The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Wanna give me a little taste ? I'm a little hungry right noow." joked Glen.

----------------------------------

""Why memody , my dear girl ? I though it was fitting due to how we got you out . But if you think it's offending you, I'll get something else."Said Locke."I want you both to be as comfortable as possible in your new lives."

The younger Melody looked at Locke with a horrified expression.

“How you got me out?”

Her horrified look turned into a look of anger as tears began rolling down her face.

“Don’t you see? DON’T YOU SEE!” screamed the younger Melody, causing Skye to clutch his ears in pain. “You’re my Dad, and even you are trying to give me a name that says ‘I’m just a clone brought out of someone’s memories.’ I’d be as well to wear a sign around my neck saying ‘Inferior Copy’. This is why I need to be different Dad. A different name isn’t enough. Even YOU can’t truly think of me as unique anymore.”

The older one had been about to respond to Dylan when the younger began screaming.

-------------

“But won’t that spoil your appetite for later?” teased Ziona.

"Melody, we all KNOW you're your own person" Dylan said, trying to reassure younger Melody. "Locke wasn't saying your a copy, he was just trying give you a name that wouldn't confuse both of you..."

Then, turning to Locke he said "Though, he really should've put more thought into you're thoughts on names rather than just make the decision himself"

(ooc: I must admit, I saw this coming the first time you used it)

"But don't you understand ?."Said Locke."That's because I see you as unique that I gave you this name !!!! Because I didn't want to hurt your feeling by mistakenly designing your sister ! but Isee how bad of an idea it was...."

-------------------------------

"I'm always hungry for more when it comes to my favorite red fox."

Hope looked at Locke. "I hope you're proud of yourself. For all your talk of 'oh she's her own person' you can't even call her by her real name. Don't act like distingusihing between either Melody if they both responded would involve some kind of Herculean effort, because it wouldn't."

"It's ok Melody. We know you're you. Locke just didn't think things through fully before he called you that," she thought.

-----

"You'll get the actual memories back in time. I'm not an expert, but I know the basics of memory encoding," replied Zamy.

"You... you could have come up with a name that wasn't a label of where I came from," sobbed the younger Melody.

'I... I know, you know. But having it paraded on front of me like that," thought Melody to Hope.

"Maybe, I should leave. I seem to be the cause of all of this," said the older Melody.

--------------

"It's just difficult to be sure when magic is involved," replied Miles.

--------------

"Well, maybe I'll let you have a little snack," said Ziona moving in closer.

"Don't go. It's not your fault. It's just this is a difficult situation, and I don't think leaving is going to make things easier for anyone" he said before turning to younger Melody

"Look, Melody, you don't HAVE to have a new name if you don't want one, and if you do then we can come up with one that doesn't label you as anything but unique. And it certainly won't be final until you are completely happy with it. This is your choice entirely"

"I know. I'm not saying I'm happy about it," thought Hope.

-----

"I know. But anyway, let's go for that walk."

"I do want a new name," sobbed Melody. "I want a new everything!"

'I know you think it's weird, but do you understand now why I want to go through with this?' she thought.

"Then maybe I should just step outside the room," the older Melody suggested. "She keeps throwing me aside glances."

"I don't think she means to do that Melody," said Skye.

-----------

"Yeah. It'll be a chance for both of us to try and clear our heads," said Miles.

"Then we'll come up with a new name that you want. Not some name which labels you as anything other than unique or special"

"No . no one leave . Exept Hope, and dylan ... In fact, anyone that isn't family ."Said Locke."This is a matter that has to be taken care of now, before it gets worse ." sabre was coming in with Red on a wheelchair, shortly before leaving .

"I might be family, but I'm not risking my neck in this story."

---------------------------------------

"That would be nice of you."

"Thank's Dy..." began Melody before Locke spoke.

"Hi Mom. Good to see you're out of bed," said Skye. "Uh, have you been told about what's going on?"

The older Melody was backing away slightly from Red. "Are you sure I can't go?" she asked.

"I do want Hope to stay," said the younger Melody.

'But we can still talk if you leave!' she thought.

------------

"And I thought I was the hesitant one," laughed Ziona, then she grabbed Glen tightly and kissed him.

"If it will help sort this whole thing out, then I'll go" Dylan said. He then turned and left the room, a little sad being left out of this, even though he wasn't family

"I'm not abandoning my friend. If she wants me to stay, I stay."

------

Zamy headed out of the bowling alley with Miles and looked for a nice area to go through.

"Dylan! I'm sure you don't need to go," called Skye, glancing towards Locke as he shouted.

"Thanks Hope," said Melody squeezing her hand.

-----------

"Is that a park over there? It looks like a park," said Miles pointing.

"Ultimatly, I'm the one in command I'm affraid , Hope." said."There are several situations that needs to be defused right now, And I'm doing one bomb at a time . " explained Locke."First , Melodies. Then, Miles. After that, Spark. And last but not least, the weeks worth of damage caused all around the island because of us and eggman. I'm trying to take care of this as humanly as possible, like you would say. So please, just leave the room for a little while."

----------------------------

Glen was surprised by Ziona's attack , but let himself go , being extra careful of her arm.

"I'm sorry, but like I said, my loyalties are with Melody. I'm not leaving unless she wants me to."

-------

"Looks like it to me. Let's go."

"It can't do much harm to have them stay, can it Dad? They already know Melody's plan, and things arn't gonna get much stranger than that," said Skye.

Melody held on slightly tighter to Hope, looking at Locke with pleading eye's.

"Please. I want her to stay."

------------

Miles happily followed Zmay into the park.

-------------

"Mmm, was that filling enough for you?" asked Ziona.

Dylan waited outside. Despite what Skye said as he was leaving, he didn't answer back. He was still sad missing out but at the same time he tried telling himself wouldn't be much help anyway

"I could ask for more, but that would be greedy." Said glen.

------------------------------

"This is family Matter , Melody. I'm affraid.. Hope isn't family . She is your closest friend, but i cannot make exeption because of that. A guardian has to follow the rules, I'm sure you understand that."

"Are you trying to guilt me into this?" snarled Melody. Then she took a deep breath and tried to calm down. "Dad, I'm... I'm really on edge with all this. If I could run I'd be far away from Haven by now. Hope... Just by being here she's helping me keep it together. I... don't know what I'd do if she left."

------------

"We'll save it till this evening then," said Ziona giving him a playful tickle.

"Just let Hope stay" Dylan called from outside. "She's going to be more help in there than out here"

"Getting dylan out is hard enough , melody . Please, just..let go of hope for a little while . it might be the only time I'll ever ask you this in your life. It is also the most important."

-----------------------------------------

"I hope you'll surprise me then." Said Glen teasingly.

"Fine," snapped Melody, crossing her arms. "Let's just get this over with."

'I'm sorry Hope, but it's like arguing with a brick wall,' thought Melody.

'This is not going well,' thought Skye to himself.

"Skye, I thought you said you had a nice family," the older sister whispered in his ear.

"Normally we do. Things are just... rather strained right now," he whispered back.

(ooc: First that name thing, then sending Hope away? You're gonna have a hard time convincing Melody now Locke.)

-------------

"I thought you said YOU were going to surprise ME tonight," laughed Ziona.

Hope headed out of the room then began to prepare her experimental teleporter for another test.

"Might as well give it another test run. I'll talk to you later Melody. I should get back to work," she thought. "Bye Dylan. I hope things get easier for you around here," she said before disappearing in a blue flash. Landing back in her laboratory, she felt no ill effects from her journey.

-----

"It certainly is a lovely day out here," said Zamy.