BlurryDawgo

Ken Penders Topic...

649 posts in this topic

I can't name one. And yes, this isn't the kind of place for this sort of thing. He needs to think about who's going to be reading these comics, and since this is a kids comic, he needs to think about whether this is appropriate for kids to be reading

Precisely. I sometimes wonder if he was aiming for the comic to lean more toward a more mature audience, but even still I don't think having characters that way is the best idea even for older people.

Oh noes, the kids might have caught teh gey! *facepalm* I don't care if that's not what you mean. That's what you sound like.

I don't like Penders and I don't like what the lawsuit might potentially do to the comic, but can you guys either give me a non-homophobic reason why Rotor and Kneecaps being gay would've been a bad thing*, or shut up about it?

Really, come on you guys. Please don't go there.

(*The only answer that I'll accept as not homophobic is that the Soccer Moms would've B*tched about it, which I'm sure is their reason for only kind of hinting it to begin with anyway.)

1 person likes this

Well it sounds to me he was just going to do it for the sake of doing it. He probably just thought "hey let's make Rotor gay". Doing stuff on a whim is not exactly the best way to treat your characters. Also he'd never get away with it. The comic is aimed at children and the US is its primary market, and they really aren't fond of anything even acknowledging homosexuality in stuff aimed at kids.

Well, okay, yeah. Doing things for the sake of doing them is dumb, especially in Rotor's case, because Rotor's been around since SATAM and is well established as a character. Kneecaps though was created by Penders in the first place, so Penders kind of had more of a right to decide what Kneecaps sexuality was/would be in 25TYL, especially since he's only a baby in the present time of the comic so he had zero characterization at that point anyway. However, like I said you're also right about how it would've been problematic then to introduce that into a kid's comic, but only because parents would've complained and there would've been a lot of controversy. They might have a bit more luck nowadays, but even then people probably would still complain, so I doubt they'd ever do it.

Ok, What the kcfu ? You do realize you are complaining about the sexuality of what is basically a one year old fictionnal antropomorphic baby right ?

Just sayan.

Well it sounds to me he was just going to do it for the sake of doing it. He probably just thought "hey let's make Rotor gay". Doing stuff on a whim is not exactly the best way to treat your characters. Also he'd never get away with it. The comic is aimed at children and the US is its primary market, and they really aren't fond of anything even acknowledging homosexuality in stuff aimed at kids.

Wow. That kind of thing has happened with Spongebob once.

Same thing with Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street.

On a scale of one to ten, how messed up would it be if Ken did either of those shows?

Well, He did Star trek you know ? So far , that's how he got His reputation I think.

yes..... didn't they teach you to do some research on a subject before giving an opinion? No offense.

He was also a Star Trek fan,some of his stories and characters were based off it.

Moonwatcher looks like a good example

Welp As much as it pains me to type this....I think Penders just killed any interest of me wanting his characters to return to the comic with his "conditions" if the Kickstarter is a success

http://www.kenpenders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2595

If there's another way that doesn't require Mobius 25 years later to be canon (and by extension the Lara-Su Chronicles) then I'm all for it

Dude, who care? no matter what , Locke is still dead. At best, he might just come back in the comic ! But on the other hand, It appear that Knuckle's mom is going to have even less screen time than before. Too bad.

Also, It might break any chance for knuckles of having another mini-serie.

Wait. Locke's dead. Timeline in X years later changed. Does it really matter now if Locke's death contradicts his X years later?

he died from what appeared to be leukemia, or something, due to high emission of chao energy.

I've heard of this and I'm mad since if anything involving Pender's characters have to reviewed by him, it's like he's the second SEGA now. I want those characters back and having Archie with the freedom of writing them without Penders again, those days are long gone sadly. Sigh, I seriously doubt either Archie or SEGA would be interested to get the characters back after this whole legal mess they went through. Great, I think the last remaining few of my favorite characters are all gone from the book offically and the comic's original plans have been screwed up. At least the SATam cast is still here but it doesn't feel right anymore with many important characters purged.

Yeah, but he also died stopping Knuckles Enerjax. And the timeline in X years later was changed anyway, so it doesn't really matter if his death in stopping Enerjax contradicts his other death

So his "nothing must contradict what was established in my MOBIUS: 25 YEARS LATER stories" is kinda stupid in some sense.

3 people like this

Given how as far as I know making XYL canon would mean that abomination King Shadow is Shadow's real future, I hope they don't reintroduce Penders' characters while that condition still stands.

I think they will keep the original 25 years later, rather than the "alternate" one.... I hope.

As for arty: Only three character are untouchable. And so far , only knuckle's mom as to be reviewed. So that mean knuckle might officially be an orphan.

It's Lara-Su whose untouchable not Lara-Le, I think you mixed that up Locke. Knuckles' mom is safe. Penders actually said they can use them but have to review them by him first, least he's open to it. If they're coming back it's gonna be a long while, I kinda doubt it though.

You read the thing ? They are coming back. When? We don't know.

And that's all . They are coming back. This is the only thing we need to know. Just like toonami.

Penders said elsewhere Archie can use them but I highly doubt they would bother after this whole mess like I mentioned perviously, some fans are even suggesting Penders might be lying though.

->Fan

-> Suggesting.

So arty, I though of you as someone better than that. Listening to this kind of rumors... really?

Beside, They are coming back, don't worry. And don't go on bumbleking hoping for more information like this. Saying bad things on someone like that can be a crime.

1 person likes this