The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

This is Moebius we're talking about, so perhaps an assassination? But who? And why would he choose their parents if he knew the risks involved?

"I don't know. It doesn't make sense, he'd have double crossed her. He'd never willingly give another his powers. Mina is a skilled assassin, so I understand tricking her, but that still doesn't explain the exchange. Unless she got that Darned swine Miles involved."

"Swine, That's a lot. What did this Darned kid do to you to deserve that mark of affection ?" Said Glen . (ooc: He doesn't know about the thing in Skye's head)

"Tortured his son, tried to have him killed along with his sister, and then tried to take over the poor boy's mind and kill us all. That's what he did."

Don't forget that he also set me loose to kill you. If I ever see that creep again, I'll tie his tails together and drop him off the roof of his castle!

"Dad, why is everyone talking as if something's wrong with us? It's scaring me."

"Us, Skye," Melody clarified, taking hold of Skye's hand. "But why were they talking about rituals? We've been this colour since we were born."

"Mother wasn't."

"WHAT!?!"

"It's like your speed. You were born with it, Mother got it from one of Father's rituals. The colour happened the same way."

"How do you know this?"

"I, erm, may have had a peek at some of Father's research notes," Skye explained bashfully.

-----------------------

Zet lined up his shot and moved his finger towards the trigger....

'Officer Zet, Officer Zet. Report in. Immediately.' Zet's radio erupted with noise, causing Zet to curse.

In the clearing, Miles heard the commotion of the radio, and with the paranoia necessary for living on Moebius, took flight with Mina without even looking at the source of the noise, weaving through the trees.

"Hold on Mina. We're not far from the castle, then we'll have backup."

(ooc: Wow, Miles has left a lasting impression on the group. And this little jaunt is causing something of a ruckus!)

"Son of a B*tch!" Shadow started firing, trying to lead his shots to compensate for Miles' movement, which was incredibly erratic. He wasn't sure he even had a hit. "We need to get a clearer shot. Let's see where they're heading then go all out on them."

Mina almost shrieked as one of Shadow's wild shots caught her in the arm.

"Hold on Mina, I won't let them hurt you again." Carefully, Miles pulled out a radio as he got near the edge of the tree line.

"Suppression Squad come in. If you want to keep your favourite assassin alive and kick some arrogant Prime Zoner asses, you better get a move on."

As Shadow moved along the ridge he spotted Miles' reinforcements down below. "Zet, Omega. We have to take these guys out, quietly if possible. You 2 stay up here and cover me. I'm going in." Shadow chaos controlled behind a tree and waited for the reinforcements to get closer.

(ooc: Okay, that may have been a mistake. I've got far to many character to control already without needing to add all the main Moebians in the Suppression Squad, Anyone else wanna run them?)

(OOC Who's in the Suppression Squad? I assume I can run some of them once I know who's there. Or you could just change it to generic cannon fodder arriving).

(ooc: Oh! Sorry Shadow, I keep forgetting you haven't read the comics, so, erm, that makes this tricky without some explinations, so in this case lets just say that wave one is basic mooks.)

(OOC It's ok. I had a look but the list had loads of former members which obviously wasn't helpful. Oh well, time to greet wave one).

Shadow grabbed the first Moebian and smashed his head against the tree before lunging at the one next to him, swiftly breaking his neck. Their screams resulted in a hail of gunfire going all over the place as the surviving members tried to find and kill Shadow. He quickly dispatched the rest, and as the last one tried to flee, impaled him to a tree with a chaos spear. "Stick around." he said smugly before picking up a radio. "Hello runt. Was that the best you've got? How disappointing." (OOC Mandatory Predator reference has been made).

(Ooc: Yeah, just send some normal mook. We aren't going to have Alicia dead within her first minute in the show.)

"That's.......Cute. What a nice kid. Lovable." Said Glen.

-----------

"Well, They are rather afraid for you , rather by than you ..... They obviously care about you two well being , and this was not your original color for sure. But what happenned happenned , and We did not took you both in because of your color anyways."Said Locke

"Dad... But... But... This IS our original colour..." Skye was starting to sound a little hysterical.

"Skye, we didn't somehow shift Zones when we blacked out did we?" whispered Melody.

---------------------------------

Miles just stared at the carnage behind him in disbelief. Not at what he'd seen, they're been worse on Moebius. But the fact a Prime Zoner was even capable of such actions... He regained his composure now that he'd reached the castle.

"Oh, they did all they needed to do Shadow. Slow you down. Now then, what's all this about? You're putting a surprising amount of effort into killing us."

(ooc: Ok, looking at the Suppression Squad membership, where we are in the timeline, and making some advanced guesses, the membership would consist of:

Queen Alicia Acorn (Sally with a whip)

Boomer (cyborg Rotor with sonic cannons in his arms)

Patch (Antoine missing an eye)

Buns Robbot (Bunny, but instead of cybernetics pilots a battle-suit that looks like Omega. Yes, I am going on the assumption she rejoins the Squad after Scourge is gone.

And killing Alica... hmmm.... what impact would that have on the kid's memories I wonder.)

"Just tying up loose ends." Suddenly the tree behind him shattered and toppled over. Shadow barely managed to roll out of the way. "What the hell was that?" He then saw a large figure approach. "A walrus? Think you're in the wrong climate pal." The crack of a whip was heard and Alicia came from the right. "Ok so I've got a hulking guy with a huge set of cannons, and a kinky squirrel. Got any more freaky friends?"

(OOC: Ugh this college life is gonna screw me over. I'm only gonna be here in the afternoons again so for you guys that's already late at night. I may go off on my own again to stay in the RP.)

Knuckles, Gamma, and Ikiryo leave the hotel and start walking down the street.

"That was truly relaxing." Gamma starts. "However, even though the time won't matter, I would like to return to my own world. It is not my place here, and they need me."

Knuckles looks to him and smiles. "I understand completely. Leave to Skye and them. They'll find a way to get the dimensional watch fixed and then you can leave when you're ready.

I think I may go with him Knux.

"What!? Why?"

Well I've been putting some thought into it. Although I've always been a part of your subconscious, I was born there. I may not have had a body, however I had my own mind. It gave me the information I know now. It's only right that I return with Gamma.

"But what if something happens to you out there?"

Gamma does a quick brain scan. "The inter-dimensional reaction should not be able to reach you Knuckles. You may get a sense of him, however you are no longer connected. He is his own being."

"That doesn't mean I'm not concerned about his well being! Both of you! Everyone we met!"

All the more reason I should go to help keep them safe.

A pause rolls through as Knuckles stops. The three of them stare blankly into the distance as the realization kicks in. Ikiryo puts his hand on Knuckles shoulder.

Don't worry, we'll fix everything. And we'll come back to visit someday too. I promise.

Knuckles looks at him and smiles. "You better."

Yes, Glen. He is loveable. In a creepy sort of way. I guess you could also say insane. And homicidal.

Once inside the castle Mina sprung from Miles grasp, almost fully recovered except for the wounded arm, and even that seemed to be healing. Miles switched off the radio.

"You were faking?" he asked.

"Only the last little distance. I've got my breath back now. And an idea." Mina whispered something to Miles then sprinted off. Miles grinned and reopened the radio channel.

"You know I can't tell you that Shadow. Showing my hand early, that sort of thing. You said earlier you had no one your cared about. Let's see how much of that is true. What is more important? Tying up this 'loose end' or..."

----------------------

Zet was lining up a shot, ready to take out Alicia when Mina came swooping out of the trees behind him. He barely had time to turn before she was on him. Her knife flashed and Zet screamed. Mina sped off before Omega could get a lock on.

--------------

"Getting your friend to safety before he bleeds to death." Miles finished.

(ooc: Ouch, that's kinda harsh Knux. Well, have fun while you are here, and hope collage ain't gonna be too difficult.

And as if to prove Dylan's point...)

(ooc:I guees I'll start own so I can be in the rp,I'll be the the loveable Dr.Finitevus.)

(ooc: If only Shadow knew the conversation we were having)

"You B*tch! I swear to you, I will find you, and I will kill you. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. But someday." Shadow chaos controlled to Zet and put pressure on the wound. He turned off the radio. "It's ok, you'll make it. You'll get out of here. Can you work the teleporter on your own?"

A warp ring open near some ancient ruins and Dr.Finitevus stepped out of the glowing portal.

"These ruins shall do nice for my new lab and base of operations."

"Zet gasped with the pain. "Yeah, I can. But how will you get back?"

--------------------------------

"Shadow? Shadow? Hmm, it appears he hung up. No matter." Miles walked over two the set of Star Posts and began typing in coordinates as Mina arrived back.

"I think I made poor little Shadow a little frustrated. Oh, what are you looking at." Mina looked over Miles shoulder at the profile on the computer screen, one for Hope.

"The information we took from the Freedom HQ computer has been invaluable. And it turns out GUN in the Prime Zone have been working on a set of Star Posts of their own. If Shadow keeps coming, I saw you pay his little Overlander friend a visit."

"That doesn't matter right now. When you get back to GUN tell them to send the Viper here. It'll wipe the whole area from the map. Authorisation code X458-569S-EO2A-GP43. Got that? And Zet, tell Rouge I'm sorry I won't be coming back."