Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maverick

Music thread

34 posts in this topic

So what are you listening now?

At the moment I listening Vietnam War related classic rock.

In my headphones now playing Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower.

Good idea for a thread, mate.

Let's see, I work at the stock magazin and as Company Administrator, so I really need music either the day will be verrryyyy long.

Most of the time I'm listening heavy metal/hard rock, preferabely Bullet for my Valentine, Dead by April, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace and my favorite (of course) Crush 40.

I'd like to listen to remixes too which are made by fans. OCRemix got some nice pieces, and I really like remixes like Gym Leader/Kanto Champion from Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow and several Decisive Battle remixes from Final Fantasy 6

Good idea for a thread, mate.

Let's see, I work at the stock magazin and as Company Administrator, so I really need music either the day will be verrryyyy long.

Most of the time I'm listening heavy metal/hard rock, preferabely Bullet for my Valentine, Dead by April, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace and my favorite (of course) Crush 40.

I'd like to listen to remixes too which are made by fans. OCRemix got some nice pieces, and I really like remixes like Gym Leader/Kanto Champion from Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow and several Decisive Battle remixes from Final Fantasy 6

Errr I intended that people will write what are they listening right now. But ok, let there be a common theme about musical preferences.

As for me I like to listen some of our russian bands especially Aria, Nautilus Pompilius, Vladimir Vysotsky, Kino, Kar-Men and Aquarium. From foreign music I like progressive rock like Eloy and especially Pink Floyd; all american/uk/australian old-school like Deep Purple, Dire Straits, ZZ Top AC/DC, Twisted Sister, Iron Maiden, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Jimi Hendrix etc. Also I like electronic music like Daft Punk, Kavinsky, Kraftwerk or Powerglove. And another my passion is OSTs from movies and games. In other words I like to listen everything.

I was listening to those too at the moment I posted. You see, I have a playlist which I shuffle through, and all the music I mentioned are in there. Sure, I listen different music too but those are the ones I'm shuffling through most of the time.

I was listening to those too at the moment I posted. You see, I have a playlist which I shuffle through, and all the music I mentioned are in there. Sure, I listen different music too but those are the ones I'm shuffling through most of the time.

Ok then. Misunderstand you.

Oh man, a music thread! Right now I'm listening to the great soundtrack from Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni, by a range of artists. Classical horror is amazing to me. As far as anime music goes, does anybody listen to Yuki Kajiura (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, .Hack, and most recently Sword Art Online)?

Of course, I listen to western bands, too. Iron Maiden and Bullet for my Valentine, Three Days Grace being a few I picked out of these previous posts as being pretty darn good (Iron Maiden is the only one I've listened to even recently, though, along with a Touhou remix band heavily inspired by Iron Maiden, Iron Attack!). My favorite western band right now would have to be Machinae Supremacy.

Of course, I check OCRemix religiously. Game and Anime soundtracks are my musical sustenance.

I listen to a lot of old school and underground Hip-Hop, video game tracks, breakbeats, Nu Skool breakbeats, Drum'n Bass, and Dustep. At this moment, I'm listening to "Rich Man's World" by underground rapper, Immortal Technique. This ain't no lil Wayne or any other s*** you may have heard on TV or the radio, Technique is a rapper who actually has a message in his tracks, often rapping about political issues, and doing it well.

Quite recently though, I was going through music on Youtube and found some artists by the name of "Cryptix" and "The Glitch Mob". Great house and electronic music, with a little Hip-Hop blended into it as well, and a lot of their tracks are really good.

Right now, I'm addicted to chiptune; for some reason, there is something in it that appeal to me.... but when i'm not, I mostly listen to what I find on my drive; ranging from metal to blues,passing through trance-electro. that's quite a way to work I tell you XD

I love to listen to the beatles,they got good songs like lucy in the sky with diamonds even though some of their songs are about drugs.

I thinnk you meant "some of their song were made on drugs".

Right now, I'm listening to This is Halloween from "The Nightmare Before Christmas". It's my favorite song from a Disney movie!

1 person likes this

Oh man, I actually love The Beatles. They have a sound like no other.

And Shadow, on the subject of metal, have you checked out Machinae Supremacy? They're one of my favorite western metal bands, though I've been getting into some Nordic metal such as Fejd, Vintersorg, and Turisas. IRON CHINO, Demetori, Crow's Claw, and Ryu-5150 are a few who have some nice Touhou metal, if you want to listen to some of that.

Right now, I cannot wait to hear the rest of the Touhou 14 soundtrack.

Machinea supremacy? And yet , you forget their greatest Album to date: the entire soundtrack Of JETS N GUN. that was something to remember .

Well, as a WoW player I occasionally listen to music from the game. Right now, thanks to YouTube I'm listening to the login screen music from World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. It's very awesome.

1 person likes this

Anybody listen to Savant? He's an electronic/trap artist and he has a nice variety of songs. He already has 7 albums and is coming out with a new one tomorrow. Here's a preview of one song, I absolutely can't get enough of it. He's on both itunes and spotify if you have them.

I have to admit I am an oldies girl. The tone just gets me so excited and somewhat relaxed. All though a lot of the times I do listen to Crush 40 so I'm still in the 21st Century. :)

Oh well there are a lot of songs I hear all the time, because I use my IPod 24 hours and at seven days in a week. I like hard rock like Metallica or Iron Maiden, but I also like german Punkrock (Rammstein, Blutengel and Snüffel), filmsoundtracks (Pirates of the Carribean, Wreck it Ralph, Sucker Punch) and Rap (ICP 4-ever!). Now I a listening to Herzdieb - Eisbrecher.

I mostly hear my music from radios and tv shows. Other than that, I don't really know any. :unsure:

My sister has a good taste in music, she has everyone's songs. From lady gaga to Kingdom hearts. She has a mixed, awesome playlist which I tend to listen to.

Not sure if there are any Delain fans here, but I've been listening to their new album; The Human Contradiction. Which might worry my UA players as I use music for inspiration, and Delain is very much linked into the UA storyline in my mind.

I would put a link up to my favorite song on the album, Sing To Me, but as it contains an expletive I think I'll avoid it.

While I like all kinds of different music.. I think it's pretty clear that my favorite is J-Pop xD all anime music is my favorite! Though anything goes really. From Opera to Death Metal