Sonic the Hedgehog (2019 Movie)

137 posts in this topic

Posted

Insomniac aren't working on a Sly Cooper game. No-one is. Last I checked, there's been no word on a new Sly game since Thieves in Time.

And since Rainmaker Studios (the guys that animated the Ratchet and Clank film) ditched the Sly movie project last year, effectively killing the movie before it was even made, there'd be no point in making any form of tie-in.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but a Sly movie (and any video game connected to it) ain't happening. There's the proposed TV show, and that's it.

Well there goes my hopes and dreams... the tv show BETTER be GOOD quality CGI and none of that usual crap.

From the looks of it, the animation studio that are set to create this series are the same ones behind Sonic Boom (among other things).

So I'd imagine that the Sly series will have a similar level of animation quality to those shows.

That's kinda bad still ._. I mean why can't the dudes have similar budget to CGI MOVIES. So good.

Posted

I read in my local paper today that Jim Carey is trying to get cast as Dr Robotnik in the film. I personally hope he doesn't get the role. Where do you stand on this? Also the film is set to be released november next year according to the paper.

Posted

We need Dr. Robotnik to voice Mike Pollock in the movie. Simple as that.

Posted

Out of all the actors that could play our dear Eggman, Jim Carrey seems one of the least fitting. Don't get me wrong, he's great...but not for Doctor Robotnik.

Also, yeah, we need Robotnik to voice Mike Pollock... But IN REAL LIFE!

Posted

I read in my local paper today that Jim Carey is trying to get cast as Dr Robotnik in the film. I personally hope he doesn't get the role. Where do you stand on this? Also the film is set to be released november next year according to the paper.

Yeah no. Jim Carey is awesome actor. But no, for Robotnik.. We need someone older, and crankier. So anyone knows anyone like that? Also please don't be half CGI, half real actors. You know what happened to the Smurfs when they tried it.

Posted

So apparently Sonic the Hedgehog has found his voice for his upcoming movie adaption in Ben Schwartz, who also voices Dewey Duck on Disney Channel's new DuckTales series.

Posted

Seems Ben Schwartz is voicing a lot of blue characters lately. Dewy Duck, Leonardo from the new tmnt, and now Sonic. Must like the color.

Posted

It seems my role here is keeping updates on the progress of the film. I am fairly certain the set is being built or filming for the movie has begun. I'll be doing some digging around to get a concrete answer on it.

Posted

I found out that the release date for the film has been moved from November 15th, 2019 to Nov 8th, 2019. Also from the same source I can confirm that filming starts in September.

Posted

So apparently Sonic the Hedgehog has found his voice for his upcoming movie adaption in Ben Schwartz, who also voices Dewey Duck on Disney Channel's new DuckTales series.

Wait Dewey's VA? I guess it COULD work. IF done correctly, and hoping that they won't butcher the entire Sonic franchise. 

Posted

So I got some news. It is official that it will be CGi/live action mix. Not necessarily a bad thing, just worrisome (The Slender movie did it and it turned out pretty good). But on top of that, people have been seen on set with cameras around. So either their doing rehearsal takes, or they have negun filming. With what Thire brought up, I'm leaning towards rehersals.

Posted

I have heard that the Sonic movie has finished being filmed! Now the editing and post production stage.