The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"So you actually live here now Skye?" asked the Older Melody.

"WE live here now," insisted Skye. Melody paused.

"I'm not so sure Skye."

------------

"Okay Dad," said the younger Melody. "But we're all here for you Mom."

------------

"I suppose you're right. I don't know where I could have my next flashback after all," said Miles.

------------

"Oh I think I do," smiled Ziona

"That sound's good," said Miles, jumping off the bench. "Although, I am surprised you didn't talk to Zouge yourself while she was here. Y'konw, about the whole, er... memory thing...."

"I know, i think I'll do it when I have some spare time. I woudln't want it all to eat into our day," said Zamy.

Miles paused, then smiled though he felt a little conflict. On the one hand, Zamy wasn't wanting to spoil the day. On the other, Miles suspect it must be harder for her.

"You're right. We should really try and enjoy ourselves," he said. "It's your turn to chose what to do."

(ooc: Out of the room? That means... I can jump into the conversation! Yay! :D)

"Of course this is your home to Melody" Dylan said revealing himself to have been outside the whole time. "If you want it to be that is"

Zamy looked around and spotted a small kiosk in the distance. "Fancy a snack or a drink?"

Melody jumped when she heard Dylan speak, spinning round and drawing her knife. Skye caught her arm.

"I forgot we were gonna need to go through that again," Skye muttered before speaking up. "He's a friend,. We're all friends here Melody. You don't need to be on edge. And Dylan's right, this can be you home if you want."

"But I'm not sure that's what I want," said Melody, sheathing her knife and looking at the two of them. "This world seems so strange. You're mother is the person I thought killed me. There's another me running around. Mother acting so oddly. I don't know if I want to be a part of all this."

-------------

"Mmm, that'll be great! I think I've got some more space in here now," said Miles patting his stomach.

"We're all on edge a little right now" Dylan said relieved the knife got nowhere near him. "More so than I originally thought and we're meant to be on holiday. But it's still a really nice place with lots of nice people who probably couldn't see themselves being here a month ago. I'm sure Skye would agree there"

Miles happily followed behind Zamy.

------------------

"You have a gift for understatement Dylan," said Skye. "Anyway Melody, you won't be going anywhere untikl you've at least got you new body. So try the life until then. After that, you can make up your mind."

Melody looked a little hesitant.

"I'm... sorry about almost attacking you there."

"Don't worry. I'm pretty used to it"

"You are?" Asked Melody surprised. Then she thought about it for a second. "Well, I guess if you already knew another ME..."

Miles pondered for a moment. "Those look good," he said, pointing towards a pile of individually wrapped small piles. "And one of those to drink." There was a pause. "Uh, please...." he added sheepishly.

-------------

"I think I question your definition of holiday," said Melody.

"No, not to Melody's knife attacks, I'm not sure if she's done it. Just being attacked in general. Whether it's friends or enemies. Yeah... It's been a busy holiday and before that, it was worse"

"Sometimes I do as well, but trouble has a habit of finding us"

"So I gathered when Skye was telling me what had been happening here," smiled Melody.

"Then you can understand more what our definition of holiday is" Dylan said smiling back

"No. I just think the experience has left that word warped in your mind," joked Melody.

Dylan shrugged "Yeah, your probably right. In which case we better have a real holiday to fix it"

"Why do I get the feeling by 'real holiday' you actually mean having to stop the end of the world," joked Melody.

------------

"fanks!" said Miles, once again thanking her with a mouthful of food. "This pie's great. Sure you don't want a bit?"

"Isn't that what holidays are all about?" Dylan replied, also joking

"As long as there is ice cream at the end," smiled Melody. "Okay, I'll admit, I've missed this. Being treated and acting like an actual Moebian as opposed to a broken robot."