The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

Miles sighed. "Let's talk about something else. This is making me introspective and I don't like that."

Dylan looked at Skye surprised

"Um... I don't know how to do magic"

"Don't worry, all you need to do is read the words, and the the power. I can supply it, but as I'm part of the ritual I might not be able to focus enough to shape the magic properly." As he spoke Skye was rummaging across the desks, looking for something.

--------------

"No, no! It's not your fault. Don't apologise Zamy," said Miles. "I'm the one who brought up Skye and Melody after all."

"Yeah. We better find something else to do so you have an excuse not to return to Haven for a while," teased Miles.

"We could..." began Miles slowly and hesitantly, "We could look for somewhere else to stay on the island... Close enough so I could still hang out with Anna, if she wants to. But far enough away so you don't have the Brotherhood peering over your shoulder."

"As much as I'd like to I don't think I could afford it, or justify putting it on my expenses... hmmm. We can still have a look thouģh."

"Well, I uh... Back on Moebius... I do have some stashes of resources hidden away. Maybe we could..." began Miles.

"What kind of resources are we talking about? We only need enough to pay rent for a 2 bedroom apartment or something."

"Well, uh... I may have relocated... a bit of the treasury of Castle Acorn..." said Miles. "Just in case things went south with my plans. It should be enough, well, easily enough..."

"Well you may be guaranteeing Crowley a paycut, but that'll do nicely. I'm sure there'll be more than enough there."

Miles laughed. "I get the feeling if he really wanted to he could walk out with the whole treasury!"

"I didn't even know she did. I have to say I'm impressed she managed to keep him hidden from me," said Miles. "But I've no idea how she keeps him around either. She must have promised him something."

"He is a highly secretive person. And she might have promised him something. Perhaps sharing her crown, or something he'd want? I don't really know what his interests and tastes are."

"He didn't seem like the crown-sharing type. But there could easily be something else he wants. Maybe Mi... Anna would know more?" Miles looked around. "Should we go and pick up some of the stash?" he asked.

"She might do. And sure, let's go," said Zamy before activating her teleporter.

"Whoa! A little warning!" said Miles.

"If you need me to do it, then I can give it a try. Cant guarantee ll be successful in it though"

"Probability better than I could do on my own. Ah, here it is," said Skye as he pulled out a sheet of paper. "Here, read these words a few times to get the hang of it. I'll get the circle set up."

------------

"Well, yes. But I wasn't expecting you to teleport us right away!" He looked around. "Funny. I thought it would feel different being back here."

"Sorry Miles. And maybe you're adjusted to both Zones so you can't feel any difference. You did grow up here on Moebius after all."

"Considering you have more experience with magic than I do, I highly doubt it" Dylan said before beginning to read the words to himself