Shadow

Sonic Boom (The game)

216 posts in this topic

True. Guess we'll have to wait till E3 as that is when the next lot of details is said to be released. With how Sega is currently doing financially, I just really hope this game is a good one and enough to help get people interested in Sonic again. I'd hate to see little boy Blue go down after so many years when he just started to pick himself up again. Hopefully if the game doesn't, that the cartoon gets the attention of the latest generation of gamers even if it isn't the same Sonic we were introduced to.

I'm curious how Orbot and Cubot will look like. It would be silly if only they weren't redesigned, but they have such simple designs I cant thing of anything that can be changed.

I'm curious how Orbot and Cubot will look like. It would be silly if only they weren't redesigned, but they have such simple designs I cant thing of anything that can be changed.

\

Duct tape, lots and lots of duct tape

1 person likes this

The real question is... Will Orbot and Cubot even appear in the game?

I think it has already been decided that they will

It probably has. It seems like Sega took a liking to those two ever since Sonic Colours. Though wasn't Orbot also in Sonic Unleashed as well but a little bit different? I do recall a robot that was similar in appearance and personality.

Yes there was an orbot look alike in Unleashed (if it wasn't Orbot himself)

Oh, and I had a look on the SNN. There is no mention of Orbot and Cubot there (however, I didn't see Eggman mentioned either) but the cartoon apparently has Orbot and Cubot, so I guess the game will as well

Makes sense. Be a bit strange if the cartoon had characters that weren't included in the games, unless they were the 'character of the week' or some such.

They better have Sonic and MS fight in a fair fight, Not like all those previous fights!!

Though wasn't Orbot also in Sonic Unleashed as well but a little bit different? I do recall a robot that was similar in appearance and personality.

That was indeed Orbot, then known officially as SA-55 (but known by fans as 'Ergo' do to his constant use of the word in that game).

The difference in voice was likely because of different voice casts, since Unleashed was still in the 4Kids Era.

Redesigns are ok as long as they don't overwrite the main look in the future. I can't wait to see how this game is going to be :D

Edited by Snowflake

I'd be happy for Tails' goggles to make their way over to the main franchise! But then I'm a sucker for the goggles look. :P

Tails does look cute in goggles. But to be fair, he always looks cute

1 person likes this

Yup, all the way back in the 16 bit era, he was cute.

That was indeed Orbot, then known officially as SA-55 (but known by fans as 'Ergo' do to his constant use of the word in that game).

The difference in voice was likely because of different voice casts, since Unleashed was still in the 4Kids Era.

Ah that's right. Thanks for that. I should rewatch some of the cutscenes in Unleashed when I've got the time. I'd probably pick up better on any subtle referencing they throw into the latest story arc in the comics.

I'ma voice my opinion~

I honestly don't mind most of the revamps. In my opinion they make a bit more sense. Real hedgehogs are covered in fur so they just fixed Sonic up. Tails looks cooler and it kinda suits him because he's a kid you know? So his clothes show that. I never really cared for Amy but that look is an improvement as well too. Knuckles... Robotnik/Eggman looks the we he shoulda looked from the very beginning. Especially in the games since he runs from Sonic quite easily for a fat guy... That being said, that is my opinion. I'm actually excited to play the game

Has there been any indication if Sticks will be in the game, given she seems to be very prominent in the show?

Not that I've seen. She's prominent in the cartoon, yes. I think the game come's first so that might be the reason. She show's up the cartoon and is introduced then

Actually, they have stated that she'll be prominent (or at least, have some role to play) in the game too. The official statement is as follows:

In advance of the highly-anticipated launch of Sonic Boom, the newest branch of the Sonic the Hedgehog universe announced earlier this year, SEGA is pleased to unveil Sticks, a brand-new character that will play an integral role across all Sonic Boom platforms. Sticks, a jungle badger who has spent most of her life living alone in the wilderness, will appear in the Sonic Boom TV series, Wii U and Nintendo 3DS video games, and merchandise, forming a common thread across all iterations of the new Sonic Boom world. Sticks joins Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy to form the core ensemble featured throughout the Sonic Boom franchise.

Ah! Cool! My mistake then. But I'm guessing she won't be playable. I bet her role is similar to Chip in Sonic Unleashed

That is pretty cool. And I wouldn't rule her out as playable, given they do seem to be pushing her right in as a full main cast member. She might be unlockible at least. And as we've seen Tails shooting lasers in the game, if she is playable looks like her boomerangs will be too.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing as you, Skye. Perhaps it'll be something similar to Rosalina being playable in Super Mario 3D World.

So guys, assuming you saw the video, what are your thoughts on Sonic Boom? I for one think this looks like a really cool game. People keep saying it's just Jak and Daxter with Sonic characters, but since that game series was so popular that maybe a good thing. Besides, I've never played or seen a Jak and Daxter game :P All I can say negatively is that graphics will need sharpening up and it is a little slower paces in speed, but I'm still holding hope for this.

I'd play it if I had the console. And besides how the characters look, (which I've gone through multiple times) I don't have complaints. It's looking good

--------------------

*Ahem*

Turns out there are two seperate games of Sonic Boom (wait what?)

1: Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric - This will be for the Wii U

14306478262_d8861f00e9.jpg

14121735430_4c333960a9.jpg No Sticks here. Aww...

2: Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal - This will be for the 3DS

14307766644_0360d66fbc.jpg Oh THERE she is! Looks like she is playable. Guess I was wrong

14308346745_5ce92666c3.jpg

Those are the pics. But wait! Who is this Lyric that they speak of?

14121829847_3198995472.jpg Robosnakey!

Oh. That's Lyric. HE LOOKS AWESOME! But that does raise some questions with Doctor Eggman... Ah well

So... what are your thoughts guys?

2 people like this

Two separate games eh? Anything to raise the weak WiiU sales I guess.

Still, looking pretty good. And Looks like everyone might be getting lasers!