Sonic the Hedgehog (2019 Movie)

182 posts in this topic

Posted

Wait what?

They LISTENED?

Talk about taking their time in doing so. I appreciate that they realise mistakes have been made in the end though. Do I think this is going to fix everything with the movie? No. Do I think this is a step in the right direction? Yes

Considering this movie is the director's first feature length. He was perhaps more open to criticism than a veteran director would be

Posted

Unless they announce a delay for the film's release and/or they start overworking the animators HARD (the latter of which is a terrible thought), I don't see the design changing much from what we've already seen.

Either way, changing Sonic's look alone isn't gonna convince me to see this. I found the trailer to be unremarkable at best, with Carrey being the only standout thing (even though he's really just playing a typical Jim Carrey role, not the Eggman I know and love to hate).

Posted

Good. Good. Maybe I can sleep well tonight. It won't save the movie much but at least it'll make that design look slightly less hideous and not make me kill it with fire. Maybe.

1 person likes this

Posted

So yeah we all know the plot is going to be as basic as it gets, but yeah considering it was the Directors first time ever, I don't blame them. We all start from somewhere, and honestly this movie is playing it safe for a reason, however I'm glad they listened to the fans. Y'know. FOR ONCE.

Posted

Welp, looks like the film's officially getting delayed:

...Neat, I guess? As I said before, changing Sonic's design isn't enough to get me interested in this thing. But hey, this news is bound to please some others.

Posted

It pleases me

Pleases me because it means the poor people modelling Sonic's look and animating it got the extra time they needed after being passed on the need to redo Sonic

Posted

This is actually really good news.  You don't change a release date on the fly.  There's a lot of prep, marketing, and of course MONEY tied into it.  So the fact they're changing it shows that they think it will be much better to do what could be a significant redesign.  And maybe, just maybe, that someone actually cares about this film...