Danny Felixe

Sonic Runners (2015, Smartphone)

149 posts in this topic

I doubt Sonic Runners is meant to be any serious contribution to the Sonic series as much as a fun little time waster like Sonic Dash.  If this game were brought to consoles, it would probably not be very well received, to say the least.  I'm interested to see where it goes at least, but I'm not super hyped.

It's probably something I want to try..But then I won't play it more than three times and then forget it... Probably same as Sonic Runners. Four times. The End.

given the fact the fact that mobile gaming is an ever expansive market with a lot less cost than both pc and console,I saw it coming. 

After all , all you need to play these is a mere smartphone , now very easy to come by and reasonnably powerful at a low price.

with thehigh number of these around, that´s just as many potential customers forsega. they got a society to run after all.

We have a teaser trailer! (In Japanese)

If you can't understand what's being said these details can be picked out

• Stages are designed to be one or two minutes long.
  • The game is a 2D action side-scroller.
  • Controls are designed to be operable with one hand.
  • It seems you will move forward automatically, and will tap the screen to jump.
  • Dr. Eggman will appear in the game as a boss.
  • There is talks of colour powers, and having a companion in the game. Wisps to return? - (I've seen the Mother Wisp in a couple of background pictures with the game so this is entirely possible)
  • There will be new music for the game.
  • Familiar elements like rings and loop-de-loops return.

And those who called out this would be a smartphone game, congrats to you

Source: http://www.sonicstadium.org/2015/02/sonic-runners-release-date-and-gameplay-detailed-by-famitsu/

What does everyone think?

That teaser trailer suck it wasn't nothing but a little nostalgia trip that go from sonic 1 to sonic 4 episode 2 and give zero thing to be expecting. 

Maybe the game will look something like what you see on the nostalgia trip

(Spoiler because of the big image)

CboLLns.jpg

Unstoppable....SONIC! Showing Tails in the background! Okay SEGA...okaaay :'D

"Top the reach of the Peak" sounds like the other mobile game who was in a Hype. What was it? Doodlejump? Okay now we get a Doodlesonic. What does this trailer showing me? Oh yeah Sonics is running. What a plot!

Let's move this "it is a mobile game" argument from myself behind and looking on the comming plot but...I see no plot here. Interesting. This is getting better and better.

Edited by Centaur Man

Well at least from what I've seen there's going to be some old-new elements.. Besides Different Characters.. Espio wasn't in the last Sonic mobile game now was he?

Edited by Shinomi-chan

The trailer make it sound like it was an anniversary title.

They better put MS in it! >.< and it won't be for Android?

"Top the reach of the Peak" sounds like the other mobile game who was in a Hype. What was it? Doodlejump? Okay now we get a Doodlesonic. What does this trailer showing me? Oh yeah Sonics is running. What a plot!

Doodlejump was tge jumping game. We already have Doodlesonic tgrough Sonic Jump (and Sonic Jump fever I guess). Interesting fact: The mobile version of Sonic Jump came before Doodlejump. Who's copying who?

As for plot... when they say it's for Smarthones that pretty much blew the chances of there being a plot

Well at least from what I've seen there's going to be some old-new elements.. Besides Different Characters.. Espio wasn't in the last Sonic mobile game now was he?

I think there were a few characters not included, Espio being one

The trailer make it sound like it was an anniversary title.

Did it? I couldn't understand the Japanese so I wouldn't know

They better put MS in it! >.< and it won't be for Android?

If this is a running game with bosses they ought to put metal in at some point. Also, it's for Smartphones so if it's not on Android I would be surprised

Needs more Chao...

I hope those are the companions

They better put MS in it! >.< 

Like it!

Doodlejump was tge jumping game. We already have Doodlesonic tgrough Sonic Jump (and Sonic Jump fever I guess). Interesting fact: The mobile version of Sonic Jump came before Doodlejump. Who's copying who?

I am speaking of when Sonic Jump got famous (not the original). It was around 2012. Doodlejump was around 2009.

As for plot... when they say it's for Smarthones that pretty much blew the chances of there being a plot

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II had a plot. Not much, but it was a plot.

Like it!

I am speaking of when Sonic Jump got famous (not the original). It was around 2012. Doodlejump was around 2009.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II had a plot. Not much, but it was a plot.

They did said it would get split up into episode 50 each if I'm mistaking it just won't be one whole over arcing story like the other titles.

On a bright side, 2D Sonic games are less prone to total failures. Looking back at the GBA and DS titles, it's safe to say Sonic is alive and well in handheld consoles. Beside, the game will be free, so I'm looking forward to it.

I really wish this will be a step up from Sonic Jump... I mean it was good for a mobile game but.. It could have used something more... Not sure how to explain...

We got gameplay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCbd6cHe2Sw

I saw that earlier finally I have to say I'm very impress. 

Wow o_o Seems like it's going to be good game actually much better than Sonic Jump... Probably as addicting. But there are much more choices to make in this one and Since there is some dialogue in it... Do you guys think it has sort of like small story in it?

We got gameplay!

Sonic, Tails and Knuckles? ....Sonic Heroes 2 is confirmed? xP

Hey.. Now that you mention.. They DID show all the same characters as in Sonic Heroes.. o_o YOU Centaur Man may be on to something there!

Wisps are there... right...

Chaos are there and can be hatched... YAY!

And while I can't understand what is being said... other characters to play? Maybe? That would be good

It really is just Sonic Heroes all over again o_o I mean c'mon.. We saw all the characters that were in Sonic Heroes.. And Chaos...

It really is just Sonic Heroes all over again o_o I mean c'mon.. We saw all the characters that were in Sonic Heroes.. And Chaos...

Except No Omega, and Amy was the only one in Team Rose... that I saw.

Er... does this mean Amy is joining team Dark?  :huh: