that he had nothing to do with Archie's decision to kill off characters. Archie could have continued to use the characters all along, but it seems they would rather remove the characters Penders created than pay royalties.

I don't think it's unreasonable for Penders or any of the writers to get paid for reissues of the work. If Bioware approached him in the creation of the video game as has been stated, he deserves credit here as well. That certainly doesn't sound like a tantrum to me.

Firstly, welcome to the forums! Hope you'll enjoy being here. Secondly, I wanna say that, yes, Archie did sue him first but it was because Penders was trying to get copyright of his characters to use it against Sega and EA for apparently ripping off his characters which are the Marauders of Sonic Chronicles. Archie stated Ken had signed a contract before he left the company that his ideas were Archie's, and more importantly, Sega's. But the document has been lost and it was one of the big problems why this lawsuit endured so long.

Personally for me he doesn't deserve to be paid loyalties because of the trouble and comments he made against the comic and the current staff, saying Ian and the rest are making money out of something they didn't create among other things, what hypocrisy. After all these years he suddenly steps in demanding royalties, him being credited is enough already, its not like Archie removed his name from the reprints.

News: Penders artwork actually got worse http://www.tssznews....-su-chronicles/

<sight> Ok, Penders. 2 things: 1)graphic novel is pretty much a comic 2) you missed the point of question.

Oh dear... I don't think even the Japanese would be willing to make an anime show with that art style.

I'll never see Lara-Su the same way again ;-;

Lara-Su_Pro.jpg

also now I'm absolutely afraid of the revamp of the revamp for Lien-Da..

All revamps aside

Penders sure is aiming quite high... I mean a possible movie or TV show, Digital downloads, I'm sorry I just can't see that happening

and even if it all does somehow happen, It won't be the Lara-Su we all knew and loved, Same goes for Julie-Su and the others =(

Dog,they Made FLCL . Anything can happen.....

That aside.... Thank you Zonic.... Now i'm scared. Seriously? Lien-da? We'll have to call that day the "Lien-da-Penders day", in hommage of every peoples who fought for the freedom of their favorites characters.

Sorry =/ it's just Lien-Da's current revamp was ugly already....and seeing how hideous Lara-Su looks now....There will be a whole new level of ugly in the world

Anyway I think the Penders Betrayal day has a better ring to it =/ either that or the day Lara-Su died