The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"It might be easier to do so now, given you have already 'done it'. Even though you weren't in control at the time," pondered Miles. "Once you get the hang of it, you should be able to get the 'feeling' of summoning something. But until you know what that 'feeling' is...."

"I see your point. I think I'll practice it later on. I'd rather not have a mishap right now."

Miles laughed. "No. I don't think the park management would approve if you suddenly made it start raining batons or something!"

"About time" he thought when Locke mentioned getting it over with

"No. I think enough incidents happen around you already," teased Miles.

"Hey, cheer up. Just enjoy the park and the nice day," said Miles, though he had a rather faraway look in his eyes.

Miles turned smiling to Zamy, but the look in his eyes made it clear he wasn't exactly seeing the present.

"Right Mom. Now let's catch up with Dad. He's just ahead." Miles turned, slipped, and fell to his knees. He rubbed his head.

"That was weird."

"I... I don't know. Was that a flashback... or a hallucination...? Maybe, maybe you should. But I think it's passed now. I don't know," said Miles uncertainly, and a little bit shaken.

"It sounds like it might be a flashback. You did look like you were kind of zoned out."

"That... doesn't surprise me. I thought I saw Mom... right where you were..." said Miles sadly. "For a moment... I thought maybe she..." he began, but left the rest of the sentence unfinished.

"For a moment you thought it was real? I understand. Perhaps we should get Zouge to see if she can help you have any more flashbacks."

Miles nodded. "If you think it would help, then yes. Like you said before, better to have something like that controlled than happening randomly."

Zamy nodded then pulled out her radio before trying to get a hold of Zouge. "Hopefully it shouldn't take too long to get her on here."

Miles nodded back and made his way over to a nearby bench. He lay down on it, gazing up at the sky.

Zamy eventually got through to Zouge and explained the situation. "She'll be here as soon as possible Miles."

"That's good. Thank you Zamy," said Miles. He sat up on the bench so that Zamy could also sit down, but still stared at the sky. "I miss being able to fly."

(ooc: Darn it. Now everytime I write the word sky I need to go back and remove the 'e'!)

Zamy sat down on the bench. "I'm sorry about what happened to your tail. I can only imagine what it must have been like to fly. Maybe we'll get a workaround for you one day."

"It's alright Zamy," said Miles, though the tone of his voice suggested otherwise. "If it hadn't gone, we wouldn't be talking now. But even if we do get a workaround, it won't be quiet the same. In some ways it fells like a bigger blow to my freedom than even No-Zone jail was."

Zamy sighed. "I can empathise with you. Having that freedom and then losing it. It's impressive you've coped so well," she replied as Zouge arrived.

"Empathise?" asked Miles. "Does that mean you lost...?" Miles words broke off as Zouge arrived.

"No, you're thinking of sympathy. Empathy is where you put yourself in someone else's position so to speak, sympathy is when you've actually experienced it," explained Zamy before turning to Zouge. "Thank you for coming."

"No problem. Now Miles, Zamy said you just had a flashback. Can you remember what it was, and what you were doing before it happened?"