BlurryDawgo

Ken Penders Topic...

649 posts in this topic

Well, Many people are hinting at a more "sega-ish" Origin story, rather than this quite controversial Continuity we had in archie for all those years.

Maybe a possible use of the Marauder ?

And yes Nega , I'm the shade of a person that once was, so stop complaining about not being in the comic. At least you exist.

Well, unlike "you", "I" haven't had a proper appearence yet (and probably never will, unless SEGA change their mind). Besides, it's not like the original comics have been completely removed from reality, so "your" legacy still lives on in the old issues. (I'm not trying to start a fight, I think the Penders conflict is quite enough here.)

Anyway, it's likely that they'll opt for a more games-esque backstory for Knux (being the only one of his kind, descendant of the Knucles Clan etc.), but I'm sure Ian will try to trow a few curveballs here-and-there to liven things up. Heck, maybe he'll explain why Knux never seems to guard the Master Emerald in recent years/games...

I'm not mad at you. It's alright. But Locke still has been more or less erased from reality. And he is not coming back.....

At the moment, I'm hoping for two things : That Flynn outdone himself in a way that I can forget About the old characters.... And that Penders's book Is actually Darn good.

I'm not mad at you. It's alright. But Locke still has been more or less erased from reality. And he is not coming back.....

At the moment, I'm hoping for two things : That Flynn outdone himself in a way that I can forget About the old characters.... And that Penders's book Is actually Darn good.

I'm leaning more on the former as the likeliest to happen.

Well, unlike "you", "I" haven't had a proper appearence yet (and probably never will, unless SEGA change their mind). Besides, it's not like the original comics have been completely removed from reality, so "your" legacy still lives on in the old issues. (I'm not trying to start a fight, I think the Penders conflict is quite enough here.)

Anyway, it's likely that they'll opt for a more games-esque backstory for Knux (being the only one of his kind, descendant of the Knucles Clan etc.), but I'm sure Ian will try to trow a few curveballs here-and-there to liven things up. Heck, maybe he'll explain why Knux never seems to guard the Master Emerald in recent years/games...

I'm hoping Knuckles won't remain the only one of his kind for too long. If they can get around any possible hiccups, they could try and use Sonic Chronicles characters.

Edited by HyperMetal50

Goeffrey tried, Aurora Tired. Dylan tired.

My answer to them was a single swift and efficient "NO" . I will not hesitate to do it again if I have to.

Goeffrey tried, Aurora Tired. Dylan tired.

My answer to them was a single swift and efficient "NO" . I will not hesitate to do it again if I have to.

And to be honest, I'm really glad that's your answer.

Enought off topic for now, before a mod moves us all.

Locke at least, got a sense of closure in his death. It wasn't the case of many others. Lien-da , for exemple, is the character that showed the most potential. Starting from a secondary character appearing regularly, she became a full fledged character eventually.

But what happened then, is saddening me. We will probably never see her again. And only julie-su had an actual counter part in Sonic chronicle, the other being Finitevus.

Edited by Shadow
You came just in time with that.

Fack. No more lien-da. no more Locke. No more 5 month homosexual baby.

This is quite the shock for me to learn this.

"Fack." Oh god if only you knew what that was.

Well, Knuckles' backstory will be less like, as Ian says, "a Hot Pocket of Destiny".

I hate it when real life rears it's ugly head in fiction. It's crazy universe resets and huge amounts of back story that make me avoid american comics like the plague anyway. Heck I only reason I got into sonic was that I wanted a good laugh one day when I was really bored and was surprised at how good it was.

So Ken Penders always planned for Mobius 25 years later to be one and true future for the comic. Lets ignore for a second problems like killing tension, making Tails and Mina couple, stating and Knuckles will defeat Eggman and other massive problems with that.

This was project that was Ken planned for very beggining, first time seen in Sonic In Your Face special and Sonic 22. Great planning and great world building, right?

Then why mr Penders, tell why did you planned to kill Sally in Endgame when it was clearly stated that Nicole was meant to die in final fight with Robotnik? In fact Nicole was never even mentioned during entire story, Didnt she get damaged when Sally fall to her death? Did anyone took her out of her jacket? What was her reaction?...Nah, no one cares, we needed pointless Downunda plotpoint more, am I right?

1 person likes this

Calm down Man. Penders is an interestig writer , But he seems to be doing things by half . And obviously , the missing part is always the most interesting. Now , let's forget the time contraint and think about his upcoming book.

He spent his time telling everywhere that Archie was ampering his possibilities with time contraint and greenlight from sega . So be it. But now, He'll be fully free to act as he see fit .

For me , that just mean one thing : He has no right to mess this up . Or else , all the Poopstorm that happenned for almost 3 years would have been done for nothing .

And there, I would not forgive him .

I suppose from technical point of view my complains are uncalled for. After all I never even noticed them. But remember that I could. If Penders had it his way, M25YL would be canon and Sally would be dead. It one of these two things happen my complains would be more that justified.

I did my research.I knot that In Your Face was meant to be canon and that it was Penders who decided that Sally should die, if fact he spoiled it almost year before it happened. And I read him proudly stating that his plan was planned all along and that turning stories uncanon was bad and all that stuff.

Yes, Sega, editors and time constrain limited him, that why I give a pass to some of his stories later. Hovewer he had time to plot Endgame, plenty of it. He thought that will be last story ever published. and yet is sucked anyway. And lack of any higher forced ordering him around only would make thing worse.

So keep it in mind, if Penders decides he has to end his series after lets say 14 issues*, I doubt he will do it in dignified way.

*I not saying 14 issues to be spiteful, on contrary. Remeber he wil make graphic novels.

Yes .... "graphic novel".

None the less , we can only wait and see.

That's just ludicrous. I'm sorry, but if it takes you 10 years to claim copyright infringement, then clearly it shouldn't have been claimed at all. This abuse of copyright law boggles the mind. I can only hope the case gets immediately tossed out of court.

Well, if anyone was still trying to defend him.... Yeah, final nail in the coffin as far as that is concerned.

I was Trying to defend him in a way.

Screw this, from now on, I'm neutral.

@MetalSkulkBane, I agree about Penders' stories. Endgame's original plan just seemed stupid in my opinion (Sally's death seems like a way for cheap drama) and the MXYL story was completely unnecessary for the comic. Plus it was boring.

So he's trying to sue Sega now? This guy really needs to get over himself.

about the Mobious years later . I cannot say it was boring. There, Penders was merely trying to set an atmosphere, and He MESSED IT UP, by writing a freaking story about how Locke died of... cancer . That's Cheap Penders.

Also, I still think the one year long Travel of Knuckles with archimedes would have been way better as an introduction, rather than this poor excuse of an history class.

That did Locke no justice. Not at all. Cancer? Seriously? Makes you more grateful to Ian for changing it completely.