The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"That looks like her, and she's in a hurry." Suddenly there was a massive explosion. Shadow ran forward as soon as he could, hoping Mina wasn't caught in the blast, as he knew the dreadful consequences if that happened. "Mina! Are you hurt?" he called out, hoping for a response.

"Awww, such unexpected concern. Don't worry I'm fine." said a voice from behind Shadow. Mina was sitting casually behind them, trying not to show just how drained she was using Miles teleport amulet.

(ooc: I'm back. I've missed a lot again. I hate it when that happens)

"Good. You're ok. I trust you were successful? Or did he activate the self destruct and run off?"

(Ooc: Gutsman? who are you playing now? And for dylan, It happen to me everytime I go to sleep.)

"Skye? Don't worry, we are almost there. Don't fall of now." Skye and melody didn't look fine at all. Fortunally they got in their hotel room rather quickly.

Locke then proceeded to get them back in the children's bedroom. "There, relax.we are back."

---------------------------------------

Let's hoope whatever they might be doing, They aren't getting the time of their lives without us." Said Glen.

"Either the blood loss got him or the explosion. I'm just sorry I couldn't bring back the head as proof. I don't like to leave loose ends."

------------------------

Both kids seemed unsure about where they were, as if they'd never been to the hotel before.

"Back to Moebius then. I think the rest of the crew can take things from here." Zet fired up the teleporter.

"Ok then. Now that just leaves... er the payment." said Shadow with a hint of reluctance.

"I doubt they're enjoying it Glen."

"Skye? Melody? Are you really alright?" Said Red, a bit upset. She also wasn't feeling good too. But nothing too grave.

------------------------------------------------

"Dylan, Finally Back from whereever you were?" Said Glen.

"No I'm not R...Mom. I can't... it's difficult to remember anything. It's like my memories keep slipping away and changing."

I didn't go anywhere, Glen. I was still with you guys, but was quiet. Thinking about stuff.

The group re-appeared on Moebius.

"Now that we're here, I believe there is the small matter of payment. Don't worry Mr , you won't be harmed by the process at all."

"I would be best if Mr Red stayed behind though. I'm not sure what effect proximity to the process would have on a robot. It might mess up his circuits." And with that Melody started leading the way back to the statue.

As Mina walked off Shadow gave Omega a quick nod and hand signal. Omega understood. He was to wait at a safe distance and disrupt the ceremony from afar if need be. Shadow then walked off, whispering to Zet "I got a bad feeling about this."

Mina waited by the statute for the other two to arrive, then cried out. "Now Miles." There was a bright flash as a paralysing spell triggered, and the ground underneath Shadow and Zet opened up. Despite the long fall, the landing was surprisingly soft.

"I'm sorry about this, Mr Black. But there was a chance you wouldn't pay and, well, I've a Rep to maintain."

Another figure stepped forward, arms crossed and looking disdainful at Shadow and Zet. Given that the last time Shadow had seen Miles was as an adult, the child didn't have quite the same presence.

"So this is the Prime Shadow? Not much to look at. We should just kill him once we're done."

"No Miles. He hired me to do a job, so as long as he forfills the payment he's free to go."

(ooc: might just be my semi-sleepy state, but I'm wanting to go for the process working idea now...)

"You'll get yours Miles, you pathetic worm. I assure you. And know this Mina. If I die here or lose my powers, this whole Zone will be 'sanitised'. And not even my powers could save you then. So you better hope your runt of a boyfriend doesn't screw things up." (OOC If you want to go for it).

"Hmph," Miles snorted, "I know what I'm doing, don't worry."

"No need to be so angry Shadow." Mina smiled and gave him a poke, "you'll be free to go after this. I always keep my word. Like when I say that if you try to back out, those close to you will suffer." The innocent smile never left her face as Miles strapped Shadow down to a table.

"What about the other?"

"Oh, he can go back with Shadow. He's no threat. Though, I did get the feeling he was hoping I'd be killed on this little errand."

Zet eyes opened wide. Mina lay down on a table nearby, while Miles set up a large crystalline structure between the two.

(ooc: part of me wants to go for it to solve the 'mistake for others' issue, and another part just to mind screw with everyone. And this IS RPM, so it can be easily undone after all.)

"The people I care about are either long dead or far, far away. Those you care about on the other hand...well it's like I said, he'll get his. They always do. Now let's get this done."

"Oh, this is just about convenience, nothing more," said Mina. Behind her, Miles face briefly lost its disdainful look for one of childish disappointment, but quickly recomposed himself.

"Let's get this over with." Miles raised his arms and magical energy began flowing through the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Melody screamed and fell hard to the ground, once more clutching her head.. Skye, already kneeling on the floor, crumpled and tucked himself into a foetal position, whimpering.

(ooc: Kinda amusing just how true Shadow words are, given he knows how this will play out in a few decades time. Up to you Shadow how the ritual goes from here for Shadow.)

What the...

*Rushes to Melody and Skye*

What's happening?! What's going on?!

Shadow felt his powers being transfered to Mina. "To hell with this." he thought. "She never specified how much of or how long she'd get my powers." He then managed to yell out "FIRE!" through the intense pain. Omega, who had crept to the edge of the hole, responded by firing a well placed shot at Miles. The bullet only grazed his arm, but it was enough to knock his concentration and disrupt his spells. Shadow grabbed Zet and teleported to the top of the hole. "Never trust a spook." he said smugly before chaos controlling the trio to a distant location where Zet could prep the teleporter in relative safety. "I don't know how much of my powers she got, other than too much. I shoulda knocked her out the second we got back here. Now I've really screwed things up. If I'd have known this I'd have told Omega to kneecap that runt Miles."

"Mi... Miles? What h-happened?"

"Mina... are you?" Miles began, but the words died in his mouth when he saw Mina.

"Oh, this is different..." Mina looked at her new appearance. Her yellow fur and purple hair were now black and red.

"I think the spell went wrong when I was shot, and I transferred a bit more than just powers."

"Nevermind Miles," said Mina as one of her hands started glowing with Chaos Energy. "I got what I was after."

--------------------

"I just prayed that @$%&£ would go down with Nega. That would'va solved all our problems."

--------------------

"I... I don't know, Dylan." Melody managed to gasp out. "It like..."

She didn't get a change to finish before another wave of pain hit. Both children seemed to ripple out of existence for a few moments, and when they stabilised both children looked different. Melody fur was now black, though her hair remained the same purple as before, while the dull orange of Skye had been replace with a dark red. Skye opened his eyes.

"Melody, are you ok?" Melody picked herself up.

"Yeah, I'm fine Skye. I don't feel woozy at all now. What happened at the ice cream shop?"

"I wish I knew. I've no idea."

(ooc: Ok, my madcap plan is that Skye and Melody don't know they've changed (i.e. they've always looked like this) but everyone else knows that this is a change. Except maybe Red and Crowley, as they are also from the future. That's up to Locke and Shadow respectively.)